Hacking Not really sure what I need.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Yepi69: Updating your system menu does absolutely nothing pertaining to playing backups, vc, homebrew!
You're following a guide off youtube, yeah, THATS the ticket. Brickit.
Most unsafe way to go.....
Have you even read up on ModMii, and all it can do?
Your Wii does not need an internet connection to use ModMii, and it generates a step by step guide you can print out for your particular Wii to hack it.
@OP: Just use ModMii, its a PC app that downloads ALL files you will need. Have a 2GB SD card handy

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st rule of Wii hacking.... DONT UPDATE!!!!!
2nd rule of anything in life.... don't follow youtube guides

now that we got that out of the way...

I recommend using ModMii. Like ddetkowski said before, you don't need to have your Wii online to use it.
That program will download everything you need to update your System Menu, install the needed IOS and CIOS, and the homebrew needed to perform the install.

The last useful update to the System Menu is 4.1. Going beyond that is just useless. So... if you are still on 3.2 you are lucky :).

ModMii will auto generate a guide for you to follow to make everything correct. But, if you actually want to know what you are doing, try to visit this site and read everything.
That's how I learned, at first I was like :huh:, but now I'm an expert... nah, just kidding :P, it's not that hard... just read, understand, and be sure of knowing what you are doing and why you are doing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ken so your saying there is a chance? Lol