Nintendo Switch gets unofficial Android 10 support from SwitchRoot

android 10 on nintendo switch.png

The SwitchRoot team has successfully ported Android 10 to the Nintendo Switch. This build is based on the LineageOS 17.1 for NVIDIA Shield TV which, compared to previous releases, is faster, more responsive and includes new features such as deep sleep and an Android TV build. This release is also available in two versions where the 'Tablet' build works best in portable mode and supports the full Android app library, and the 'Android TV' build supports both docked and portable modes for media but may not support all apps and games.

An official changelog for this release can be found below:

• Android 10 based on Lineage 17.1
  • OTA updates.
  • Full Joy-Con and Pro Controller support with analog sticks and rails.
  • Hori Joy-Con support.
  • Deep sleep that can last for weeks.
  • An Android TV based build.
  • Reworked fan profiles for quieter operation.
  • Optimised dock support with resolution scaling.
  • A rewritten charger driver supporting USB-PD and third party docks.
  • Optimised touch screen driver.
  • Easier install via hekate partition tool.
  • Reworked, simpler, power profiles.
  • Much improved WiFi driver with less dropouts.
  • Shield TV remote app support for easy docked control.
  • Reboot to payload support.
  • Improved Bluetooth accessory support.
  • Auto rotation support.

Additionally, there are a couple of known bugs which the SwitchRoot team shared:

• Shield games are broken, DO NOT BUY THEM.
  • Sleep may not work on a small proportion of devices, you can flash the alarm disable zip to try and mitigate this.
  • BT audio might stutter on some headphones.
  • You might need to reboot for Bluetooth to work on a small proportion of devices.
  • Default keyboard can't be used with a controller.
  • Some apps don't like the Joy-Con D-Pad.

SwitchRoot member bylaws posted a complete installation guide, with download links and tips over on XDA and is linked below.

:download: Android 10 Nintendo Switch Installation Guide

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is old thread but I hope it is okay to comment here. Are they still working on it to improvement further?

vaugerbird

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is old thread but I hope it is okay to comment here. Are they still working on it to improvement further?

It says in the Discord that they are working on an Android 11 build and will make some changes to the 11 build to bring it up to Android 12. Long story short, yes they are making improvements but have not released any updates yet.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says in the Discord that they are working on an Android 11 build and will make some changes to the 11 build to bring it up to Android 12. Long story short, yes they are making improvements but have not released any updates yet.

That's very exciting. Thank you! I have discord. Can I have an invitation? I love to watch the update ongoing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...