Hardware Nintendo3DSLL (XL)

fahsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The XL is tempting to me. I haven't bought a 3DS, because I was 99% sure Nintendo would announce a new model within 18 months. The $200 price tag is a little high for me, & I'm going to wait until its confirmed flash carts work on it, or are developed for it. Also, minor gripe, but the three colors released are quite unaesthetic. The matte finish is a huge improvement over the super-shiny fingerprint magnet finish, but in those colors, its generic.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to wait until its confirmed flash carts work on it, or are developed for it.
I see no reason current flash carts wouldn't work. DS-mode game cart compatibility has to be achieved somehow and that's how flash carts ride along. If there was some major magical way of stopping flash carts (like how the DSi did) they would have used it in the 3DS already.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I do not know if this had been posted about the power adapter yet or not but here is a quote from
DESTRUCTOID "A Nintendo of America representative contacted Destructoid for some damage control on this issue, telling us that the North American 3DS XL will ship with a power adapter. Nintendo of Japan (and Europe) are doing their own thing by cutting the power adapter as a money-saving measure, but that won't affect us here."

I can understand the price difference now.

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
3DS XL - 1:1 pixel mode on DS games
Does it means that how the DS games looks on the 3DS XL will be the same as how DS games looks on the DSi XL?

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I do not know if this had been posted about the power adapter yet or not but here is a quote from
DESTRUCTOID "A Nintendo of America representative contacted Destructoid for some damage control on this issue, telling us that the North American 3DS XL will ship with a power adapter. Nintendo of Japan (and Europe) are doing their own thing by cutting the power adapter as a money-saving measure, but that won't affect us here."

I can understand the price difference now.

The world's most expensive power adapter? :)

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 3 people

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm already used to companies releasing new devices and ripping people off. I am used to it because I have an Android and I follow its news, the best Android phone gets beat by a new phone in about 2-4 weeks.

Reactions: 1 person

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm already used to companies releasing new devices and ripping people off. I am used to it because I [strike]have an Android and I follow its news, the best Android phone gets beat by a new phone in about 2-4 weeks.[/strike]deal with any sort of computer technology.

Reactions: 4 people

Hanks6

Trophies
XP
Country
i think the screen is a little too big, but i understand they wanted to supersize it to make it look like true alternative, sideways revision. personally i could forsake at least 10-20% of that screen expansion for further improved battery life. it's still on the low end for what i want out of a portable device.

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt0b6UfEX5E&feature=player_embedded#!

Watch that. I couldn't have said it any better.

They said they weren't going to make any revisions to the 3DS. This isn't a revision. It's the same product, just different. Not bettter, just different. (He has some other great points too).

He is very very very... very correct, but I'm still dissatisfied with nintendo. Oh well; hopefully what ever line of consoles/systems succeed the 3DS will come to us sporting dual sliders and be fully backwards compatable with 3DS games. Then maybe I'll get one and delve into that generation of games and the 3DS games I missed out on because I was holding out for a 3DS with dual sliders.

I'm not so much pissed and outraged; just more disappointed because I was riding such a hope that nintendo would make the 3DS avec dualSliders move.

xxteargodxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will not be buying a 3DS XL as I already own a 3DS. Not to mention I personally think the 3DS XL looks like a cheap plastic clone rip off. A bigger screen is not enough for me to plunk down another $200 bucks on a system which is practically identical to one I already own. So it has better battery life? Big deal I have a Nyko Power Grip which triples the battery life. And then there's the Nyko Power Grip Pro coming in October which will not only triple the battery life it will give a second circle pad!

Reactions: 2 people

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I might buy it. I love my DSi XL, and although I'm currently short on money, I have been planning to get a 3DS for a while now.
As mentioned in another thread, this revision is a good thing becuase the 3DS's price should tank when this is released.
It's not going to. This isn't a revision, it's an alternative.
It's like saying that because a laptop company decided to announce a 15" laptop with the same specs as their 13", then the 13" laptop's price would drop. FYI, the DSi's price didn't drop when the DSi XL came out.

@anybody planning to complain about the picture quality of the screen: The pixels on the 3DS XL are (slightly) smaller than those on the DS lite and DSi. It's not going to be terribly pixelated.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I might. I love my DSi XL, and although I'm currently short on money, I have been planning to get a 3DS for a while now.
As mentioned in another thread, this revision is a good thing becuase the 3DS's price should tank when this is released.
It's like saying that because a laptop company decided to announce a 15" laptop with the same specs as their 13", then the 13" laptop's price would drop. FYI, the DSi's price didn't drop when the DSi XL came out.

Maybe not new, but second hand prices should drop a fair amount as the market gets flooded with people wanting to sell and upgrade.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I might. I love my DSi XL, and although I'm currently short on money, I have been planning to get a 3DS for a while now.

Maybe not new, but second hand prices should drop a fair amount as the market gets flooded with people wanting to sell and upgrade.
That's why I listed mine on craigslist the second Iwata announced the thing.
Already got it sold, and I actually made a profit.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
That's why I listed mine on craigslist the second Iwata announced the thing.
Already got it sold, and I actually made a profit.
You're a stronger man than I. Doesn't it not come out till August? I wouldn't be able to last that long without a 3DS! :wacko:
Frankly, there's nothing I want for the 3DS right now. Mid August will be when the releases really start coming anyway. I'll only be missing... I think Kingdom Hearts, and even for that, only by half a month.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is the kind of product I'd get from day one if it was released the same time as the original 3DS!
Now that I have a ambassador 3DS, with Power Pak+, this release does not look that good!
I'll wait untill they release a XL with a 2nd analog, and probably they will!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: btei.exe is not responding...