Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
Hy guys, I have some problems with the new GC Backup Loader: I don't know, how to install it!
The readme in the package is just as clear as a swamp, and I'm really stuck here. I already installed WiiGator's Wii Backup Launcher, which had simple instructions, but with the GCBL, there are folder I don't even know what to do with! Pls. help me!
Also, I'm on 3.1E (everybody says they have 3.2/3/4), and I don't have a Net connection on the Wii. Could these be a problem?

You have to put the installer and the launcher in:
SD:/apps/cMIOS installer/boot.dol
SD:/apps/run launcher/boot.dol

then enter in the HBC and load and run the cMIOS installer, when it finishes then run the launcher, that's it, you don't need to be on 3.2...!!!
smile.gif

Thanks, but there's another problem: the MIOS patcher searches for internet connection, but as I wrote it once, I don't have it. So the cMIOS patching just failed.
Any method to do this thing fully offline?

Littlegreenmen

Trophies
XP
Country
Zozzy said:
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
Hy guys, I have some problems with the new GC Backup Loader: I don't know, how to install it!
The readme in the package is just as clear as a swamp, and I'm really stuck here. I already installed WiiGator's Wii Backup Launcher, which had simple instructions, but with the GCBL, there are folder I don't even know what to do with! Pls. help me!
Also, I'm on 3.1E (everybody says they have 3.2/3/4), and I don't have a Net connection on the Wii. Could these be a problem?

then enter in the HBC and load and run the cMIOS installer, when it finishes then run the launcher, that's it, you don't need to be on 3.2...!!!
smile.gif

Thanks, but there's another problem: the MIOS patcher searches for internet connection, but as I wrote it once, I don't have it. So the cMIOS patching just failed.
get rvl-miosv8,wad and put it in the root of your card
when you load the mios patcher choose wad install

Zozzy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Littlegreenmen said:
Zozzy said:
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:

smile.gif

get rvl-miosv8,wad and put it in the root of your card
when you load the mios patcher choose wad install

Oh goodie, but where can I find it? Google failed me...
frown.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a noob question regarding gamecube backup launching:
Did anybody actually recognize compatibily differences between the 8(!) different avaiable cMIOS? I mean except savegame filename issues.

Glittermoongdes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey again I have more questions!!

I have WiiBrickBlocker which will delete the update partition of the files, correct?
But I'm unclear on how to make discs region free...what do I need to change PAL to US? Or are the Starfall hacks enough?

and also, I have WiiScrubber, which is just used to compress ISOs or extract files from them, right? I only used it last night to get the systemmenu.wad out of a fix disc, but is there some other purpose I should be using it for?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Littlegreenmen said:
is there stuff available so all the following could be done offline.
1.downgrade from 3.4-to 3.2
2.is there a version of ios downgrader that just use wads instead of wifi.
3.install cios rev7 offline
4.mii/shop channel update offline

i ask as if the big N changed stuff on there server like location of files in the future than some homebrew may fail when tryin to download ios's

Well if you do the 3.4 update you can do a FS_Dump and then repack the wads of the Wii Shop and IOS51, then do the downgrade to 3.2 and again run FS_Dumper and repack All of your IOS including IOS249, once you have all the wads, then you can do whatever you want thru Wad Manager...!!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
get the japanese version of pikmin and use wiiscrubber to extract the mios...
PAL version you mean...!!!

QUOTE said:
I have a noob question regarding gamecube backup launching:
Did anybody actually recognize compatibily differences between the 8(!) different avaiable cMIOS? I mean except savegame filename issues.

Well just the fact that (if you have cIOS30) runing the Waninkoko's cMIOS and the game thru the Disc Channel it gives you the settings options of a launcher incorporated by Waninkoko...!!!
biggrin.gif

Hey again I have more questions!!
I have WiiBrickBlocker which will delete the update partition of the files, correct?
But I'm unclear on how to make discs region free...what do I need to change PAL to US? Or are the Starfall hacks enough?
and also, I have WiiScrubber, which is just used to compress ISOs or extract files from them, right? I only used it last night to get the systemmenu.wad out of a fix disc, but is there some other purpose I should be using it for?

WBB doesn't delete the entire update partition, only change it to a boot2 and IOS9 update, and they both are in your Wii, so no update will be performed, the WiiScrubber is quite a useful tool, don't get rid of it, it may save your ass, or help you to find out something, to change region Starfall doesn't work at all (nor Preloader) your best shot is WiU1.1.exe, but still some games doesn't have both signal of video output...!!!
smile.gif

Robotic Earthlin

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to get my Wii ready to play GCN backups, but when I download the GCN backup loader files and put the folders in the apps folder of my SD card, they don't show up in the HBC. How am I supposed to run the MIOS patcher? I noticed the files in the folders are different than normal apps. Am I supposed to run them a different way?

Also, I have Gamma working and everything, but I haven't installed cIOSCORP. I won't need it to run GC backups, right? Just run the MIOS patcher and then the GC backup loader, right?

Should I use the MIOS that comes with the GC pack (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4757) or this one: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=134934

Zozzy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
OK, here I am again, new problem: the goddamn Wii restart after I run the GCBL.

I downloaded and installed rvl-cmiosv8.wad with the cMios installer it came with (this one). During the install it said "error ret=-1", but at the end the install was succesful. Then I installed one of the GCBL channle wads (miyagiCE's), and started it. Then I got the standard black-green startup screen without any options (aka. "Press A to PAL60", etc.), and for 2 seconds a green screen, and poof: the Wii restarted again.

I tried to run it from the SD card, but same problem. I tried to boot a multigame disc (containing Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, and Starfox Assault), can this be the problem?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Zozzy said:

I downloaded and installed rvl-cmiosv8.wad with the cMios installer it came with (this one). During the install it said "error ret=-1", but at the end the install was succesful. Then I installed one of the GCBL channle wads (miyagiCE's), and started it. Then I got the standard black-green startup screen without any options (aka. "Press A to PAL60", etc.), and for 2 seconds a green screen, and poof: the Wii restarted again.

I tried to run it from the SD card, but same problem. I tried to boot a multigame disc (containing Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, and Starfox Assault), can this be the problem?

I have this "problem" when the cMIOS don't exists, so the loader first looks for the cMIOS, and if isn't there one, and no disc (original) is inserted, he restarts. So, I think that the Installation of the cMIOS went wrong...maybe you should try to reinstall your cMIOS, this should help.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Robotic Earthling said:
I'm trying to get my Wii ready to play GCN backups, but when I download the GCN backup loader files and put the folders in the apps folder of my SD card, they don't show up in the HBC. How am I supposed to run the MIOS patcher? I noticed the files in the folders are different than normal apps. Am I supposed to run them a different way?

Also, I have Gamma working and everything, but I haven't installed cIOSCORP. I won't need it to run GC backups, right? Just run the MIOS patcher and then the GC backup loader, right?

Should I use the MIOS that comes with the GC pack (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4757) or this one: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=134934
You just need to rename the dol to "boot.dol" and then you can launch it in HBC. It will be somewhere at the end of your list of apps though because it has no meta.xml....
You don't need cioscorp installed to play GC Backups but AFAIK you will need to use the reboot option or Waninkoko's menupatcher if you want to load GC through the disc channel.

Zozzy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Blue-K said:
Zozzy said:

I have this "problem" when the cMIOS don't exists, so the loader first looks for the cMIOS, and if isn't there one, and no disc (original) is inserted, he restarts. So, I think that the Installation of the cMIOS went wrong...maybe you should try to reinstall your cMIOS, this should help.

Disregard my comment, you are right, I placed the cMios-wad not into the root of my card, but into the WAD folder, that was the problem.

Now it goes flawlessly, thanks everybody!

VJCampos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got to downgrade and i have used many methods but until now i didn't realize that there was the IOS downgrade and the cIOS which of them should I use

Littlegreenmen

Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
Littlegreenmen said:
is there stuff available so all the following could be done offline.
1.downgrade from 3.4-to 3.2
2.is there a version of ios downgrader that just use wads instead of wifi.
3.install cios rev7 offline
4.mii/shop channel update offline

i ask as if the big N changed stuff on there server like location of files in the future than some homebrew may fail when tryin to download ios's

Well if you do the 3.4 update you can do a FS_Dump and then repack the wads of the Wii Shop and IOS51, then do the downgrade to 3.2 and again run FS_Dumper and repack All of your IOS including IOS249, once you have all the wads, then you can do whatever you want thru Wad Manager...!!!
smile.gif
So what do ios come under in fs dumper as i cant find them

Littlegreenmen

Trophies
XP
Country
I have mamanged to pack the mii channel update/shop update into wads
how do i remove the wii shop channel so it asked for me to update so i can test my wad works and same to mii channel
basically how to i get them so they are not updated as i used the original update.dol created but now what to try my wads (offline update)

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
VJCampos said:
I got to downgrade and i have used many methods but until now i didn't realize that there was the IOS downgrade and the cIOS which of them should I use

To downgrade to 3.2 you need to use both...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
So what do ios come under in fs dumper as i cant find them

with FS_Dumper inside title/00000001 there are all the IOS, but the folder name is in hex code like that, so I first run "title lister" to know wich one was each one of them

I have mamanged to pack the mii channel update/shop update into wads
how do i remove the wii shop channel so it asked for me to update so i can test my wad works and same to mii channel
basically how to i get them so they are not updated as i used the original update.dol created but now what to try my wads (offline update)
Get an old game same region as your Wii and extract the MiiChannel and the WiiShop channel and install them with Wad Manager...!!
smile.gif

Glittermoongdes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,
I downloaded Dvd Dumper 1.2 and got it loaded fine in my Wii, but when I go to the url supplied and click on 'save iso', it just brings me to 'internet explorer cannot open page', and then i get a message on my Wii saying "sending DVD ISO...error! (ret= -10056)

I tried it multiple times, exited any other processes on my computer and it's still not working. What's going on?

**I also just tried hooking up my TB FreeAgent hard drive to the USB connection and selecting USB and that also gave me "ERROR!"

***I went back to the post on the DVD Dumper 1.2 release and read someone else's post about how they switched to firefox and got it to work, and now mine is working! Sweet, this site rocks.

I do have one question though - will the Wii DVD Dumper rip any DVD or ISO? XBOX 360 Iso's?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3