Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Zexus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, since I'm not receiving much help from the other thread, I'll request some help here.

The files that are inside the Wii are:

Twilight Hack & Homebrew Channel
Starfall Installation
Wiishop and IOS51 Installation
WiiGator v0.3 Gamma Installation
SoftChip Rev73

What I'm planning to do is update from 3.2U directly to 4.2 through Nintendo, just read you can update normally then install all the other files. The guides say that the only files that do not get cleaned out are the CIOSCORP files, so if I update from Nintendo, I'm alright, right?

Then after I update I'm planning on following this guide:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

I've read a few posts explaining that if I want a region free Wii I have to go to 4.1, so the guide says to update and install all the hacks and usb loaders, then I downgrade to 4.1. Downgrading will keep all the files, correct?

So, my two questions are:

1. Updating through Nintendo to 4.2, even with those files, will clean it out or revirginize the Wii?
2. After I follow the guide and install everything through 4.2 then downgrade to 4.1, will the files from 4.2 stay and I can just start playing region free games or no?

reNppa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, im VERY noob in wii softmodding but understand littlebit
My friend sofmod my 4.2E
Bootmii installed on IOS

1. Cios rev15 coming soon, how easy is updating?
2. How do i update like neogamma?
3. How do i install wiiflow or usb loader configurable?
4. Can wii update automatically system menu in 4.2E? Can i block that question?
5. Is that "allways-updating" brews, cios's, loaders now, if i want that all games work well to future? coz i dont understand that softmodding at all right now, i just get it how to play backups in neogamma, thats all
So allways when i "haxx" like update cios or apps, there is lot of risks to brick my wii.
6. And now after all moddings, can i get nand backup still? do i need it at all anymore? if yes, who can i get that?

frailimbnursry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a stupid question: How does one uninstall a wad with wadmanager and remove all traces of the wad (ticket, etc.)?

I've installed a channel via wad using wadmanager 1.5. To uninstall it, does the original wad need to be present on the source drive for wadmanager to uninstall it? Is it possible to uninstall and remove all traces of the channel without the original wad?

Finally, is the process any different if one has moved the channel to the SD card to free up system memory space?

Hellfire

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
About WiiSCU I have a question. I'm on 4.1E, but it says:
"If you need Shop Channel, use version 0.23 (modified by SifJar) which downloads v18 of the Shop Channel, instead of getting latest version, due to some issues caused by getting latest version. This version also gets v6174 of IOS60 as in v0.22 "
OK I want the Shop Channel, but if it doesn't install the latest version, won't I be unable to enter it anyway? And after that:
"For anyone using System Menu 4.1 and earlier, use WiiSCU v0.22"
So... do I use 0.22 or 0.23?

GeoNeo

Trophies
XP
Country
GeoNeo said:
Hi i am new(noob) to this and just looking for some help on what i should do next. Been reading alot of guides and posts on what to do but kinda confused myself.

i have the following:

wii 3.4E
BootMii as boot2v4(installed as ios)
HBC
DVDX
(Backing up your NAND)

On the guide i was following the next steps was Patching IOS36 and Installing PreLoader and new cIOS then i read on an other post it is not safe to do this from 3.4E right?

Just wondering what it is i should do next?

Thanks

QUOTE(longtom1 @ Nov 12 2009, 03:47 PM) there are no hacks.ini file for 3.4

what would i have to do to my 3.4? how?

thanks

JE78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on system 4.2, I installed the Home Brew Channel, DVDX and BootMii Boot2, I did a backup of my NAND to my SD card successfully. My next step was to beable to play some backup games so I followed steps 1-5 for the Restoring the Trucha Bug (4.2) guide, then installed Waninkokos cIOS (249 and 250) I went back to step 6 in the Restoring the Trucha Bug but when I scroll over to IOS70 its not there. I was able to get NeoGamma to run in my HBC but wasn't able to load a backup game on DVD. I've only tried 1 game so far (Mario Bros Wii) and it was from DVD not a USB loader as I don't have a USB drive big enough yet. My main question is how do I complete step 6 for Restoring the Trucha Bug??

Hellfire

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hellfire said:
"If you need Shop Channel, use version 0.23 (modified by SifJar) which downloads v18 of the Shop Channel, instead of getting latest version, due to some issues caused by getting latest version. This version also gets v6174 of IOS60 as in v0.22 "
OK I want the Shop Channel, but if it doesn't install the latest version, won't I be unable to enter it anyway? And after that:
I was bottom paged so bringing it up here, so it doesn't get lost
wink.gif

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hellfire said:
Hellfire said:
wink.gif
Yeah that can be confusing. I'm pretty sure 0.23 is specifically just to get Shop Channel v18 whether you're on 4.1 or 4.2.

Hellfire

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
EeZeEpEe said:
Hellfire said:
Hellfire said:
wink.gif
Yeah that can be confusing. I'm pretty sure 0.23 is specifically just to get Shop Channel v18 whether you're on 4.1 or 4.2.
Yeah it's pretty damn confusing. Thanks
smile.gif

linus_south

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I've been searching for hours on end here. I am very tired and, all that so, please forgive any mistakes in this post.

Alright so I am a complete NOOB,
I was soft modding a buddy's system and, Mistakenly put the dreaded Cios60 on it. When I had done the 4.1U system menu.
There is NO bootmii on there as I myself removed it so he wouldn't cry about it popping up every boot. *he's a bigger noob then all.

I have done this a number of times and, I didn't think about it till the damage was done. *note to all; don't pile all your files together as need files for modding!

I seen a number of things in the forums how I am black screened and, fully bricked thus FUBAR'd. I get that.
But, is there any way to fix this at all.

Side note;
I have a fully working Wii and, Could maybe do the mod chip addition to turn on autoboot then put the mod chip in bricked Wii thing.
I am not too sure if that would work? From what people was saying on here it could be a go or a no go?

Please, Could anyone help me.

wuher69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is definitely a dumb/easy question here which I am pretty sure I know the answer to but just want to check to be safe.

I have an NTSC, American Wii, system menu 3.2U. I want to play the New Super Mario Brothers Pal through coverfloader. Is it ok/safe to run PAL games through USB loaders?

Also if I can play it on PAL but then eventually want to just run the NTSC version, can I somehow transfer the save?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
It's funny that I'm posting in this topic, but I guess everyone has noob questions at times lol.

When I try to play games off my USB HDD, irregardless of the loader, It spins up then doesn't work. But if I unplug the drive and plug it back in it starts working seconds later.

Any way to fix this? I don't remember always having this problem.

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wuher69 said:
This is definitely a dumb/easy question here which I am pretty sure I know the answer to but just want to check to be safe.

I have an NTSC, American Wii, system menu 3.2U. I want to play the New Super Mario Brothers Pal through coverfloader. Is it ok/safe to run PAL games through USB loaders?

Also if I can play it on PAL but then eventually want to just run the NTSC version, can I somehow transfer the save?
yes its fine to run different region games you just have to selet the NTSC video patch in the USB loader
and as for your other question no

Daitokuji

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the story...

I had my Will modded originally with the Twilight Hack. A few days ago I upgraded using Waninkoko's 4.0 updater mainly because it didn't work when it first came out and I left it alone. but I saw it there a few days ago and decided to try it. It worked no problem. So I went on the internets to see if another update from Waninkoko was available. 4.2 was out so I tried that one and it wouldn't work I guess because of the internet connection it kept timing out. I kept trying and it finally installed everything.... Cept it got rid of my Homebrew Channel. It upgraded it to 4.2 and I had to use the bannerbomb to see if I could put HBC back on and I got this message.
fuckedwii.jpg

Am I just fucked or is there something I can do?

canniengui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
longtom1:

I can't access to the net ):

But then again I think I remembered an error ret -2011 too when I tried to install it with IOS38 in WAD Manager. What would that make it?

And.. is there a way to change Neogamma R8 so the IOS below shows IOS38?

Sorry for that many questions..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/VKxOP02