PS1/2 Now my PS2 won't detect the internal hard drive.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's entirely possible that your HDD is switching to Sleep Mode when in the PS2 - this is a well-known issue when it comes to using HDD's with adapters or external enclosures. Can you post the brand and model of the hard drive? I sincerely doubt that it's the Network Adapter's fault to be honest - more often than not the issue is simple.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He posted the amazon link it is

Seagate ST3160215ACE 160GB

I see no issues reported when checking the compatibility database.....
I put a bad hard drive in mine and HD loader froze like the problem in this thread, but he said the drive works fine connected to the PC with winhiip

jinnpan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use winhiip, format to HDLoader 48bit
Load games with winhiip
Set HDD to Master and add some paper to the back of the PS2 HDD bay.
The paper will push the HDD to the Connection of the NA making better contact, sometimes it becomes loose.
Load HDLoader and wait about 1 minute, It takes a few minutes to create the games list the first time you load the HDD.

Reactions: SmokeyTheDog

Viserion

Trophies
XP
Country
I had a similar problem with a seagate hdd. the problem with mines was it was overheating and the ps2 wouldnt detect it. my solution was to use a laptop cooling pad but any kind of fan should do if you place it nearby

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i "WAS" using the seagate st3160215ace 160 and it "SEEMED" compatible but after 2 days the ps2 completely ignores this drive, i can format it 100 times and it will no longer be detected in ps2 anymore. tried full format twice and many quick formats in winhiip. works fin in windows but not in ps2 anymore. i thought it was my adapter but then i put my western digital caviar 120gb in and my ps2 reads and recognizes it again.

Reactions: GamerSince83

zakm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for this massive necrobump, but I'm having a similar issue here, just got a network adapter and a Maxtor hard drive, 320GB, the model seems to be D33019 and I saw it in the compatibility list.
Network Adapter is official Sony, used.

I plug in the HDD and I can CLEARLY hear it spinning down as soon as the PS2 menu opens, so it's not working. It works fine on PC. I read that this could hint at incompatible hard drive, but it doesn't seem to me like it is incompatible?
Could it be the Network Adapter? The IDE and power port are rather wobbly, but I noticed no issues on closer inspection (seems to be meant to be that wobbly).
Network Adapter does fit rather easily and softly into socket, maybe it is worn out (PS2 had never had a Network Adapter connected to it before).

Any ideas? IS it the HD or the NA or both? Gotta figure out what to send back and replace.

Thanks!

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the HDD is not the problem, the fuses mostly likely are. They are either dying or dead, especially from a sudden disconnect from the network adapter. Solder in new HDD fuses ("50").

motherboard fuse locations: http://www.ps2-home.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2779
50.jpeg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...