Homebrew Question nintendo switch demo mode

OgroGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi guys
@emer1310 Can you indicate how you fixed it or indicate in which discord they helped you?

@abcdefgweb
where are you from man?
I have one a stored 1 year ago in the same conditions
Try a couple of things without success long ago

ish08kaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran into this thread. I have a working nintendo switch demo unit. Any Idea on how to update to what the stores have now?

repoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I have a kiosk unit that had received the update but fortunately the previous owner had a nand backup so I was able to flash the backup but will only start if I push a payload to it. Is there anyway to put this back to the way it was prior? I mean start without pushing the payload.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I have a kiosk unit that had received the update but fortunately the previous owner had a nand backup so I was able to flash the backup but will only start if I push a payload to it. Is there anyway to put this back to the way it was prior? I mean start without pushing the payload.
Fuses were likely burnt.
You’d need to install the latest firmware and maybe the latest version of the Quest software.
You could try connecting it to ethernet and letting it do the updating normally I guess, it should work if it isn’t banned.

emer1310

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
could you be more specific how you fix it?, Im on the same as you.
did you format the console? how make it works again?
reinx does not work anymore, I installed atmosphere that a guy send me in private. Maybe you could contact him. I will send yu the nickname

Ddjdfw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i have the same problem, is any way you can send me the atmosphere patch for or help me out here, thanks.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
diff --git a/libraries/libexosphere/source/fuse/fuse_api.cpp b/libraries/libexosphere/source/fuse/fuse_api.cpp
index 17e4b256..0236d2f8 100644
--- a/libraries/libexosphere/source/fuse/fuse_api.cpp
+++ b/libraries/libexosphere/source/fuse/fuse_api.cpp
@@ -340,7 +340,8 @@ namespace ams::fuse {
     }

QuestState GetQuestState() {
-        return static_cast<QuestState>(util::BitPack32{GetCommonOdmWord(4)}.Get<OdmWord4::QuestState>());
+        //return static_cast<QuestState>(util::BitPack32{GetCommonOdmWord(4)}.Get<OdmWord4::QuestState>());
+        return QuestState_Disabled;
     }

pmic::Regulator GetRegulator() {
Or I've attached a pre-made build to this post.

Attachments

• atmosphere-0.14.1-master-d3014f6e-dirty.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 234
Reactions: Ddjdfw

Ddjdfw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i have a new question about quest or kiosk unit, one of my units is a patched kiosk unit and i was wondering if i can get the files to boot the OFW, ?? I know that is a SD file loaded at the time of boot... i formatted this one and i can not longer use it.. any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i have a new question about quest or kiosk unit, one of my units is a patched kiosk unit and i was wondering if i can get the files to boot the OFW, ?? I know that is a SD file loaded at the time of boot... i formatted this one and i can not longer use it.. any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
You'd need a gamecard with a title called QCIT (Quest Content Installer Tool) on it.
If you obtain one, put it in the system and it should boot to it and install RIDM and some demos.

Reactions: Ddjdfw

Ddjdfw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks a million, the guy that sold me this unit mentioned something about that, but is super i keep asking and not a single soul know anything about this card, if u know how to get one pls let me know. thank for all your help, i'm super great full.

Ddjdfw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone patch the new Atmosphere 14.4 for the kiosk unit i keep getting the same error after i run the patch myself after update 10.2.0

Last edited by Ddjdfw,

danfletch01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have received a Quest Unit (kiosk), please do not attempt to enter RCM or reset the unit. You will not be able to play online with it, due to special server settings registered to its serial, and it is limited to 4.1.0. OTA updates will not work.

Getting out of RIDM (Retail Interactive Display Menu) is not hard, (and using Qlaunch instead) but you should not attempt this yet.

Will discuss the implications of this in DMs with you, as the process requires special care.
Could you please tell me how to do this as well. I work for target and they were throwing away our in store demo nintendo switches so i grabbed them. I have not been able to get into the home screen or anything. when powered on, one of them says "could not start the software" and on the other one it says "prepare process data integrity check". they are both conected to wifi and updated. any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

gawdlikenick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have received a Quest Unit (kiosk), please do not attempt to enter RCM or reset the unit. You will not be able to play online with it, due to special server settings registered to its serial, and it is limited to 4.1.0. OTA updates will not work.

Getting out of RIDM (Retail Interactive Display Menu) is not hard, (and using Qlaunch instead) but you should not attempt this yet.

Will discuss the implications of this in DMs with you, as the process requires special care.
can You help me out with the same thing please ?

oledswitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a couple switches on demo mode new from dis[plays that are no longer. so what can i do with these cause i bricked one and have i think 5 left

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i got a couple switches on demo mode new from dis[plays that are no longer. so what can i do with these cause i bricked one and have i think 5 left
If they're unpatched Erista, you can boot modified Atmosphere via fusee gelee, and use them as normal. If they're patched/Mariko/OLED, you'd need a modchip installed to do the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: You need better couch potatoes la +1