Homebrew Nintendont Controller.ini Location?

Orosen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Controller.ini file made from using the HID Test app on WII for use with Nintendont. I cannot seem to have nintendont read it at all. I literally can't find a single post anywhere in regards to how or where to place it.

It seems to say at the Root but it will not read it from there. Please, if anyone can assist I would greatly appreciate it.

TheManHimself

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The *.ini file must be placed in a folder named "controllers" at the root of your USB device

I'm trying to use a remap a Dualshock 4. I've read 2 different stories on how you are supposed to name the .ini file: first option is SD/controllers/05C4_054C.ini second is SD/controllers/Controller. Also a bunch of different sources saying to put the .ini on the root.

None of these options are working for me unfortunately, so I must be missing something here. It's no big deal since I only want to switch the controls around for Tony Hawk, and I can just use a Pro/UPro controller and get the same experience; just prefer the DS4 analog sticks.

Last edited by TheManHimself,

derekfcc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use a remap a Dualshock 4. I've read 2 different stories on how you are supposed to name the .ini file: first option is SD/controllers/05C4_054C.ini second is SD/controllers/Controller. Also a bunch of different sources saying to put the .ini on the root.

None of these options are working for me unfortunately, so I must be missing something here. It's no big deal since I only want to switch the controls around for Tony Hawk, and I can just use a Pro/UPro controller and get the same experience; just prefer the DS4 analog sticks.
From my understanding, placing the "controller.ini" file on the root of your sd card allows you to test the controller using HID Test. The program looks for that file, evaluates it, checks the VID and PID of the controller and compares it with what's found in the .ini, and then shows you what your inputs are as currently configured. If you have a controller.ini file that doesn't match the controller that's plugged in, it'll throw an error. You can adjust the controller.ini file and test it until you get the desired output.

The .ini files in the "controllers" folder are the actual plugins that are used by nintendont to configure the controller, so that's where you place the finished product. The naming of the files must match the controller that you're looking to use in the format of [VID]_[PID].ini

If you just adjust the controller.ini file on the root then it's not going to do you any good when you boot up the game. You need to copy the changes over to the appropriate file in the folder. I would also suggest making a folder within the controllers folder called something like "archived" or "extra". You can toss the original files in there and they won't been used by nintendont. then you can pull them back up whenever you need them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A