Hardware Nintendo Switch painful launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

"Oh man no THEY were using it wrong"
"It's not nintendo's fault"

It's not Nintendo's fault when a system fucking REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEs at you? Alright.

Those were just defects. But it is Nintendo's fault.

Reactions: Imacaredformy2ds

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know about you, but most of LCD/IPS compagnies have a "dead pixel number worth of returning", of course you can afraid the resselers if he don't know that but on most LCD/IPS equipement, if you don't have like 3 or 4 dead pixel, you won't get shit returned.

I don't think anybody is understanding me, brick&mortar stores and even Amazon have 30days return policies by law, if I find ANY defect or I'm just not happy with the quality of the product I will return it.
I don't care if it's LCD manufacturers, Nintendo or the fucking Pope, I've driven 4 hours to return a package and I will personally go to your store and throw the package trough your fucking window if I have to

Last edited by Zeriel,

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think anybody is understanding me, brick&mortar stores and even Amazon have 30days return policies by law, if I find ANY defect or I'm just not happy with the quality of the product I will return it.
I don't care if it's LCD manufacturers, Nintendo or the fucking Pope, I've driven 4 hours to return a package and I will personally go to your store and throw the package trough your fucking window if I have to
It doesnt have to do with "if you have dead pixels" then, it's mandatory, here in france if you buy anything on the internet, you can return it within 30days, BUT, stores are not under that, because you can inspoect you bought directly ect, what you don't understand is the difference between return policy, and online purchasing.
And i assume that most of country do have the same policy, you can't return screen product under 4 dead pixel after a really short time if you bought it in store, when you buy a TV, you HAVE to ask them to plug it to try it, if you see a dead pixel, go on, they won't bother changing it, but go to your housen see one after a month, they won't bother, see 4-5 dead pixel under waranty, they will change it.

It's simple and SONY did knew about his PSP dead pixels at launch also, thats why they specificly said "no return under 3 or 4 dead pixels" (i don't remember the number, but the PSP had a shitload of dead pixels at lauch, so was the DS Lite).
That's a sensitive domain, dead pixels, because when you buy something with a screen, the manufacturer always sell it with " with assurance of less than 4-5 dead pixles", it's like condoms, they sell it as it is, with a 99% of chance it won't break, if it break, you can't sue the condom manufacturer, because when you bought it, you signed for it.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

That sense of entitlement though.. Holy hell.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sense of entitlement though.. Holy hell.
I see bombast but not entitlement. If you can accept dead pixels that's great. Many of us do not accept dead pixels as normal and are not willing to spend our money on such a device.

Reactions: Zeriel

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
@Memoir
lol it's not entitlement when it's the fucking LAW
learn how the world works before spewing dumb shit like that

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I see bombast but not entitlement. If you can accept dead pixels that's great. Many of us do not accept dead pixels as normal and are not willing to spend our money on such a device.

Thanks I can be over the top sometimes but I don't like being given shit and I don't give shit to anyone if it's not deserved.

I work hard for the little money I make and I wouldn't keep a defective Item because my fav company made it

Last edited by Zeriel,
Reactions: thorasgar

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the kind of advice that can make failure a self fulfilling prophecy. No one bought it because they thought it would fail, it failed because no one bought it. The thing is there has to be early adopters, there will always be defects at the beginning but if no one buys it then the chances of them being found goes down dramatically which means they'll never get fixed. There would also be a lot less of an incentive to fix any problems that are found, why fix something when no one is going to buy it in the end anyways?
It's an ideal policy, One that serves the consumer and not the company. If a company wants sales they should sell a product that doesn't need "fixing" within the first week.

Last edited by Daggot,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

If you're like me, you take care of it then it won't get damaged or end up with lots of errors. I haven't even gotten around updating my Switch or Zelda and they work without any problems.

My screen protector will be here SOON™. :)

rich04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
i m scared, but because it have no games !!! and i not wanna play remakes ou upscaled games, is boring...

Last edited by rich04,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's an ideal policy, One that serves the consumer and not the company. If a company wants sales they should sell a product that doesn't need "fixing" within the first week.
but if no one buys it the first week, how will anyone know if there is or isn't problems. Early adopters have to exist.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

i m scared, but because it have no games !!! and i not need to play remakes ou upscaled games, is boring...
Zelda BotW isn't upscaled, it was developed at a higher resolution and with higher visuals than the WiiU version.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
People, enough. I know who the bad guy is... all of the consoles have a common maker.... Foxconn. Foxconn creates all the issues! Everything starting with "Fox" is apparently evil!

Reactions: thorasgar

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
People, enough. I know who the bad guy is... all of the consoles have a common maker.... Foxconn. Foxconn creates all the issues! Everything starting with "Fox" is apparently evil!

Not to mention they enslave children in China so big corporations can increase all their profits and some of them don't even pass any savings along to the consumers like Ninendo's 90$ 90% plastic dock :(

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Not to mention they enslave children in China so big corporations can increase all their profits and some of them don't even pass any savings along to the consumers like Ninendo's 90$ 90% plastic dock :(
And that's just one of the things Foxconn doesn't want people to know about until they change all their workforce to robots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong