Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i think i find that false as many dont admit to pirating games
If they just used some package, they might not even know that they used signature patches or specific configs.
Or they used homebrew nsp, and thought it's OK, because it's not piracy, while in reality it's even worse then game nsps.
There are many possibilities.

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they just used some package, they might not even know that they used signature patches or specific configs.
Or they used homebrew nsp, and thought it's OK, because it's not piracy, while in reality it's even worse then game nsps.
There are many possibilities.
still. vanilla atmosphere will never get you banned. No matter what. For those who sent in the reports for sure are lying their ass off because this thread and the site believe using atmosphere online will get you banned no matter what

Digitalcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Normally you don't get banned from starting cfw once, at least not with stock atmosphere.
You Probably had something like prodinfo blanking enabled for sysnand, or some weird system module or patches.

I'm using cfw for years now while going online exclusively in cfw, for some timen I even used sxos (with atmospheres creport), no ban on either of my switches.
Same for all the family and friends switches I helped to mod, all sysnand only cfw, not booting stock normally, always going online in cfw. But all of them use a clean atmosphere with only modules like Sys-dvr, and also nobody of them uses signature patches.
No blanking nothing, I've gone online before with SX OS back in the day several times by accident on sysnand and never got banned funny enough, however one time on atmosphere was enough for my dated old console, can already tell from that sentence alone that it's going to tilt so many people, so trigger warning, mind you I have done a lot of shit with it, anything BUT pirating video games, so miss me with that shit if you believe I did that, no sigpatch garbo either.

I've ran custom OS's on it, streamed windows games on it, ran homebrew, almost every thing you can do with it when switch modding started. So again, dunno what happened, maybe just shit luck, it's extremely hard to pinpoint what did the ban when the switch has been excessively used for many years on emunand.

Last edited by Digitalcat,

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No blanking nothing, I've gone online before with SX OS back in the day several times by accident on sysnand and never got banned funny enough, however one time on atmosphere was enough for my dated old console, can already tell from that sentence alone that it's going to tilt so many people, so trigger warning, mind you I have done a lot of shit with it, anything BUT pirating video games, so miss me with that shit if you believe I did that, no sigpatch garbo either.

I've ran custom OS's on it, streamed windows games on it, ran homebrew, almost every thing you can do with it when switch modding started. So again, dunno what happened, maybe just shit luck, it's extremely hard to pinpoint what did the ban when the switch has been excessively used for many years on emunand.
Custom osses like Android and Linux are 100% unable to ban you, since they don't touch the switches os partitions, unless you explicitly mount them and touch them yourself, so this can be rules out.
Most bans are also not instantly, so often there are days or even weeks in between getting flagged and getting banned. So this makes exact pinpointing of the cause also hard in most cases.
Especially since there are multiple things in the complex often suggested setup that can go wrong. Since even when both nands are clean, connecting to the internet by accident on the emunand, while normally going online in stock sysnand can result in a ban from the mismatch in the logs send to Nintendo.
For the same reason restoring a nand backup or clearing the logs can get one banned.
Another thing I often mention that get one banned very fast, is installing homebrew to the home menu. Running them very much flags the switches via the invalid titleid in the play history.
Some people also use game icon changers, which might not be safe, where people use a donor game, and then replace its icon and Metadata, while letting it boot homebrew. Some of this information might be send to nintendo too, resulting in mismatches between the real Metadata and what nintendo expects.
For quite a while even causing a fatal error from homebrew could cause a ban, but thats not the case anymore, because at some point atmosphere reimplemented the fatal system module. Now those logs are stored on the SD, and never send to nintendo.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i find that false as many dont admit to pirating games
Lying is a two way street. If you want to accuse one group of people of doing something they didn't, then I reserve the right to accuse people of not being banned for hiding the fact that they are banned. Its a baseless accusation.

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lying is a two way street. If you want to accuse one group of people of doing something they didn't, then I reserve the right to accuse people of not being banned for hiding the fact that they are banned. Its a baseless accusation.
you may be the OP but there is still some inaccuracy in the data. of course its best to trust the information coming from the official Atmosphere discord server as they have more experience with this topic than a bunch of random people sending in data to a gbatemp thread

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you may be the OP but there is still some inaccuracy in the data. of course its best to trust the information coming from the official Atmosphere discord server as they have more experience with this topic than a bunch of random people sending in data to a gbatemp thread
I fail to see why I or everyone else should automatically treat ReSwitched as gospel when it comes to Switch bans. Yes, they are very knowledgeable about the hardware but that information alone cannot be applied to bans as its Nintendo, not ReSwitched, who decide who gets banned. Furthermore, ReSwitched have been wrong in the past namely the modchips that TX produced for patched consoles so I'd treat their information on par with the community not greater.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fail to see why I or everyone else should automatically treat ReSwitched as gospel when it comes to Switch bans. Yes, they are very knowledgeable about the hardware but that information alone cannot be applied to bans as its Nintendo, not ReSwitched, who decide who gets banned. Furthermore, ReSwitched have been wrong in the past namely the modchips that TX produced for patched consoles so I'd treat their information on par with the community not greater.
when it comes to bans realistically all anybody can do is guess nobody other than Nintendo can ever truly know

Reactions: binkinator

Cygis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been banned for modifying Pokémon save files (not including illegal Pokemon)? I know people have been banned for Splatoon 2 and New Horizons for example but I’m not too sure about the Pokémon games. I’m mainly just curious if it’s worth doing it on my Sysnand since I’d need internet for Pokémon Home if I want to store my Pokémon

Homlet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tons of people, me included, connect to Nintendo's servers while in CFW. Those people do not get banned. Why would Nintendo ban a couple who use CFW on sysnand (seemingly at random) while leaving letting tens, maybe of hundreds, of thousands go unbanned?
That's occam's razor at finest, Nintendo doesn't ban for using CFW. The console hacking community is full of people who do not take the time to learn the process. What is likely is that people don't know they're pirating on sysnand, don't know they have to setup 90dns each time they connect to a new network, don't know a switch in airplane mode will connect to the internet when docked with ethernet, don't know nsp forwarders can ban you etc.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tons of people, me included, connect to Nintendo's servers while in CFW. Those people do not get banned. Why would Nintendo ban a couple who use CFW on sysnand (seemingly at random) while leaving letting tens, maybe of hundreds, of thousands go unbanned?
That's occam's razor at finest, Nintendo doesn't ban for using CFW. The console hacking community is full of people who do not take the time to learn the process. What is likely is that people don't know they're pirating on sysnand, don't know they have to setup 90dns each time they connect to a new network, don't know a switch in airplane mode will connect to the internet when docked with ethernet, don't know nsp forwarders can ban you etc.
You're quite literally contradicting yourself. That is not how Occam's Razor works at all. Occam's Razor assumes the least amount of assumptions and you just made an assumption on what these users may or may not have did. If you were truly citing Occam's Razor, then you wouldn't have to assume that there were activities these users report. In the case of Occam's Razor, its easier to accept that someone is telling the truth rather than lying or withholding information.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo uses these crazy thing called ban waves. nobody should ever assume they are safe if they ever connected to Nintendo servers while using cfw. through the years of gaming I've always seen this blind confidence and then people shocked when they find out they got banned while doing what they ASSUMED was safe.

Reactions: binkinator

Homlet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You're quite literally contradicting yourself. That is not how Occam's Razor works at all. Occam's Razor assumes the least amount of assumptions and you just made an assumption on what these users may or may not have did. If you were truly citing Occam's Razor, then you wouldn't have to assume that there were activities these users report. In the case of Occam's Razor, its easier to accept that someone is telling the truth rather than lying or withholding information.
What is more likely, that Nintendo bans a handful of people at random, or that people don't know how a hacked switch works? People on this very website prove daily they don't understand how their system works or what they are doing to it. Hell, even *you* are guilty of it, I've seen you tell people on multiple occasions to wipe their sd card when they had the slightest problem with their setup.
Your assumption is that "Nintendo may ban you no matter what you do, despite no tangible proof", it's fringing conspiracy theory tbh

Nintendo uses these crazy thing called ban waves. nobody should ever assume they are safe if they ever connected to Nintendo servers while using cfw. through the years of gaming I've always seen this blind confidence and then people shocked when they find out they got banned while doing what they ASSUMED was safe.
If you survived multiple ban waves, wouldn't you assume you're not banned?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is more likely, that Nintendo bans a handful of people at random, or that people don't know how a hacked switch works? People on this very website prove daily they don't understand how their system works or what they are doing to it. Hell, even *you* are guilty of it, I've seen you tell people on multiple occasions to wipe their sd card when they had the slightest problem with their setup.
Your assumption is that "Nintendo may ban you no matter what you do, despite no tangible proof", it's fringing conspiracy theory tbh
That isn't even a question worth entertaining. Neither option is exclusive of the other. Nintendo can ban people randomly while users don't know how a hacked system works. The problem here is you do not have any evidence to disprove the data I have in my spreadsheet. You're just relying on the chance that they are wrong meaning its an assumption therefore Occam's Razor favors my data. Unless you have concrete evidence that people have outright lied in my spreadsheet or have a larger sample size, then your counterarguments amount to nothing.

Homlet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That isn't even a question worth entertaining. Neither option is exclusive of the other. Nintendo can ban people randomly while users don't know how a hacked system works. The problem here is you do not have any evidence to disprove the data I have in my spreadsheet. You're just relying on the chance that they are wrong meaning its an assumption therefore Occam's Razor favors my data. Unless you have concrete evidence that people have outright lied in my spreadsheet or have a larger sample size, then your counterarguments amount to nothing.
yeah I do have a large sample size, everyone using Atmosphere yet the issue tracker isn't filled with people complaining about bans https://tooomm.github.io/github-release-stats/?username=Atmosphere-NX&repository=Atmosphere. Out of the hundreds of thousands of users, a large number of them go online just fine. Meanwhile you have what? A couple of gbatemp users saying they swear they didn't overlook a thing?
Why didn't Nintendo ban me, why didn't Nintendo ban Scires? Why don't they ban people who understand the difference between sysnand and emunand? Nintendo bans every single pirate they catch, so wouldn't it make more sense that the people who totally didn't pirate actually did connect to Nintendo's servers with pirated titles?

You think there is a guy whose job is to pick out a user who they somehow detected uses CFW and roll the dice on whether to ban him?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I do have a large sample size, everyone using Atmosphere yet the issue tracker isn't filled with people complaining about bans https://tooomm.github.io/github-release-stats/?username=Atmosphere-NX&repository=Atmosphere. Out of the hundreds of thousands of users, a large number of them go online just fine. Meanwhile you have what? A couple of gbatemp users saying they swear they didn't overlook a thing?
Why didn't Nintendo ban me, why didn't Nintendo ban Scires? Why don't they ban people who understand the difference between sysnand and emunand? Nintendo bans every single pirate they catch, so wouldn't it make more sense that the people who totally didn't pirate actually did connect to Nintendo's servers with pirated titles?

You think there is a guy whose job is to pick out a user who they somehow detected uses CFW and roll the dice on whether to ban him?
Now you just sound like a TX representative using other numbers to inflate the actual situation. Just because TX had a million downloads doesn't mean that's how many they sold. In a similar vein, the number of downloads on the Atmosphere repo doesn't reflect every single unbanned user. Only a small fraction of users report bans. Many people just don't care to report them. And why would you file an issue about a ban on Atmosphere's repo? Its not necessarily Atmosphere's fault that you got banned; its Nintendo's. They also have not banned every single pirate. There are plenty of people who have pirated but are not banned if you checked the spreadhsheet for a single second. I also don't have to tell you if I think there is a guy who just handpicks who to ban or not. My job is to simply report on the data that I collect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....