Votes: 67 45.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no supply of physical copies for the original nes zelda. Used copies have nothing to do with nintendo and do not set the price, especially since the actual carts sell for way more than $10. Charging $10 for a digital download of a 20+ year old game is rediculous. If u think its a fair price, u are entitled to your opinion, but the words "digital supply," what even is that? There is no limit to digital copies... what "supply?" Nintendo doesn't have a market for physical copies of NES games either, thats 100% used copies and collectables. This is not supply and demand, Nintendo simply decides what they want their price to be and that's that. Notice how the price of VC NES titles hasn't gone down at all? Or up, for that matter. Plus, how do you know enough people are buying it to warrent any price? Do you have Nintendo's sales figures handy?
Take a class on economics and maybe you'll learn how money and pricing works.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take a class on economics and maybe you'll learn how money and pricing works.
Lmao, ok Dr. Money. Thanks for the lesson. It's clear that this discussion is going nowhere. You believe what you want and I shall do the same. You can pay as much as you'd like for a game older than most people on this forum, but I feel that the asking price is waaaay too high for most of Nintendo's old IP. I will continue to pirate those ROMs just like everyone else with any sense of value.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://imgur.com/DmiAgrh

Yep, what an impressive lineup. Nothing except Zelda and 1 2 Switch is confirmed for launch day yet AFAIK so that part of the image might be incorrect.

Then maybe hold off and don't get one at launch or, better yet, maybe you shouldn't get one at all :rolleyes: Wait. People need to wait to find out more info as time goes on, cool your jets XD People need to calm down and wait for more info in the near future, sheesh.

Zorua

I'm not a furry.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then maybe hold off and don't get one at launch or, better yet, maybe you shouldn't get one at all :rolleyes: Wait. People need to wait to find out more info as time goes on, cool your jets XD People need to calm down and wait for more info in the near future, sheesh.

Well I'll be completely honest. I'm just venting because I was extremely disappointed. After the whole tablet specs debacle I was hoping against hope that they'd come up with an amazing launch line up to prove everyone wrong, but clearly that hasn't happened. Nintendo seems to be following a very backward corporate strategy where they see how the hardware's doing before investing in software. The 3DS almost failed (saved by the ambassador program and price cuts) because of it and we all know what happened to the Wii U.

Honestly I hope the console takes off and that they have a decent lineup by Holiday 2017. I really want to get one but I can't justify spending $300 on it in its current state. I personally think launching it now was a rather bad idea.

Last edited by Zorua,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'll be completely honest. I'm just venting because I was extremely disappointed. After the whole tablet specs debacle I was hoping against hope that they'd come up with an amazing launch line up to prove everyone wrong, but clearly that hasn't happened. Nintendo seems to following a very backward corporate strategy where they see how the hardware's doing before investing in software. The 3DS almost failed (saved by the ambassador program and price cuts) because of it and we all know what happened to the Wii U.

Honestly I hope the console takes off and that they have a decent lineup by Holiday 2017. I really want to get one but I can't justify spending $300 on it in its current state. I personally think launching it now was a rather bad idea.

So if that's the case, people just need to cool down and wait for more info to be released as time goes on, and not being quick to judge. Is that asking too much? *Shrug*

Zorua

I'm not a furry.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if that's the case, people just need to cool down and wait for more info to be released as time goes on, and not being quick to judge. Is that asking too much? *Shrug*

Quick to judge? Hardly. The console's out less than two months from now and the only real advertising they've done is through a badly translated Japanese stream. We already know what the launch lineup and pricing looks like, what more do you want people to wait for before judging it?

If we were a year away from release I'd completely agree with you but it's out 49 days from today.

Last edited by Zorua,

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll just get the console, but a few games for it, and not update it (excluding the day 1 patch). I'm not going to pay for the online experience, or play with anyone else...

...so what's the point of this question again?

Scott Pilgrim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will buy games but I want "piracy" because that almost always means "homebrew".
And I want to play uncensored games or with japanese voices without having to export them from Japan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Your late, joke is over. We talking about pc hamsters now.