Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got banned here aswelland as I called Nintendo they said my account was setup as a different region...
I don't believe Nintendo would ban someone for having an account that doesn't match the region of their console since the console is region-free. Also, may I kindly ask you to submit a ban report when you have the time?

Updated console while banned. That's normal?
Only a CDN banned console cannot perform system updates. If you can update the console despite being banned, that means you're not CDN banned. The reason you cannot perform game updates anymore might be because they are now restricted by soft bans.

Rabbid4240

i dont know
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only a CDN banned console cannot perform system updates. If you can update the console despite being banned, that means you're not CDN banned. The reason you cannot perform game updates anymore might be because they are now restricted by soft bans.
Ok now I'm confuse asf. I'm not cdn banned anymore?

Rabbid4240

i dont know
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You were never CDN banned. I already explained this previously. At first I thought you were CDN banned because the error code you saw when trying to update your games but it turns out that's not a CDN ban error code.
Besides not updating firmware what's the difference soft bans and cdn bans?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got banned here aswelland as I called Nintendo they said my account was setup as a different region...
Proof. Sorry, but I don't believe you one bit. Nintendo allows multiple accounts on a machine, and as already stated, the machine is region-free. I bought my Switch in Japan, and my main account is a U.S. account. I later decided I wanted something from the Japanese store, so I created another account, on the same Switch, that is connected to the Japanese e-shop. Both work perfectly well, with no ban

TechDark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Proof. Sorry, but I don't believe you one bit. Nintendo allows multiple accounts on a machine, and as already stated, the machine is region-free. I bought my Switch in Japan, and my main account is a U.S. account. I later decided I wanted something from the Japanese store, so I created another account, on the same Switch, that is connected to the Japanese e-shop. Both work perfectly well, with no ban
well the error stated 2124-4007 and as I called them, they said that the account e-mail was setup from a different region that it originally "should", later then i talked to the supervisor about it and he said the same thing

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the error stated 2124-4007 and as I called them, they said that the account e-mail was setup from a different region that it originally "should", later then i talked to the supervisor about it and he said the same thing
No, that isn't correct. It has ZERO to do with your region.

Error Code: 2124-4007
Applies to: Nintendo Switch

Description:
You are unable to connect to an online service and you receive the error code 2124-4007.

What to Do:
  • This error code indicates the Nintendo Switch console you are using has been permanently banned from connecting online due to a breach of the user agreements.
  • A breach of user agreements may include, but is not limited to, activities such as:

Did this person and "supervisor" perhaps have an Indian accent?

Last edited by urherenow,
D

Deleted User

Hello, I'm new here and I recently got a "Normal" ban about an hour ago. I didn't use the Switch for Cheating in games, Backing up games, or pirate them. I did however backup my NAND via ReiNX. I simply used it for emulation via Retroarch, I was on 6.0.0 when I got banned. After I got banned I updated to 6.0.1. I was using ReiNX version 1.7 and was Online at the time, I had one SD Card for Homebrew and the other for Regular Switch games, when I went to play Sonic Mania and update it I got the error: "2181-4008 The use of online services on this console is currently restricted by Nintendo." I was banned on the Nintendo Switch E-Shop and I am unable to update any of my games.

I posed the story on reddit on the "Switch Haxing" Forum and a user told me there is not a work around but, to report the problem here so you guys (Or Gals) can get an idea on how to solve the issue (Eventually)
To be 100% honest I don't even know what some of these mean (I'm sorta new to hacking but, I want to start learning how to make my own hacks.)

Here is my form:
Did you use/restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? N
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? N
If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time you were able to? A Week Ago
Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? Y
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? N
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
SX OS used? N
Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? IDK
Trimmed .XCI? N
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? N
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? N
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware) N/A - Never used "SX"
What do you use Non-TX LayeredFS for? Backups/Modding/Both/N
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-TX LayeredFS Inject? N
Played online w/ Non-TX Layered FS Injects? N
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? N
Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? N
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? N
Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? N
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? Y - Used ReiNX version 1.7
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW? N
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
AutoRCM? TX/Hekate/Both/Y via ReiNX
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? N
Did you install the exFAT update offline? N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? N
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? N
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? N
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? N
Console/Account Region(s) U.S.A
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? PC
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? Y - Via Jig

Thanks for reading this, I hope my info can really help you guys (Or Gals) out.

Reactions: Draxzelex

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm new here and I recently got a "Normal" ban about an hour ago. I didn't use the Switch for Cheating in games, Backing up games, or pirate them. I did however backup my NAND via ReiNX. I simply used it for emulation via Retroarch, I was on 6.0.0 when I got banned. After I got banned I updated to 6.0.1. I was using ReiNX version 1.7 and was Online at the time, I had one SD Card for Homebrew and the other for Regular Switch games, when I went to play Sonic Mania and update it I got the error: "2181-4008 The use of online services on this console is currently restricted by Nintendo." I was banned on the Nintendo Switch E-Shop and I am unable to update any of my games.

I posed the story on reddit on the "Switch Haxing" Forum and a user told me there is not a work around but, to report the problem here so you guys (Or Gals) can get an idea on how to solve the issue (Eventually)
To be 100% honest I don't even know what some of these mean (I'm sorta new to hacking but, I want to start learning how to make my own hacks.)

Here is my form:
Did you use/restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? N
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? N
If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time you were able to? A Week Ago
Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? Y
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? N
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
SX OS used? N
Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? IDK
Trimmed .XCI? N
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? N
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? N
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware) N/A - Never used "SX"
What do you use Non-TX LayeredFS for? Backups/Modding/Both/N
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-TX LayeredFS Inject? N
Played online w/ Non-TX Layered FS Injects? N
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? N
Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? N
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? N
Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? N
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? Y - Used ReiNX version 1.7
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW? N
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
AutoRCM? TX/Hekate/Both/Y via ReiNX
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? N
Did you install the exFAT update offline? N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? N
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? N
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? N
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? N
Console/Account Region(s) U.S.A
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? PC
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? Y - Via Jig

Thanks for reading this, I hope my info can really help you guys (Or Gals) out.

Was the game legit? Sonic Mania?

D

Deleted User

Was the game legit? Sonic Mania?
Yes, every Switch game I had was Legit. I don't have any Pirated games on my Switch. I just got board and took out my Homebrew SD Card and swapped in the Regular Nintendo Switch SD Card and decided to play it but, I wanted to check for updates and I got the error.
Although when I was playing Gouls N' Ghosts on Retroarch the Switch Crashed and told me to press the power button to shut off. When I shut it off I inserted the Regular Switch card in and booted it up fine.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, every Switch game I had was Legit. I don't have any Pirated games on my Switch. I just got board and took out my Homebrew SD Card and swapped in the Regular Nintendo Switch SD Card and decided to play it but, I wanted to check for updates and I got the error.
Although when I was playing Gouls N' Ghosts on Retroarch the Switch Crashed and told me to press the power button to shut off. When I shut it off I inserted the Regular Switch card in and booted it up fine.
This is very interesting for the testing purposes we got going on here, you basically got banned just for CFW alone D: it seems that on 6.0 you'll get banned for CFW alone!

P.S Welcome to the Temp!

D

Deleted User

This is very interesting for the testing purposes we got going on here, you basically got banned just for CFW alone D: it seems that on 6.0 you'll get banned for CFW alone!

P.S Welcome to the Temp!
Thanks! I really appreciate it. I hope you guys (or gals) can get a work around. I'm still gonna hold off buying a new Nintendo Switch, I wanna see if some kinda fix or work around will be made. This was the first time ever this happened to me so I was kinda shocked I got banned. I hacked My switch around 2 weeks ago and I had no ban, even when I updated to 6.0.0. Kinda, weird....

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I really appreciate it. I hope you guys (or gals) can get a work around. I'm still gonna hold off buying a new Nintendo Switch, I wanna see if some kinda fix or work around will be made. This was the first time ever this happened to me so I was kinda shocked I got banned. I hacked My switch around 2 weeks ago and I had no ban, even when I updated to 6.0.0. Kinda, weird....

I know, Nintendo its being RIDICULOUS, just ban people from Online nobody cares about online.. but system updates and game updates, game captures sharing on social media too? that's just low.

I was banned after I updated a fake .nsp, I know the feeling! im sorry.

Reactions: Deleted User

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmmm , how do i see if i got banned? got my switch last friday and got many game installed , through .nsp file using the dark side of the force , updated my switch to 6.0.1 because of my GF , redid the haxkz payload pushing , i can still update my game through nintendo server with no probleme(even game i dont really own) , i never linked my nintendo account to it so i guess i cant be banned? or am i understanding this wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.