• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

North Korea and Trump

tetrabrik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mentioned a crazy guy with bombs and something prove, Obama authorized over 26,000 bombs dropped in 2016 alone so I assumed you were talking about him

Obama also authorized more drone strikes in his first year than Bush's entire 8 years in office

yeah nice straw man. notice I didn't bring Obama up, because I'm not here to say trump=bad, obama=good.

Unlike you, I'm not stuck in an republican/democratic false dichotomy, and can freely criticize both this president AND the one before. Crazy I know!!

Because let's face it, they're all subservient to their donors, which in the end is driven by the military industrial complex (biggest money-making machine in existence)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
HAHAHA Want to hear something really hilarious that i just read:

North Korea’s Missile Success Is Linked to Ukrainian Plant, Investigators Say

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/14/world/asia/north-korea-missiles-ukraine-factory.html / http://hotair.com/archives/2017/08/14/russia-north-korea-connection-icbm-development-emerges/

This just makes me feel as if Russia was behind NKs rise in the nuclear development field because they have been really quite during these past 2 weeks of rhetoric.

And another interesting piece of news would be this:

http://www.news.com.au/world/missil...t/news-story/ff9e0926f948b56c660b718e949993fa

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work...e/news-story/3f61f240f53ab3e111b5acfeb608637f

So they supposedly are setting up submarine and land based missiles into position. This is probably nothing though.....i mean it is probably for kims birthday (i mean what surpreme overlord wouldnt want a birthday with big fireworks)

But joking aside

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/0...oncerns-missile-launch-could-be-imminent.html

So he supposedly has gone incognito again and the last time he did this was prior to the ICBM launch.

I am still hoping that, this whole war of words is over. But only time will tell..........

Last edited by Abu_Senpai,

wolfmankurd

Trophies
XP
Country
This just makes me feel as if Russia was behind NKs rise in the nuclear development field because they have been really quite during these past 2 weeks of rhetoric.

Why would you blame Russia when China neighbours DPRK and has previously leaked nuclear weapons tech (Pakistan)? China miliatarily and finacially supports DPRK. So whats Russia got to do with it?

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Why would you blame Russia when China neighbours DPRK and has previously leaked nuclear weapons tech (Pakistan)? China miliatarily and finacially supports DPRK. So whats Russia got to do with it?

Russia and China are both NKs biggest friends, China more than Russia of course. And if we did go to war then i can definitely see those two countries taking NKs side in order to, how do i put it "deal with old rivals". But that is just a hypothetical scenario of course. Do note that i am not blaming Russia per say but i am definitely stating that Both Russia and China are likely helping North Korea with their weapons program. However, whether or not Putin or Moscow is approving of this is another situation altogether.

If you had read either of the sources then it clearly states that "North Korea’s rapid missile-program improvements can likely be traced back to a black-market factory that used to produce the Soviet Union’s most deadly weaponry, according to a new report and classified assessments by U.S. intel agencies. It is not believed that North Korea could have made such big leaps forward in their nuclear-weapons program without outside help. The former Soviet factory is just over the Russian border in Ukraine. “It’s likely that these engines came from Ukraine—probably illicitly,” Michael Elleman of the International Institute for Strategic Studies told The New York Times. “The big question is how many they have and whether the Ukrainians are helping them now. I’m very worried.”

So even if the Russian government isn't directly involved, someone in those neck of the woods helped NKs weapon program to become what it is now. Before they were failing tests and then suddenly they can launch an ICBM! . I am sure they diddnt manage to carry out such an accomplishment alone and this new information is supporting this theory.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, there's one crazy guy with *Maybe* one atomic bomb. that may or may not work.
and another crazy guy with over 20 thousand of them, and a lot to prove.
I know who I'm more scared of
Supposedly NK has at least 50, and that number could triple over the next few months. Remember that they have the 3rd largest military in the world, too
You mentioned a crazy guy with bombs and something prove, Obama authorized over 26,000 bombs dropped in 2016 alone so I assumed you were talking about him

Obama also authorized more drone strikes in his first year than Bush's entire 8 years in office
Correct. Bombs, not nukes. And there's also the fact that drones weren't exactly a thing in the Bush era, so no duh he would have used them more

tetrabrik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supposedly NK has at least 50, and that number could triple over the next few months. Remember that they have the 3rd largest military in the world, too

[citation needed]

I was not aware of them having the 3rd largest military in the world? A quick search on google says they're not even in the top 20, based on military spending.

wolfmankurd

Trophies
XP
Country

Correct. Bombs, not nukes. And there's also the fact that drones weren't exactly a thing in the Bush era, so no duh he would have used them more

DPRK is definitely not seeking to nuke anybody. They have what they want, an iron grip on their country and the right people getting rich. If DPRK was attacked even using conventional weapons they'd risk a nuke being used.

The moment that happens the world start nuclear rearmement -- needless to say this is very bad.

They are working on submarine launches too (judging by the amount of cold launch tests they are doing). Even if they can't launch from a sub at this point even a large nuke would be problematic if it went off very close to land/international waters.

If the above does happen and miraculously all goes well, you bet Iran will now have further legitimized it's need for nuclear armament.

War never gets rid of weapons. It invariably spreads the technology and perfects it.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
. Remember that they have the 3rd largest military in the world, too

Their 3rd? seriously?

Doesnt it go:

1.USA
2. China
3. Russia

I am really curious as to where they rank, i heard news recently that they had a increase in volunters recently:

Edit: here is that info

Source:https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-army-idUSKBN1AS091

3.5 Million..............

2490273-2013-05-30+12.48.39.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

DPRK is definitely not seeking to nuke anybody. They have what they want, an iron grip on their country and the right people getting rich. If DPRK was attacked even using conventional weapons they'd risk a nuke being used.

The moment that happens the world start nuclear rearmement -- needless to say this is very bad.

They are working on submarine launches too (judging by the amount of cold launch tests they are doing). Even if they can't launch from a sub at this point even a large nuke would be problematic if it went off very close to land/international waters.

If the above does happen and miraculously all goes well, you bet Iran will now have further legitimized it's need for nuclear armament.

War never gets rid of weapons. It invariably spreads the technology and perfects it.

Oh and regarding Iran: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-40916827

Yeah so their on the way to become NK part II

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[citation needed]

I was not aware of them having the 3rd largest military in the world? A quick search on google says they're not even in the top 20, based on military spending.
I retract that statement lol. I swear I read that somewhere, unless it's a population/military participation ratio or something

Edit: It appears to be TWENTY-third, so I probably misheard something somewhere. Still not something to balk at though

Last edited by TotalInsanity4,

bobbytomorow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct. Bombs, not nukes.

and?

And there's also the fact that drones weren't exactly a thing in the Bush era, so no duh he would have used them more

Drones have been active in operations in the middle east since 2000 and armed drones since 2001 (after 9/11), Obama authorized more drone strikes in just his first year of presidency than all 8 years of Bush's presidency combined

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clinton would've at least had in-office experience, and is married to someone who was considered an AMAZING pres.

Only idiots who say things like "Clinton sucks! She would be worse than [or as bad as] Trump!" are FUCKING IDIOTS WHO HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT POLITICS.

Just saying. All these people who bash here are fucking idiots who just bandwaggon based upon that email shit that went down. She's a very smart lady who would do very well as presi, likely.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Letting Korea have nukes was this generations version of appeasement, it was a concept explored at the beginning of world war II.... The allies and what was posing as the UN at the time (too lazy to look it up) figured if they let Hitler and the Nazi's have the first 2 or 3 countries that they invaded and not go to war over it, the Nazi's would stop... lol They did just long enough to rebuild and take over factories and stuff.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
And Kim's decision is to.....

See for yourself: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-40931775

And for those who are too lazy then here are the key points from that link:

"North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has been briefed on a plan to fire missiles towards the US Pacific territory of Guam, state media says.

But the report said he would watch US actions before making a decision on "the enveloping fire at Guam

Last week, the North said a plan was being drawn up to fire four missiles into the sea off Guam, where US bombers are based.

It came amid a sharp rise in rhetoric between the US and North Korea.

The report on state news agency KCNA said Kim Jong-un "examined the plan for a long time" and discussed it with senior military officials.

The commander of North Korea's strategic force was waiting for orders "after rounding off the preparations for the enveloping fire at Guam", the report added.

It quoted Kim Jong-un as saying: "The United States, which was the first to bring numerous strategic nuclear equipment near us, should first make the right decision and show through actions if they wish to ease tensions on the Korean peninsula and prevent a dangerous military clash."

He ordered the army to be ready to launch the missiles if he made a decision for action, the report added."

He is not acting rash for once. Could be good news but he is still prepping those missles like the sources in my previous post stated.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i really don't care what happens to the human race (myself included) if anyone survives ww3 maybe humanity will realize their damn mistakes and not repeat them.....seriously i don't care about my own well being i'm washed up my fiance left me of 2 years (12 years knowing her) no job just a HS diploma and am on government funds

Last edited by chrisrlink,

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
maybe you should not have startet with insulting people that might have a different oppinion than you Thirty3Three ...
And saying Clinton would be good because she is married to a good politician makes no sense at all !
So If you would accidently Marry someone who did some mass murder you will be a perfect mass murder as well ? completely stupid.
Its the same with all these President Wifes like in France right now where people were debating if its okay for Macrons wife to get funds and stuff only because she is married to him. The people did NOT vote for her or any other presidents wife and she should not get a sincle cent from the countrys funds as she has nothing to do with it.
Even though many (if not all) loved Obamas wife, i think its exactly the same thing there. If she wants to play the good girl and help people than she should do it with her own funds and not with tax money.

Well doesn't matter much,
We will see whats going to happen next. I doubt that we will need to wait that long.

Reactions: bobbytomorow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up