Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, there's also that, true. The whole thing really sucks. :(

To quote Gahars, every medium of communication from smoke signals to e-mails has been exploited at some point and it's no reason to panic. I know shutting down a service is ten times easier, but it's not user-friendly - a developer is supposed to improve the service when such things happen, not shut it down.

tickle.my.pickle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sony and ms should make a tv ad about no restrictions in social apps on their consoles... that might trigger nintendo to re think their actions... :lol:

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To be fair, most things that could have prevented something like this were in place. Most notably friend codes, but also the whole parental controls thing. The problem is kids just got around all that protection by sharing friend codes on the internet and figuring out the parental control pin. Nintendo products are aimed at children for a large part, and parents might not buy as much 3DSes for their kids if they learn it has a feature that can potentially let their kid get in touch with child predators and other nasty things. Especially considering the media tends to make a big deal out of that kind of thing. That said, I wonder what justifies the 3DS Internet Browser for Nintendo as it can be used in the same way.
(this does not mean I agree with the decision to completely shut down Swapnote by the way)

Mthb54

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope nintendo makes a remote play function with Wiiu and 3ds like sony did with vita and Ps4.

sporkonomix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sporkbox.us
XP
Country
United States
Miiverse is long overdue and good to have on 3DS, but what is the real benefit of combining the funds on the two systems aside from buying 3DS stuff via Wii U and vice versa? Cross-play isn't even happening on it as far as we can tell.

Let's say you own both systems, and put $20 on your Wii U. Let's say you buy a game that's $15, and you have $5 left to spend, but nothing looks good on the WiiU. You check the 3DS eShop and lo and behold, there's a VC game you want! If the systems share a balance, your 3DS can use that $5 that's leftover on the WiiU. Without that in place, the $5 sits on the WiiU and you have to add more funds to the 3DS. It basically makes it so all your Nintendo spending is in one balance instead of two. A huge benefit, imo.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's say you own both systems, and put $20 on your Wii U. Let's say you buy a game that's $15, and you have $5 left to spend, but nothing looks good on the WiiU. You check the 3DS eShop and lo and behold, there's a VC game you want! If the systems share a balance, your 3DS can use that $5 that's leftover on the WiiU. Without that in place, the $5 sits on the WiiU and you have to add more funds to the 3DS. It basically makes it so all your Nintendo spending is in one balance instead of two. A huge benefit, imo.

Yeah, uh I mean I found out soon after and I uh, kinda sold my 3DS...long story

Mthb54

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Like totally rad man!!!