person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fishman99 said:
ok thanks anyway.

if i send them back to nintendo. do you think they could be fixed? i know it could be pricey
not if its been previously (soft)modded, well they will fix it, but it will probably end up costing you more then a new wii.

However, you said you had a backup loader channel, so what exactly happens when you load it, because if it (or any other channel for that matter) is a forwarder channel then you can use that to load the hackmii installer, and then re-hack your wii!
Do you remeber if you needed your sd card (or usb drive) in the wii to start the channel?

Didu50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Question.
tongue.gif
XD This is what this thread is for anyway.
anyways... I wanna run GC games on my WII. From the reading I've done, this can only be accomplished by burned dvd's. Can my Wii run dvd's? When I installed hbc and bootmii, the option to install DVDX was not present. How would I go along testing this?

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Didu50 said:
I have a Question.
tongue.gif
anyways... I wanna run GC games on my WII. From the reading I've done, this can only be accomplished by burned dvd's. Can my Wii run dvd's? When I installed hbc and bootmii, the option to install DVDX was not present. How would I go along testing this?
When was the wii bought? if its black, red, or a newer white wii it wont read dvd's.

DVDX wasn't there because it is dead, nothing uses it any more.

You can test if the wii can read dvd's by trying to load one (even a movie with WiiMC or something)

Fishman99

Trophies
XP
Country
person66 said:
Fishman99 said:
ok thanks anyway.

if i send them back to nintendo. do you think they could be fixed? i know it could be pricey
not if its been previously (soft)modded, well they will fix it, but it will probably end up costing you more then a new wii.

However, you said you had a backup loader channel, so what exactly happens when you load it, because if it (or any other channel for that matter) is a forwarder channel then you can use that to load the hackmii installer, and then re-hack your wii!
Do you remeber if you needed your sd card (or usb drive) in the wii to start the channel?

hi thanks for the reply,

it wasnt a forwarder channel, it was just a backup launcher,

and when you click on start, you just get a black screen.

i have been told it needs the nand flashing

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i cant believe i'm asking this question, i definitely belong in noob paradise for this one lol

I know that Zelda Twilight Princess was a trouble game in early USB Loaders and i'm pretty sure there is a definite solution to this now, i just can't find it anywhere after searching for a while and so i've returned to GBAtemp after months to ask this favour!

Can i get it to work through Hermes Uloader 5.1d? any particular IOS versions need installing or that the game needs to be loaded with to get the game to load properly?

the issue i have isnt the booting of the game, i get the wrist strap screen, i get the title screen (press A+B) and i get the main enter your name and horse name, but soon as i start adventure, it freezes, i get stuck on a black screen.

every single other game i have on the HDD loads perfectly, even newer games which i expected to have some stupid piracy protection (half expected DK country and Sonic Colours to have some).

i'm using hermes cIOS222, 37 merged 38 to load the game, and i'm sure the early USB loaders couldn't load this game at all due to different IOS being used for it, it was the same issue for red steel too i think.

dying to play it on the new 50" 3D (thats right 3D
wink.gif
) HD TV we got but the damn thing just wont work!

if you need any info on my problem at all t help out just ask and i'll give you what i missed out, or if it just doesnt work i'll settle for another loader if i can be bothered to download it, thats half my problem, lazyness

one thing, i CANNOT load through disc channel at all because my drive broke about a year ago, i think so thats a no no... just waiting on a triwing to come so i can open her up and clean the lens, dont wanna spend 14 quid on those discs with brushes to clean your lens, whats wrong with 1 quid triwing and some effort?? haha

azshorty2003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a couple of questions. I just hacked my wii the other day to use usb loader. everything is working fine there, but i wanted to know if there was a guide to tell me how to load roms from my hard drive. im only using a 512mb sd card and would rather everything go through my hd. I also found TryTheZombie's channels for each emulator which is something i also wanted to do. but can the channels be loaded from the hd as well or do they need to be on the sd card? theres enough room left if they do, but just wondering.

I'm sure its probably easy, but I'm new to this, and if I dont know how to do something I feel much more comfortable having a step by step guide. so is there one out there?

Didu50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
person66 said:
Didu50 said:
I have a Question.
tongue.gif
When was the wii bought? if its black, red, or a newer white wii it wont read dvd's.

DVDX wasn't there because it is dead, nothing uses it any more.

You can test if the wii can read dvd's by trying to load one (even a movie with WiiMC or something)

Okay, I'm not sure what WiiMC is so i'm not going to try that, but I went on Wii Drive chip database, and it returned that my wii has a 75 percent chance of having a gc2-d2c2 or a 25 percent chance of having gc2-d2c
Will this change my ability to play dvd backups? It says thast gc2-d2c2 has a metal clip.

Edit: Ffs, I entered the serial number incorrectly. 50% of GC2-D2C2, 25% of GC2-d2E and 25% of GC2-D2C

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
It will probably be ok in that case. D2C2 and before still booted dvd-r's fine.
Wii MC is an app that you can play videos in, put a dvd movie in the drive, download wiimc and launch it through the homebrew channel. Then try to boot the dvd

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
mikeyt1998 said:
i cant believe i'm asking this question, i definitely belong in noob paradise for this one lol

I know that Zelda Twilight Princess was a trouble game in early USB Loaders and i'm pretty sure there is a definite solution to this now, i just can't find it anywhere after searching for a while and so i've returned to GBAtemp after months to ask this favour!

Can i get it to work through Hermes Uloader 5.1d? any particular IOS versions need installing or that the game needs to be loaded with to get the game to load properly?

the issue i have isnt the booting of the game, i get the wrist strap screen, i get the title screen (press A+B) and i get the main enter your name and horse name, but soon as i start adventure, it freezes, i get stuck on a black screen.

every single other game i have on the HDD loads perfectly, even newer games which i expected to have some stupid piracy protection (half expected DK country and Sonic Colours to have some).

i'm using hermes cIOS222, 37 merged 38 to load the game, and i'm sure the early USB loaders couldn't load this game at all due to different IOS being used for it, it was the same issue for red steel too i think.

dying to play it on the new 50" 3D (thats right 3D
wink.gif
) HD TV we got but the damn thing just wont work!

if you need any info on my problem at all t help out just ask and i'll give you what i missed out, or if it just doesnt work i'll settle for another loader if i can be bothered to download it, thats half my problem, lazyness

one thing, i CANNOT load through disc channel at all because my drive broke about a year ago, i think so thats a no no... just waiting on a triwing to come so i can open her up and clean the lens, dont wanna spend 14 quid on those discs with brushes to clean your lens, whats wrong with 1 quid triwing and some effort?? haha
Been using USB loaders since the original wiiflow. Long before it was open source.
Never have I heard or seen of any issues booting Twilight Princess. Ever.
It wasn't a problematic game, it was the first game which could be used for exploiting, but other than that its normal and I have always been able to play this fine on wiiflow since first release.

Sounds like you may need to update an old ios. Try running a sysCheck to see what versions of everything you have installed then update em to the current ones with dop mii

Didu50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a non GC backup launcher ( I dont even have a damn controller or mem card yet)
How do you combine Iso parts? I got the iso of Penny racers party Turbo-Q speedway, but it's in 4 parts.. r00 r01 r02 and r03. How do you combine these? Would Wii Backup amanger do the trick?

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
get an app like 7zip, or winrar and just right click the first one (r00) and open the archive, inside it will have the .gcm
EDIT: Make sure all the files are in the same folder first

Extract it and then rename the gcm to iso.

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
morwim said:
Help please.... Is it possible to softmod my Wii, version 4.3 without using a game as described in the guide????
nope, not as of now anyway, and I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Can't you rent one of the games or something?

M.Prower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Random quick question, is DVD Dumper 1.3 still the best way to backup Wii discs via WiFi? I don't have an SD card large enough, so I have been using DVD Dumper 1.1 to make my backups. I just found out that v1.3 is out and was wondering if I should update to 1.3 or if there is something else better by now?

Munson_Jason08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys,

Im new to this whole things so i have a 4.3U wii that i have used Lego Jones to be able to get homebrew etc... i have no down graded it to a 4.1U and i have been downloading games and ether get a Error 002 or the game comes out in black/white. i was just wondering what i need to do to fix this. i am burning to disc and i always burn on ether 2x or 4x. any help would be greatful thank you!

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Munson_Jason08 said:
Hey Guys,

Im new to this whole things so i have a 4.3U wii that i have used Lego Jones to be able to get homebrew etc... i have no down graded it to a 4.1U and i have been downloading games and ether get a Error 002 or the game comes out in black/white. i was just wondering what i need to do to fix this. i am burning to disc and i always burn on ether 2x or 4x. any help would be greatful thank you!
For b/w, go to the video setting in your loader and force your region. What loader are you using?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Always :D