rabbitsong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot that Nintendont is also compatible w/ Wii U
Yes, I am using Wii U.
Oh, and I tried connecting it to my Wii to verify compatibility out of curiosity, and low and behold, it doesn't work nor was it recognized for that matter, lol.
Did you try it on PC mode as well. The documentation says that clones are supposed to work on PC mode, though on some threads I've seen people say to do it on Wii U mode. I tried both and neither worked.

I wish there was a compatibility table somewhere around here, though it's very hard to identify them because most have no brand. And like you said, most people are hacking regular Wiis, which would've solved a lot of hurdles I've encountered if I did too.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Did you try it on PC mode as well. The documentation says that clones are supposed to work on PC mode, though on some threads I've seen people say to do it on Wii U mode. I tried both and neither worked.

I wish there was a compatibility table somewhere around here, though it's very hard to identify them because most have no brand. And like you said, most people are hacking regular Wiis, which would've solved a lot of hurdles I've encountered if I did too.
I also tried it in PC Mode, but no dice... You could always try buying one from Amazon, and if things don't work out in your favor you could always return it back.

Wii's are cheap these days if you know how to negotiate. Recently, I bought one off eBay that came in a bundled w/ the console, nunchuk, controller, sensor, adapter/RCA cables and Wii Sports game for $54.31 in total over a month ago which I've since dismantled in its entirety to clean out and I soft-modded it.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news... The adapter comes with a switch that allows you to toggle between PC and Wii U/Switch functionality if that means anything...
JHf2ErA.jpg

Oh, and I tried connecting it to my Wii to verify compatibility out of curiosity, and low and behold, it doesn't work nor was it recognized for that matter, lol. I also own an official Wii U GameCube adapter which I won from an eBay auction over a month ago (which was bundled w/ an official Smash Bros GameCube controller) that I was able to get to work on PC as well (using unsigned drivers).
Any USB GameCube controller adapter only works with Nintnedont for Wii and Wii U or Smash Brothers Wii U. It will not normally work with anything else. 3rd party adapters must be on Wii U mode to work with Nintendont.

Reactions: urbanman2004

rabbitsong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii's are cheap these days if you know how to negotiate. Recently, I bought one off eBay that came in a bundled w/ the console, nunchuk, controller, sensor, adapter/RCA cables and Wii Sports game for $54.31 in total over a month ago which I've since dismantled in its entirety to clean out and I soft-modded it.
I already have everything set up and working well on the Wii U, just need to get the controller going.
Any USB GameCube controller adapter only works with Nintnedont for Wii and Wii U or Smash Brothers Wii U. It will not normally work with anything else. 3rd party adapters must be on Wii U mode to work with Nintendont.
Really? I mean, I tried with both modes and nothing worked.

The Nintendont documentation in the OP should probably be updated in that regard. It says that ALL third party adapter clones work if they are USB-HID, but I'm going through Amazon reviews and they all say it doesn't work with Nintendont homebrew except the Mayflash one, which the OP documentation says it doesn't work because it's not USB-HID, which is why I didn't buy it in the first place.

Before I return it, I'm going to try it one last time hooked up to Wii U mode since booting up the console, then go to vWii, try it directly with Nintendont (not the usb loader gx). Then I'll run it through HID-Test which will probably softlock my console.

Last edited by rabbitsong,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I already have everything set up and working well on the Wii U, just need to get the controller going.

Really? I mean, I tried with both modes and nothing worked.

The Nintendont documentation in the OP should probably be updated in that regard. It says that ALL third party adapter clones work if they are USB-HID, but I'm going through Amazon reviews and they all say it doesn't work with Nintendont homebrew except the Mayflash one, which the OP documentation says it doesn't work because it's not USB-HID, which is why I didn't buy it in the first place.

Before I return it, I'm going to try it one last time hooked up to Wii U mode since booting up the console, then go to vWii, try it directly with Nintendont (not the usb loader gx). Then I'll run it through HID-Test which will probably softlock my console.
they will work if you make your own ini file for them, if they are hid devices they can work but if they dont share a known pid/vid you would have to make your own. Some work because they match the official one config or mayflash one configs if your doesnt match those 2 you would need to make your own ini config file, i dont know how to make ini files but you can ask around.

rabbitsong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they will work if you make your own ini file for them, if they are hid devices they can work but if they dont share a known pid/vid you would have to make your own. Some work because they match the official one config or mayflash one configs if your doesnt match those 2 you would need to make your own ini config file, i dont know how to make ini files but you can ask around.
You have to use that homebrew app I mentioned called HID-Test. If it doesn't detect it then it's not a HID-USB and therefore not compatible, which doesn't.

If it works it shows the input values in hexadecimal that you have to input to a config file which I got a template from Nintendont's github. I know this because I did one for a Dualshock 3 controller, but I don't know how to make one without a template and I don't know how to get the pid/vid. Doesn't matter though because I can't read it with HID-Test to begin with.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You have to use that homebrew app I mentioned called HID-Test. If it doesn't detect it then it's not a HID-USB and therefore not compatible, which doesn't.

If it works it shows the input values in hexadecimal that you have to input to a config file which I got a template from Nintendont's github. I know this because I did one for a Dualshock 3 controller, but I don't know how to make one without a template and I don't know how to get the pid/vid. Doesn't matter though because I can't read it with HID-Test to begin with.
like i said if they are hid they work, some adapters crash hid test but they are hid so if you somehow made a config for them using your pc it should work fine on nintendont, hid test is very buggy on wii and wiiu and half of the times might not even work properly, if you can use your pc to see hid values then that would work.

rabbitsong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like i said if they are hid they work, some adapters crash hid test but they are hid so if you somehow made a config for them using your pc it should work fine on nintendont, hid test is very buggy on wii and wiiu and half of the times might not even work properly, if you can use your pc to see hid values then that would work.
Ok, got you. I got the VID PID from device manager and I'm going to create the config file from the gamecube adapter one in the github. Just going to replace the vid/pid values. Don't know what more to do than that.

rabbitsong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you please update us on your findings if you don't mind.
Well I'll be damned, It works!

Nintendont does include a config file with the correct PID and VID of my adapter which is this one:

https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/blob/master/controllerconfigs/controller_Generic_GC Controller Adapter.ini

But it wasn't working...

I couldn't find a good HID Test program on PC, but with the one I used, for the most part, showed that all the buttons were correct.

-Nobody could explain what Polltype is except that only PS3 uses '0', so I left it to 1.

-DPAD from what I understand, if it's set to '1', you have to input 8 directional values instead of 4. I left that alone.

-DigitalLR you only use it '= 1' if your controller doesn't have analogue triggers. I have NO CLUE why that one has it and is set equals to '2' or what that means. I just deleted it. I don't know if that is what helped.

-Lastly, there is the MultiIn and MultiInValue. I didn't understand this one either. It's for adapters of multiple controllers such as this one. The most I could understand is that both set to '1' (I don't know why one of them is set to '01') should work when you're using one controller, and that if you want to use more controllers you should change the MultiInValue, so I changed that one to 4.

The weird thing is that the official adapter's config has those set as '3' and '09' as you can see here:

https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont...ontroller_Nintendo_Wii_U_GameCube_Adapter.ini

I have no clue why that it or what it does, except that I tried it set to those values and the Nintendont menu gets stuck as if you're pressing upwards.

Apparently with the official adapter you can control the Nintendont menu, You would know since you said you had it.

I don't know what did it or why, but it works. Going to check with a real Gamecube if the sensitivity feels the same and I'm researching if I can enable rumble using these: Rumble= RumbleType= RumbleDataLen= RumbleDataOn= RumbleDataOff= RumbleTransferLen= RumbleTransfers=

Does your rumble work using Nintendont and the official adapter as is?

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'll be damned, It works!

Nintendont does include a config file with the correct PID and VID of my adapter which is this one:

https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/blob/master/controllerconfigs/controller_Generic_GC Controller Adapter.ini

But it wasn't working...

I couldn't find a good HID Test program on PC, but with the one I used, for the most part, showed that all the buttons were correct.

-Nobody could explain what Polltype is except that only PS3 uses '0', so I left it to 1.

-DPAD from what I understand, if it's set to '1', you have to input 8 directional values instead of 4. I left that alone.

-DigitalLR you only use it '= 1' if your controller doesn't have analogue triggers. I have NO CLUE why that one has it and is set equals to '2' or what that means. I just deleted it. I don't know if that is what helped.

-Lastly, there is the MultiIn and MultiInValue. I didn't understand this one either. It's for adapters of multiple controllers such as this one. The most I could understand is that both set to '1' (I don't know why one of them is set to '01') should work when you're using one controller, and that if you want to use more controllers you should change the MultiInValue, so I changed that one to 4.

The weird thing is that the official adapter's config has those set as '3' and '09' as you can see here:

https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont...ontroller_Nintendo_Wii_U_GameCube_Adapter.ini

I have no clue why that it or what it does, except that I tried it set to those values and the Nintendont menu gets stuck as if you're pressing upwards.

Apparently with the official adapter you can control the Nintendont menu, You would know since you said you had it.

I don't know what did it or why, but it works. Going to check with a real Gamecube if the sensitivity feels the same and I'm researching if I can enable rumble using these: Rumble= RumbleType= RumbleDataLen= RumbleDataOn= RumbleDataOff= RumbleTransferLen= RumbleTransfers=

Does your rumble work using Nintendont and the official adapter as is?
You're right... The official Wii U adapter does work using Nintendont
QJro7WA.jpg

I was able to use my GameCube controller to navigate the menu while plugged in that very port.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Does Rumble work with games?
of course it does i use it all the time, but the official adapter has a rumble code codded in the source of nintendont same for ps3 controller instead of the inis itself, so far i havent seen anyone abale to make those rumble values on the inis work, if you ever find out how to get those values i would like to know too so i could add rumble to dualshock 4 and such.

rabbitsong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
of course it does i use it all the time, but the official adapter has a rumble code codded in the source of nintendont same for ps3 controller instead of the inis itself, so far i havent seen anyone abale to make those rumble values on the inis work, if you ever find out how to get those values i would like to know too so i could add rumble to dualshock 4 and such.
Sounds good. I think I'm just going to get one of those and be done with it. I imagine it also lets you play with multiple controllers. This one I couldn't figure out the values to let me use more than one port. Just hope the Switch one is not different from the Wii U one.

The ini for the generic adapter is definitely broken, and I now believe it was the comments because I found no problem with the other lines. I'm going to post a working one in the Controller-Configurations thread. Hopefully they update it.

For the rumble values, I tried all the ones I could find in the other ini files in hopes one would work. There are different types of Rumble and I have no idea how to figure out the right values.

I suggest you try the one on the PS2 ini with the PS4, but I doubt it. They may be specifically for the adapter.

https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/blob/master/controllerconfigs/controller_ps2.ini

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Problem is since I'm using the adapter on a Wii, my controller can only be used to navigate the menu, but not run any games.
that is not a problem lol you can play any game with them... make sure you have native set to off and you dont have an actual controller plugged in the reall wii ports taking the same spot...

Also most games the control of said games is only allowed if you plug the controllers on port 1 and in your picture you are pluggin it in port 3, barely any game will let the 3rd player control the game...

Reactions: urbanman2004

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not know why, but for the life of me I cannot exit Nintendont after simultaneously pressing the button combination R + Z + B + Down (D-Pad) whether I'm playing a GC game via WiiFlow of through the app natively. I'm using version 5.5.2 if that means anything.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not know why, but for the life of me I cannot exit Nintendont after simultaneously pressing the button combination R + Z + B + Down (D-Pad) whether I'm playing a GC game via WiiFlow of through the app natively. I'm using version 5.5.2 if that means anything.
I think home is the exit button. I don't know about that button combo you mentioned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol
    +2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi