Hacking [No longer maintained] RajNX - starter pack for Nintendo Switch

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There is no copyrighted content in this release (unlike some other CFWs previously released).
If i am pro piracy then your "team" is very pro piracy (since they were distributing Nintendo's copyrighted content publicly, maybe that has changed today, but not before doing it willingly for some time now).

Last edited by rajkosto,

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
under our logic, we are indifferent to piracy, and merely enable it
under your logic, we are dirty scoundrels with eyepatches and parrots who unironically say "yarr matey" at people
under your logic, we are very pro-piracy

Team - Noun
"A team is a group of individuals working together to achieve a goal."
arguing the validity of that is a waste of time

Last edited by Darth Meteos,

Dean_

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm truly sad to see this meaningless arguments. People who recently got here seems to be interested only in piracy, and developers who should be credited for their job are getting forgotten.

Reactions: DarthDub

TeamGameRevolution

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Time for my 2 cents:

I don't care about any official definitions or something. In my opinion, this is a repack, not an own CFW. It bundles existing work with minor changes. Is that bad? No. Should it be listed as CFW? Debatable. Does it have a right to exist? If it makes stuff easier, sure. Should he disclose the people who made the pre-existing stuff in the pack? Yes, if he wants to.

Despite the fight going on here at the moment, let's not forget the fact, that this is still a CFW, regardless of being a repack or something self-coded. Proper credits should be given but there's no reason to not believe, that he didn't make the patches himself, unless you can proof it (hash comparison).

Both parties need to chill, we're all working towards (mostly) the same goal, being able to mod our Switch.
Just my opinion.

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Your definition of a repack would fall onto other things called CFW on this forum then, too (a collection of already existing projects just with small modifications).
Let's not bicker about this further, it is what it is.

Last edited by rajkosto,

TeamGameRevolution

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Your definition of a repack would fall onto other things called CFW on this forum then, too (a collection of already existing projects just with small modifications).
As I said. I don't care about definitions. ReiNX and Atmosphere are too different to be called the same. Any other CFWs, I have not seen or heard from, since I'm not very active here, just lurking.

I'm on neither side. Both of you should chill and do their thing.

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't agree with that (especially before whatever changes happened today). But that's not what this thread is about.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0.6.9.1 is out: Update Tinfoil to commit 3a8d2c3 (fixes freezes)
heh, 69
Time for my 2 cents:

I don't care about any official definitions or something. In my opinion, this is a repack, not an own CFW. It bundles existing work with minor changes. Is that bad? No. Should it be listed as CFW? Debatable. Does it have a right to exist? If it makes stuff easier, sure. Should he disclose the people who made the pre-existing stuff in the pack? Yes, if he wants to.

Despite the fight going on here at the moment, let's not forget the fact, that this is still a CFW, regardless of being a repack or something self-coded. Proper credits should be given but there's no reason to not believe, that he didn't make the patches himself, unless you can proof it (hash comparison).

Both parties need to chill, we're all working towards (mostly) the same goal, being able to mod our Switch.
Just my opinion.
the guy posted a thing directly calling out my team, after a week of constant callouts, with the version number 0.6.9 and was intially responding to criticism with memes and shittalk
the original post had a section dedicated to it being directly better than reinx
if people want to use this, they should, it is functional. i feel it is inferior and was made as a shitpost, but my opinion isn't relevant to that fact.
hash comparisons won't prove it, but whether or not the end-user believes it, or his protestations, we both know what the truth is, and it's irritating to say the least

i am working towards the best possible experience for the end-user, and so was rajkosto before this fucking mess of a series of posts that have no purpose outside of a shitty callout
but, indeed, the files are good and they function as intended, so please use rajnx, it is the culmination of a lot of work by a lot of people
this is probably the best way to run free non-reinx cfw on the switch right now, so i'm happy to endorse it
you'll have a good time on rajnx

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no copyrighted content in this release (unlike some other CFWs previously released).
So far as I can tell your entire "cfw" is made up of copyrighted content? It's just that it's copyrighted under GPL and you've provided the source code, which means you're not in violation of it

Reactions: DarthDub

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far as I can tell your entire "cfw" is made up of copyrighted content? It's just that it's copyrighted under GPL and you've provided the source code, which means you're not in violation of it
so long as you're not in violation, it's okay to use it
it's probably worth mentioning to someone so invested in semantics, though

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
People can't enjoy whichever CFW they want when people like you make tools and don't offer support to their CFW.

Cant run tools that require certain svcs on CFW that doesn't give it the appropriate svc rights (if you can update your hbloader from master/anyone's current release it will work, which is what my answer was in the appropriate thread)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the GPL is a copyleft license, when i said copyrighted content i meant Nintendo's copyrighted content (in addition to GPL'd content).

Last edited by rajkosto,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so long as you're not in violation, it's okay to use it
it's probably worth mentioning to someone so invested in semantics, though
I recognize that, and I'm not even particularly interested in playing the semantics game. He does need to recognize that significant portion of the code isn't his, though, because saying "not copyrighted" is a hairy line to be walking should he pull the source code at any point

TeamGameRevolution

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
heh, 69

the guy posted a thing directly calling out my team, after a week of constant callouts, with the version number 0.6.9 and was intially responding to criticism with memes and shittalk
the original post had a section dedicated to it being directly better than reinx
if people want to use this, they should, it is functional. i feel it is inferior and was made as a shitpost, but my opinion isn't relevant to that fact.
hash comparisons won't prove it, but whether or not the end-user believes it, or his protestations, we both know what the truth is, and it's irritating to say the least

i am working towards the best possible experience for the end-user, and so was rajkosto before this fucking mess of a series of posts that have no purpose outside of a shitty callout
but, indeed, the files are good and they function as intended, so please use rajnx, it is the culmination of a lot of work by a lot of people
this is probably the best way to run free non-reinx cfw on the switch right now, so i'm happy to endorse it
you'll have a good time on rajnx
It probably is, though I don't know if I'll use it. I like ReiNX personally (because memes), but this isn't for this thread.

The history you have with him isn't for this thread either. It's something you should carry out somewhere else, DMs, a private discussion, whatever.

My opinion is: Both have a reason to exist, so they should and people can make up their own mind about what to use.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It probably is, though I don't know if I'll use it. I like ReiNX personally (because memes), but this isn't for this thread.

The history you have with him isn't for this thread either. It's something you should carry out somewhere else, DMs, a private discussion, whatever.

My opinion is: Both have a reason to exist, so they should and people can make up their own mind.
I agree to a point. This thread exists because of our history together. I DM'ed the guy recently, and had a half-decent discussion, which amounted to about the same shit as here, constant dodging the point and attempts to dismiss my arguments. In the end, private conversations with this guy are circlejerks, having them in public (which he's decided on by making this godforsaken thing) is the only way to properly decide who is correct and who is full of shit. Perhaps, in the end, we'll both be full of it.

Thanks for using ReiNX, though. I'd give this a try, just to see if it suits you better. It might be the thing you're lookin' for. ReiNX is built around the idea of static modularity, where you put various kips and such in the modules folder, this subscribes to the Hekate line of thinking with a config file. The idea behind ReiNX is that you drag, drop, and it works. This has more options past that, so it might be even better, if you're interested in that kinda thing.

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My opinion is: Both have a reason to exist, so they should and people can make up their own mind about what to use.

I like turtles but that isnt for this thread if you have nothing good or constructive to say keep it to yourself.
I on the other hand appreciate your work @rajkosto now and what you come up with in the future.

Last edited by ExploitJunkie,
Reactions: LightBeam

Deathwing Zero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have questions about the future of this. Specifically about features. Do you have any plans to add any yourself, and if so what? User suggested features? Things outside of what Atmosphere (as a whole, not a specific layer) has planned. Let's say for example a video player.

I couldn't give a shit about custom vs customized firmware and what constitutes either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious