Gaming NSP / XCI file questions

NEO-BAHAMUT-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all apologies if this has been put in the wrong section. I wasn’t sure where this would go.

I’m just wondering if there is a section on NSP files otherwise known as eshop titles.

Is there an FAQ on what they are and how people are using them?

I thought rom backups were in the .XCI format and I have seen there are games I actually own which are in both formats. I’m guessing that’s because it was released as a physical game and eshop title.

There is also CDNSP gui which I have seen but it doesn’t give any idea as to what it is, does, or how to use it.

Anyway is there any info on these things and how to use the tools?

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Maybe I am mistaken but proably .nsp is .cia (package) like on 3ds and .xci is .3ds (rom) like on 3ds again. You can update, add dlc to xci games via nsp installing.

NEO-BAHAMUT-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe I am mistaken but proably .nsp is .cia (package) like on 3ds and .xci is .3ds (rom) like on 3ds again. You can update, add dlc to xci games via nsp installing.

I understand that may be the case. I thought that anyone in the know would have put a guide / faq together as to what they are, what there used for etc.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I understand that may be the case. I thought that anyone in the know would have put a guide / faq together as to what they are, what there used for etc.
NSP are eShop games, updates and DLCs from the eShop.
XCI are cartridge dumps.
XCIs can be launched through Team Xecuter's backup loader in SX OS while NSP are a bit more complicated to deal with. You need some kind of dev menu which you inject into Pokémon (that free quest game) and then you can install NSP files from there if as far as I recall.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'll stick with my kimchi thank you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Triglycerides almost 900
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce +1