Hardware Nintendo Switch Fan Uses Full Power

XxShalevElimelechxX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I have a problem with my hacked switch: When I turned it on today the fan went berserk and spinned with full power.
I've already replaced the fan with one from a donor switch and no dice, maybe a resistor went bad idk.
Can someone give me a direction on where to check? I consider myself a hobbyist and despite the fact that I solder good when it comes to finding malfunctioning components I'm usually pretty bad, thanks!

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem with my hacked switch: When I turned it on today the fan went berserk and spinned with full power.
I've already replaced the fan with one from a donor switch and no dice, maybe a resistor went bad idk.
Can someone give me a direction on where to check? I consider myself a hobbyist and despite the fact that I solder good when it comes to finding malfunctioning components I'm usually pretty bad, thanks!

I'll DM my Discord and we'll both look into the issue, I just woke up rn so I'll have to help in a while.

WarSpaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Maybe the thermals are high and therefore it goes crazy? Remove heatsink and apply new thermal paste might work

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A6003 via Tapatalk

XxShalevElimelechxX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Maybe the thermals are high and therefore it goes crazy? Remove heatsink and apply new thermal paste might work

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A6003 via Tapatalk
Nope, replaced the shitty thermal paste with arctic mx-4 and removed the copper sheet, so the heatsink is connected to the die.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Please click all suspicious links sent your email