Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In terms of safety, what is the difference between the clean-nand method in the "Best Way to Avoid Bans" section, versus a proper emunand? I saw someone say the emunand would be safer, but why is that?
Basically restoring a clean NAND means resetting your console to a pre-hacking state effectively tricking Nintendo into believing your console was never modified in the first place. The basis on EmuNAND is that you would separate all hacking and homebrew from legit play between the 2 NANDs, SysNAND and EmuNAND. Arguably it would be safer to go online with SysNAND than EmuNAND since Nintendo may be able to detect EmuNAND online. However the current EmuNAND implementation courtesy of SX OS runs from the NAND rather than the SD card meaning Nintendo can implement checks, if they haven't already, for it rendering it unsafe. There is currently no evidence of this but an EmuNAND ran from the SD card is safer than one ran from the NAND. When that comes out, I will update the Tab.

Neoninfinity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? N
If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time/date you were able to? 1st October 2018

Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? N

Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? Y
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? Y
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
SX OS used? N
Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? N
Trimmed .XCI? N
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? N
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? N
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? N
What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? N/A
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? N
Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? N
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? N
Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? N
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? N
Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? N
Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Y(only for choidujour)
Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? N
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
AutoRCM? Briccme using choidujour
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? Y
Did you install the exFAT update offline? Y
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? N
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? N
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N/A
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? Y
Console/Account Region(s) EUR
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? NXLOADER
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? N
If Banned, provide proof (video preferred)
Additional Comments

Reactions: Draxzelex

WonderBoom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Anybody able to confirm how risky it is right now on a 5.1.0 Switch with ReiNX to connect to the Ninty servers to grab updates for games and then disconnect again?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody able to confirm how risky it is right now on a 5.1.0 Switch with ReiNX to connect to the Ninty servers to grab updates for games and then disconnect again?
Unless you have a clean NAND backup that you can restore prior to going online, its pretty risky. In order to minimize the risk, you can try removing any fake tickets you have installed via the Ticket Management feature of Tinfoil.

naztar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
Hi i want to know is backing up my nand and restoring it befor going online is 100% garentide or it just reduce the risk of a ban
Thx
And sry for the bad gramer i have dyslexia

lufeig

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
100% safe, there's no way you'll get banned for that on 5.1.0

simply because you have to update first, I mean, you need to be on 6.0.1 to go online

Last edited by lufeig,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
100% safe, there's no way you'll get banned for that on 5.1.0

simply because you have to update first, I mean, you need to be on 6.0.1 to go online
You can still "go online" with a 5.1.0 switch (ie have it connect to the Nintendo servers), they'll just deny you access. Doesn't mean the console won't send telemetry if you connect to the internet, which is how you get caught.
So no not 100% safe, but pretty close to that if you are careful and stay offline before you restore nand

krkk123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can upgrade your firmware manually using the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX. More instructions can be found in the GBATemp thread.

My current Status:
I have my shipping confirmation for the SX Pro (Cant wait).
I have updated to 5.1 via ChoiDujourNX and did the GameCard (GC Prevent Update), per a video i seen.

My legend of zelda GC not recognizable, what can i do to play it?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My current Status:
I have my shipping confirmation for the SX Pro (Cant wait).
I have updated to 5.1 via ChoiDujourNX and did the GameCard (GC Prevent Update), per a video i seen.

My legend of zelda GC not recognizable, what can i do to play it?
Not sure why you did the prevent gc update when yours is already updated (sign of a horribly outdated and/or misleading video). The gamecart slot is updated once on firmware 4.0 so if you already updated to that firmware without the nogc patch, you know the story. Just undo the patch since its not protecting you from anything.

krkk123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why you did the prevent gc update when yours is already updated (sign of a horribly outdated and/or misleading video). The gamecart slot is updated once on firmware 4.0 so if you already updated to that firmware without the nogc patch, you know the story. Just undo the patch since its not protecting you from anything.

Thanks for the fast reply. How do i undo the patch sir?

krkk123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the fast reply. How do i undo the patch sir?

Ok, so i feel like a big noob here guys....
The hekate_fspatches_v3.bin launcher only gives me under Launch Config
Wouldn't it just involve undoing it however you applied? Just remove whatever you used to apply it.

I dont see that option to remove :(
When my Switch reboots, i have to use TegraRCMGUi to launch hekate_fspatches_v3.bin

From there i only have the following within Launch Configuration:
Stock Dangerous
PreventGCUPDATE

This is the video i used.
Big time lost here, dont want to jack anything up, but want to play my zelda lol. I was just trying to update the firmware to 5.1 so i can use my ExtFat 128GB SD, without burning any fuses.

Sorry for being a noob, any advice would be greatly appreciated sir.

PS i ma use Hekate - CTCaer mod v.3.2 on my SD card, just seen there is a 4.2, should i been using this one instead?

Last edited by krkk123,

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so i feel like a big noob here guys....
The hekate_fspatches_v3.bin launcher only gives me under Launch Config

I dont see that option to remove :(
When my Switch reboots, i have to use TegraRCMGUi to launch hekate_fspatches_v3.bin

From there i only have the following within Launch Configuration:
Stock Dangerous
PreventGCUPDATE

This is the video i used.
Big time lost here, dont want to jack anything up, but want to play my zelda lol. I was just trying to update the firmware to 5.1 so i can use my ExtFat 128GB SD, without burning any fuses.

Sorry for being a noob, any advice would be greatly appreciated sir.

PS i ma use Hekate - CTCaer mod v.3.2 on my SD card, just seen there is a 4.2, should i been using this one instead?
This is yet another reason why I don't trust video tutorials, especially those on YouTube. Backup the Nintendo folder (and possibly the Switch folder) and make a fresh start on your SD card. There's so many outdated files in that video that it would just be easier to start from scratch than fix them individually. Since you are using tomGER's SD files, you can follow a real guide such as this one: https://www.sdsetup.com/

krkk123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is yet another reason why I don't trust video tutorials, especially those on YouTube. Backup the Nintendo folder (and possibly the Switch folder) and make a fresh start on your SD card. There's so many outdated files in that video that it would just be easier to start from scratch than fix them individually. Since you are using tomGER's SD files, you can follow a real guide such as this one: https://www.sdsetup.com/

DraX, you the man!!

After using that web url and reloaded everything, it woks sooooooooo much better.

Dumb question: So i have all this extracted on my 32gb card, can i have a virgin 128Gb SD card, how do i get my nintendo switch to recongize it if it is booting off my 32gb card? Can i just copy all files from the 32gb card to the 128gb card, boot via rcm, then when nintendo see's it, does it not need to restart or format it first???

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DraX, you the man!!

After using that web url and reloaded everything, it woks sooooooooo much better.

Dumb question: So i have all this extracted on my 32gb card, can i have a virgin 128Gb SD card, how do i get my nintendo switch to recongize it if it is booting off my 32gb card? Can i just copy all files from the 32gb card to the 128gb card, boot via rcm, then when nintendo see's it, does it not need to restart or format it first???
Just copy the folder. Its not tied to the SD card, its tied to the console.

lufeig

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can still "go online" with a 5.1.0 switch (ie have it connect to the Nintendo servers), they'll just deny you access. Doesn't mean the console won't send telemetry if you connect to the internet, which is how you get caught.
So no not 100% safe, but pretty close to that if you are careful and stay offline before you restore nand
what i meant was that he wouldn't be able to update his games because to do that, he would need to be on the latest firmware.

but yeah, you're right and i'm sorry for giving wrong explanation!

thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Oh God no :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog: