Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
loony747 said:
TheOnlyOneHeFears said:
Quick question, I'm running a Wii with 3.2E at the moment. I've got the latest HBC installed, and I recently installed cIOS rev 10 (for the USB backup launcher) and preloader 0.29. I haven't installed any other cIOSes (apart from rev 9 before I updated to rev 10). I want to update from 3.2E to 4.0E now, but will the fact that I've already installed preloader affect anything? Can I go ahead and run wanin's 4.0 updater without any problems? Or do I have to somehow uninstall preloader first, update to 4.0 and then reinstall preloader?

You should be fine updating to 4.0 using Wanin's method. I did the same but two days ago.

You should know, however, that once you update, your Preloader will be erased, which means you will need to install it again. Again, I did this but 2 days ago.
tongue.gif

Overall, just upgrade to 4, and then reinstall Preloader .29. You should be fine.

QUOTE(CursaKuma @ Apr 15 2009, 01:09 PM) Hey, REALLY new to all of this and there are like.. pages and pages.. of junk to go through
i tried searching for a few hours now can't find my simple answer. (searched not only this website)

What I know:

Im using Wiikey 1.9g
Recently updated out of stupidity and curiosity (friend told me it was "safe") :[
So I'm on 4.0U now -.- Aaand...
I never got the HBC or anything really before the update.

What I want to know:

Am i "screwed" if i don't already have HBC on my wii.
Or can I downgrade my software somehow using wiikey disks? or any other way for me to do stuff?

Wanting to just play some VC and wiiware.
Not sure now if I will have to sit it out now until another twilight style hack comes around
If i could do ANYTHING from where i'm sitting. Please let me know.
smile.gif
Thanks!!!
wacko.gif

Personally, I would just wait for a new Twilight Hack. You can downgrade, but most of the methods I know require you to use the HBC... which you don't have.

Since I don't have a modded Wii, I can't help you with anything reagrding it. I sure hope someone else comes, and will be able to help you.

Cool man, thanks for the quick response
biggrin.gif
And you haven't experienced any problems having reinstalled preloader after 4.0?

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheOnlyOneHeFears said:
biggrin.gif
And you haven't experienced any problems having reinstalled preloader after 4.0?

Assuming that's @ me, no, I haven't had any issues. Make sure you install IOS60 before you install the Preloader. If you don't you'll get a "System corrupt" message, though you can boot into the Preloader and run the Preloader installer again through the Homebrew Channel.

TheOnlyOneHeFear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
raptir said:
TheOnlyOneHeFears said:
biggrin.gif

Assuming that's @ me, no, I haven't had any issues. Make sure you install IOS60 before you install the Preloader. If you don't you'll get a "System corrupt" message, though you can boot into the Preloader and run the Preloader installer again through the Homebrew Channel.

Yeah that was at you, thanks for the advice, I'll give it a go tomorrow
smile.gif

Ess_uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, great thread. Thought I'd give it a whirl myself. Well, here goes.

Are IOSs, ripped via Wiiscrubber from a PAL ISO, ok to install, via wadmanager 1.3, onto a 3.2U console?

ie: Are IOSs compatible "cross-region"?

hawker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Noob question:

Okay I got hold of the files for usb 1.4, but I am dammned if I can rememebr where to put them on my sd card, can some kind soul help this n00b out. A quick but easy to follow guide on installing usb 1.4 would be fantastic. The zip file I have is this one:
Usb_SD_LOADER_1.4_All_You_Need_Wii-iND

Cheers

superman101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey ive decided that im going to install preloader, could somone point me to a guide that would let me do that, and do i need a IOS, and how do i check if i have it, also could somone also point me to a guide to get that start up thing where you press a button and it takes you somewhere, it was at the health menu, and it was also in a channel that i saw, thanx

also is it worth upgrading to 1.4 usb loader, from what i hear, there are a lot of bugs, thx

WiiMonkey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hawker said:
Noob question:

Okay I got hold of the files for usb 1.4, but I am dammned if I can rememebr where to put them on my sd card, can some kind soul help this n00b out. A quick but easy to follow guide on installing usb 1.4 would be fantastic. The zip file I have is this one:
Usb_SD_LOADER_1.4_All_You_Need_Wii-iND

Cheers

CODEUSB/SD LOADER 1.4 ALL YOU NEED

USB Loader 1_4.wad
(install with wad manager 1.3)

cios36 rev10 installer
(install with latest HBC [apps/appname/boot.dol] and put IOS36-64-v1042.wad into root of sd card for installer )

WBFSManager2.2.msi
(install to pc to manage your sd/usb from pc , needs framenetwork 3.5 )

hope it helps

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Riley said:
GameGeek said:
Is it possible to modify my Wii to run autoboot discs without installing a mod chip so that if it gets banner bricked, I can unbrick it using the TH?

Go into the wii recovery mode ( holding all gc control pad buttons down when you start the wii ) and then put in a game that has a full wii update ( mario kart, mad world, SSBB etc... )
Thanks for the suggestion, but... what does that have to do with fixing a banner bricked Wii?

gamersclub

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
danspage.tk
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I've updated to 4.0, moved my homebrew channel to SD and now it doesn't load. However all my wad channels work. Could someone upload a Wii back-up launcher and/or homebrew loader channel and/or a wad manager channel .bin file (if it's allowed on site) from copying it to a sd card? It would be quite useful
smile.gif

Also I have tried tricking homebrews title app into being a wiiware game with no luck to run (It just disappears.) Anyone find a working "vc game" id to run homebrew as a "Nintendo vc game"?
Edit: found a "potential new wii exploit" link here---> http://wii.qj.net/Potential-new-Wii-exploi...g/49/aid/129974

Accordman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive read that LU64 units cannot be downgraded, ive got a LU65 unit with 3.4u that ive tryed to softmod. when i try to use the EoC method i cannot use wad manager as i get a black screen that stays there i got pretty far in someone elses tutorial then i kept getting 1035 errors.

is there a way for me to get rid of everythign i did and just start over

the ripper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 - created one folder in the root of the sd card named "usb-loader"
2 - inside that folder i've created one called "covers"
3 - put the png inside the "covers" folder
4 - no result

downloaded the images from http://www.theotherzone.com

am i missing any step? should the name of the folders be in caps? do i have to do anything in the apps folder? help me please..

Syntheticfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
so i modded my wii with gamma loader...

was pretty easy just did the TLH --> homebrew --> cios v10 --> gamma loader.
and it all worked great.

now the question is, what exactly are the CIOS files? are they changing to wii's system data or something, and why do i need the IOS files for the shop, and different CIOS files ( i think) for the other loaders...

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
IOS (input/output system) a basically the drivers for the wii
a cIOS (custom IOS) is an IOS not made by nintendo, so they can replace IOS and to new tasks. Many ÂIOS are used to run games, but some have other tasks aswell

interesting is: if a wii game uses an IOS, the backup of this game can be run from the disc channel by replacing that IOS with a cIOS

MidnightR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to run some of the newer Wiiware releases, but they won't load. I get a black screen for a few seconds then it boots me back to the Wii Menu. I'm guessing I have to update something but I don't know what.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol