Hacking NSW SD files builder

mondul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, all.

Every time a new firmware version goes out I used to update Atmosphère, Hekate and SPs manually by deleting the atmosphere and bootloader folders, downloading the latest zips and extracting them back to my SD. I got tired of searching for the zips so I made a small program in GoLang for that.

What it does:
  • Downloads the latest atmosphère from the GitHub releases
  • Downloads the latest Hekate from the GitHub releases
  • Downloads the latest SPs from the ShadowOne333 post
  • Downloads the latest Lockpick_RCM from the GitHub releases
  • Extracts everything to a folder to be copied to the SD
  • As a bonus, creates the exosphère config file for EmuMMC and the default hosts file for atmosphère
Here's the source code if you want to check it out and have any suggestions. Enjoy!

Changelog:
  • build 02: Added GUI in GoLang, works with latest firmware 18 stuff, .NET framework version dropped
  • v1.0.2.0: Add Hekate's payload.bin (or SX Gear's boot.dat) extraction, fixed Lockpick
  • v1.0.1.0: Add bootlogo.zip extraction
  • v1.0.0.0: Add DBI, GUI in .NET Framework 4.8
  • build 01: Add Lockpick_RCM to the Hekate payloads folder
  • build 00: Initial release

Note: I know there's HATS around, but I find it too bloated for my taste. Also if you check the source code every reference to the big N (and to this forum) is obfuscated just in case

Attachments

• Make_NSW_SD.rar
    8.8 MB · Views: 8
Last edited by mondul,

mondul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Recently I found this post with some boot logos so I added the automated extraction feature. Just rename your boot logo to bootlogo.zip, put in inside the workdir folder and it will be extracted to the right atmosphere folder. I'm using the attached one for my NSW, it's the PSX logo when a game boots up, hope you like it as well.

Attachments

• bootlogo.zip
    668.3 KB · Views: 7

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Andy didn't get any catholic toys because they wouldn't go limp when they saw him