Nintendo Direct 12/18 6AM PT

a9cito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just for fun, I counted all the times Iwata said "let's take a look" (five). I know he's there to present the stuff, but still...it's the same fucking sentence the whole time. I mean...he WANTS us to make a drinking game of it, right? :unsure:.

Well english is not his natural languaje.... what about you learn japanese or another languaje, you will use the sentence that makes you feel most comfortable, if you try to find another synonym for the sentence, you will lost fluency and every one will say your japanese or english sucks.

But maybe Iwata must make nintendo direct in japanese for yours ears sake, and then you can criticize his grammar.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well english is not his natural languaje.... what about you learn japanese or another languaje, you will use the sentence that makes you feel most comfortable, if you try to find another synonym for the sentence, you will lost fluency and every one will say your japanese or english sucks.

But maybe Iwata must make nintendo direct in japanese for yours ears sake, and then you can criticize his grammar.
Erm...my native language is Dutch. Aside that, I'm fluent in English and French. And while I'm not exactly learning Japanese, my karate class uses exclusive Japanse terms for everything. In any case, I can safely say that learning synonyms and other ways to express yourself actually increases your fluency in the language. And not by a tiny margin.

But I certainly agree with your suggestion: I'd prefer him to speak Japanese every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Not because I would understand it (that's why subtitles exist), but because I'm sure he'll be more spontaneous and enthusiast then. I'm sure he absolutely loves and adores the games his company is making...but it doesn't show. And it doesn't show because he's busy trying to correctly read the autocue. That he created with at least one professional translator before the direct.

Did you know that in communication, only 7% is about the words you actually use? The far majority is transmitted by body language and intonation of voice. And that, my friend, is HARD when speaking a foreign language. I don't blame him for not being able to pull it off. And to a degree, I respect him for trying. I just don't see the added value. At E3, they had translators with them. After an initial "herro eve'yone", they switched to Japanese. And it showed in their presentation (far better).

Reactions: a9cito

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was mind blown at the Kirby-Rainbow Road-Mario Kart-Rosalina's star-Rosalina-Smash part of the video. Literally, a bunch of unexpected turn of events :lol:

And yes, that Zelda Warriors game has the visuals of a GameCube game, and the music also made me feel disappointed, but not that much... only the music not that much.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow all those new titles are pretty embarrassing.

A Dynasty Warriors/Zelda crossover that seems to miss a huge part of Dynasty Warriors (having a bagillion playable characters), a cheap minigame collection based on NES games, and a Dr. Mario game with Luigi stapled on because muh year of luigi.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow all those new titles are pretty embarrassing.

A Dynasty Warriors/Zelda crossover that seems to miss a huge part of Dynasty Warriors (having a bagillion playable characters), a cheap minigame collection based on NES games, and a Dr. Mario game with Luigi stapled on because muh year of luigi.

Christ that is weird. I was just on Kotaku reading all the dumb comments on there, and then I read your post and it basically said the exact same thing.

Reactions: Duo8

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Christ that is weird. I was just on Kotaku reading all the dumb comments on there, and then I read your post and it basically said the exact same thing.

What's so dumb about it? I'm a pretty avid fan of Dynasty Warriors despite it being pure shlock and one of the appeals of the game was having like 50 playable characters. What can you have here? Link? And ummm... Link? Zelda is not really known for its expansive universe, especially put next to Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's so dumb about it? I'm a pretty avid fan of Dynasty Warriors despite it being pure shlock and one of the appeals of the game was having like 50 playable characters. What can you have here? Link? And ummm... Link? Zelda is not really known for its expansive universe, especially put next to Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
You really don't know if it's just link. It's a WIP.

For all we know this is just a side mission thing or whatever tacked onto the main game. Or it'll have all the characters.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You really don't know if it's just link. It's a WIP.

For all we know this is just a side mission thing or whatever tacked onto the main game. Or it'll have all the characters.

Who else can we play as? Zelda? Shiek? Ganondorf?

You'd be stretching to get 10 characters, compare that to the, what, 48 characters in Dynasty Warriors?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
At the very least you can have a whole bunch of weapons though. It's not like there's any lack of those in the Zelda games.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

You'd be stretching to get 10 characters, compare that to the, what, 48 characters in Dynasty Warriors?

We really don't know. Like I said, this could be a side thing tacked onto a main DW game. Or even have the DW characters playable. All we saw was a quick WIP. Hell just looking at it you can tell that it's still in the very very VERY early stages of development.

Reactions: T Link7

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We really don't know. Like I said, this could be a side thing tacked onto a main DW game. Or even have the DW characters playable. All we saw was a quick WIP. Hell just looking at it you can tell that it's still in the very very VERY early stages of development.

Well Dynasty Warriors: Gundam and One Piece Pirate Warriors have their own rosters so I don't see this as a "tack-on".

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Zelda "lore" (lol) has a giant war in it that was only mentioned in backstories of the main games. I know this isn't to be taken as canon or part of the main series at all, but it could use that. Maybe generic Hyrulean soldiers or just completely new characters with or without characteristics of the usual DW characters.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country

Or Warriors orochi 3. Less "official" in terms of history but much MUCH more fun and best of all? It boasts 132 character!

I would actually be ok with a lowish roster if you fight actual bosses with the movesets they had in the games. Besides, Im betting we have multipal links from different games, i could probably name about 20 other characters they could include. Also, imagine if they made Tingle one of the playable characters? :rolleyes:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Jd9ka6fTZUw