Nintendo Direct April 1st 3pm PT / 6pm ET / 11pm GMT

Wekd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo is focusing much more on hardware than software, Amiibo, now the new card amiibo. Where are the hits games?
Really hope to see some exclusive games!

breaktemp

D-Sun who was called D-Moon
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Mewtwo x Lucas was a nice addition to smash.

* the youtube leaks were real *

The N64 and NDS virtual consoles are a nice touch ^_^"

* been having trouble collecting NDS game *

Most of the indie games look cool...but nothing is cool as that "SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI X FIRE EMBLEM" trailer !!

Very happy to see an update for 3DS street-pass games.

* gotta get that zombie survival game *

The new fire emblem is a must buy, for me, next year.

That Sonic gear with 200cc free update is freaking amazing !!

Trophies
XP
Country
i cant browse twitch stream because too many cool meme's in chatbox

Have they mentioned anything about zelda u or NX?

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
2016 is the year of Fire Emblem.

Imagine dropping FE 3DS then in the last quarter, FExSMT.

I can honestly say at the moment I'd rather have FExSMT than Persona 5 which speaks volumes of why I purchased a Wii U. Quality over quantity. I just hope Nintendo deliver.

Reactions: chavosaur

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Looking forward to Fire Emblem, that looks amazing, the idea of having genuinely important choices looks fascinating. But other than that my dear old 3DS looks to be going hungry for a while. Not a whole lot on the way, at least until I convince myself that the New 3DS XL is worth a purchase, and convince the wife not to shiv my in the crotch for 'wasting money'. Also, why in the name of Jesus' glowing sacred nutsack are DS games on the Wii U Virtual Console instead of the 3DS one? Don't tell me it's a processing power issue or something or I will have to headbutt you into a fine paste.

Naturally bitterly disappointed that yet again the 3DS VC has no SNES/GBA support. But I will concede that a couple of things made the Wii U look a tiny bit less lame. As in upgraded from 'not a chance in hell, get that shit out of my house' likelihood of purchase to more along the lines of 'meh, if it's cheap and I get a free game or two I'll think about it' levels.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Looking forward to Fire Emblem, that looks amazing, the idea of having genuinely important choices looks fascinating. But other than that my dear old 3DS looks to be going hungry for a while. Not a whole lot on the way, at least until I convince myself that the New 3DS XL is worth a purchase, and convince the wife not to shiv my in the crotch for 'wasting money'. Also, why in the name of Jesus' glowing sacred nutsack are DS games on the Wii U Virtual Console instead of the 3DS one? Don't tell me it's a processing power issue or something or I will have to headbutt you into a fine paste.

Naturally bitterly disappointed that yet again the 3DS VC has no SNES/GBA support. But I will concede that a couple of things made the Wii U look a tiny bit less lame. As in upgraded from 'not a chance in hell, get that shit out of my house' likelihood of purchase to more along the lines of 'meh, if it's cheap and I get a free game or two I'll think about it' levels.

Fire Emblem having meaningful choices basically doubles the replay value for me. Rather than playing it once or twice, I'll be playing it three or four times which ultimately is fantastic value.

Also the plot seems WAY better than Awakening. I recently finished Path of Radiance which had an awesome plot. The animations all seemed better too and I liked the mechanic I saw with the bridge thing.

soratheultima

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
AAAND nintendo actually got my money for those Virtual Console titles.. I remember telling myself IF THEY EVER ADD n64 games to the ESHOP i will buy them!

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country

I was puzzled by the DS thing too not being on the 3DS.

I think they're trying to push the gamepad's usefulness on the Wii U. If I didn't have a 3DS, I'd be happy as a Wii U owner that I could play DS games using my gamepad or N64 ones.

I think they're basically trying to give the Wii U a few pros... and theres no need to really add anything to the 3DS this moment in time since its won this generation on the handheld side of things COMFORTABLY.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I was puzzled by the DS thing too not being on the 3DS.

I think they're trying to push the gamepad's usefulness on the Wii U. If I didn't have a 3DS, I'd be happy as a Wii U owner that I could play DS games using my gamepad or N64 ones.

I think they're basically trying to give the Wii U a few pros... and theres no need to really add anything to the 3DS this moment in time since its won this generation on the handheld side of things COMFORTABLY.

To be fair the only competition for the handheld wars this generation was the Vita...I know one person with a Vita. Out of hundreds of people I've met on my travels, ONE has a Vita. Yeah, Nintendo kinda obliterated the handheld market but then that's basically tradition at this point, especially with games like Fire Emblem looking better every time I see them. This new one looks like it's got unbelievable replay value, though I do hope they haven't removed the child system to make room for it, that would be quite a misstep if you ask me.

It is a damn shame that the 3DS isn't getting much in the way of exciting stuff though. I'll probably download the new Pokemon Rumble, but only because it's free. Xenoblade makes me seriously consider the New 3DS upgrade but I for one couldn't give a flying rat's ass about Amiibo, I have enough junk kicking around my flat with my cuddly chocobo collection. Thing is, I have a rule that a console becomes worth my attention when it has at least 6 exclusives I can't wait to get my mitts on. Right now the N3DS has....one. It's a great one, but still a one. Was rather hoping to see more today that might have tipped the scales.

I did notice one thing though. Marth has always spoken Japanese, even in Smash Bros he's never said a word in English. But he clearly spoke English in the STEAM video. So...why the fuck doesn't he speak English in Smash? Just a thought. Glad Mewtwo is making a return, I remember his throws being stupidly OP back in Melee. Not fussed about Lucas.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Really surprised that DK64 managed to finally make an appearance on eShop even though I thought it was stuck in legal limbo with Rare.

Looks like Amiibos and updates/DLCs for existing games are pretty much the theme of this Direct. Definately enough to keep me happy until E3's Nintendo Direct.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land