Hacking Nintendont

steviebwoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, I tried to run Nintendont for the first time today on my Wii, but I got a "Failed to load kernel from NAND!" error. Any idea what it means?

I've got the boot.dol and meta.xml correctly loaded onto my SD card at: \apps\Nintendont and just updated my HBC in case that was the problem - it didn't seem to help.

Could it be a problem with my ISO, or would it load Nintendont anyway before it looks for games?

Thanks in advance :)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi all, I tried to run Nintendont for the first time today on my Wii, but I got a "Failed to load kernel from NAND!" error. Any idea what it means?

I've got the boot.dol and meta.xml correctly loaded onto my SD card at: \apps\Nintendont and just updated my HBC in case that was the problem - it didn't seem to help.

Could it be a problem with my ISO, or would it load Nintendont anyway before it looks for games?

Thanks in advance :)
make sure just only one usb device is connected you probably have another device non hid connected i guess.

steviebwoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, that's what I've done - I tried to load it directly through the Homebrew Channel.

I was just adding that my USB FAT32 HDD is loaded with Wii ISOs and one Gamecube ISO in /games/Timesplitters/game.iso

steviebwoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I disconnect my USB device I get the same problem, so I don't think it's related to my USB HDD?

Error Message: Failed to load kernel from NAND!
Homebrew Channel: 1.1.2
IOS61 v21.29

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If I disconnect my USB device I get the same problem, so I don't think it's related to my USB HDD?

IOS61 v21.29
what do you mean if you disconnect your usb device you have the same problem?without a usb device nintendont cant load the isos lol

try switching usb doors

so your setup is trying to boot nintendont 325 on a wii with only an hdd connected to the usb ports correct? nothing else is connected?

steviebwoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, what I'm trying to suggest is that I don't think it's a problem with my USB device because the error is still the same with or without it. I've got the HDD connected to the bottom USB port.

Yep, that's exactly my setup. I'm not sure if it's Nintendont though - I grabbed it from the first post of this thread - I can't update it as I don't even get that far when I try to load Nintendont. I just get the error message almost straight away after I boot Nintendont from the HBC.

IOS61 v21.29

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No, what I'm trying to suggest is that I don't think it's a problem with my USB device because the error is still the same with or without it. I've got the HDD connected to the bottom USB port.

Yep, that's exactly my setup. I'm not sure if it's Nintendont though - I grabbed it from the first post of this thread - I can't update it as I don't even get that far when I try to load Nintendont. I just get the error message almost straight away after I boot Nintendont from the HBC.

IOS61 v21.29
well just make sure you got the latest nintendont and not the v1 release
https://nintendon-t.googlecode.com/svn-history/r325/trunk/loader/loader.dol

remenber you need to rename it to boot.dol

if everything fails your only hope is to try another device.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

IOS61 v21.29
also nintendont uses ios58 and my homebrew channel is
IOS58 v25.32

So not sure if its because you use a ios61 homebrew channel i always tough all homebrew channels were ios 58 tbh.

ChozoSapien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. Now it's saying that there were no games found in sd:/games, even though I did place the iso in the correct place, naming it "game.iso"

What am I doing wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...