Nintendo unveils new account system

1494783002316161826.png

Today Nintendo have unveiled a new account system that links smartphones with PCs and Nintendo hardware.
Users will be able to create a Nintendo Account using Google Plus, facebook, Nintendo Network ID, twitter or email.

The service will allow friends lists and your character and game data will be be stored on the Lakitu cloud for easy access on all devices.

1494783002362175010.png 1494783002411361058.png 1494783002484267810.png

:arrow:Source

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wait, does that say theme park? Are we gonna be able to sign in when visiting their theme parks? Or are the theme parks gonna lock us out due to region mismatch?

I was also wondering about the ID use for Theme Parks ...what they would do with it? ...maybe upload achievements and Miis to your Nintendo consoles? ...Who knows

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does this mean we'll be able to download Virtual Console and eShop games on both 3DS and Wii U without any additional charge? Probably not since Nintendo has said the NX will do that. I would love some SNES and GBA games on my New 3DS I just got last Friday, though. I had just transferred all my Virtual Console and eShop data from my old 3DS to my New 3DS. At least I can get Xenoblade Chronicles 3D now!

Last edited by 03bgood,

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Once again, as long as the system is available EVERYWHERE, instead of excluding selected countries for absolutely no reason, I'm fine with it.
Best one was that Smash Bros Mewtwo, they promised it free if owning both copies (don't even remember club nintendo mentioned in first direct it was advertised) even if I did get both games around launch, both digitally from same NNID, I didn't get mewtwo DLC, because Club Nintendo. So they most certainly know I own both games personally and will forever because digital, but still because of their awful systems and decisions, would need to put down money to get that.

jsa

Trophies
Website
muffinti.me
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Meh, I don't see why everyone's getting so worked up about the social network connection thing. In my capacity as a web dev it really just looks like you're being ALLOWED to connect a Facebook/Twitter/G+/whatever else account to login and probably use some new social feature. (Probably automatically adding Miiverse posts to your Facebook or something).

Nintendo have been gearing up for this for ages. NNID's been using OAuth when you login with one on the web for ages now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He could make so much money!!! His arm would never get tired lol
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    How are yall doing
    +2
  • VXNlcm5hbWU @ VXNlcm5hbWU:
    Just had a pure banger of a sandwich there, was very nice
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what do you call a dog with no legs?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    A hot dog?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    doesn't matter what you call it, it won't come
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm having mince beef burgers with flat cheese and tomato sauce.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: