Hacking NTR 3.4 Screen Recorder Test Thread

EternalSeekerX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've found that using a QoS of 100 gets rid of the drops from completely disabling it.

Well it seems like I can increase quality and still have the same issue. So I'll try to use QoS of 100. Unfortunately I have multiple devices on my wifi but majority are turned off. I also have multiple wired devices to, even if they are turned off would there still be interference? Also I used a wifi analyzer and there are so many signals at different channels. Though my wifi signal strength is higher on channel 6 so I am using that.

Try this command
remoteplay(priorityMode = 0, priorityFactor = 0, quality = 85, qosValue = 101)
It will speed up the Gameplay for ~ 10FPS (For me personally)

Thought not really directly related to my post, I'll try to use this command to, I assume not a lot goes on in the bottom screen of MHU hence why you disabled it.

RedSoloFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it seems like I can increase quality and still have the same issue. So I'll try to use QoS of 100. Unfortunately I have multiple devices on my wifi but majority are turned off. I also have multiple wired devices to, even if they are turned off would there still be interference? Also I used a wifi analyzer and there are so many signals at different channels. Though my wifi signal strength is higher on channel 6 so I am using that.

Thought not really directly related to my post, I'll try to use this command to, I assume not a lot goes on in the bottom screen of MHU hence why you disabled it.
It's of course hard to tell with different networks but as for me I have multiple Devices running even with Netflix and such running with 0 issues. It usually runs at 100% quality, ~30fps minimum, and with maybe a dropped frame every 30 seconds or so. Not really noticeable.

EternalSeekerX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's of course hard to tell with different networks but as for me I have multiple Devices running even with Netflix and such running with 0 issues. It usually runs at 100% quality, ~30fps minimum, and with maybe a dropped frame every 30 seconds or so. Not really noticeable.

Are you running the base quality of 90? On both screens ?

RedSoloFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you running the base quality of 90? On both screens ?
Yep. Bottom screen is a bit laggy but I havent experimented with working with it yet since the bottom screen usually doesn't need max fps. I use 90 and it bumps it up to 100 (shown in the viewer) I'm sure the bottom could be increased some though.

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After *A LOT* of testing I found that using the wifi fix and soft resetting locks up the system consistently after 34 soft resets.

Here is my video with the frame rate usually staying in the 44-54 range which is about 12 better then going online in game which uses more bandwidth.

I'm also on 11.0 firm with the newer bootntr which supports it

Shiny Zekrom

Reactions: NekoMichi

slatis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Finally a few days ago, i decided to try NTR preview 2 with the Monster Hunter Generations Demo, and the result is awesome, most of the time it stayed at 20/25 FPS with no frame losing.

I'm using a TRENDnet Wireless N 300 and my WiFi network is established on 802.11n Only Mode, so far it's the one that has given me best results.

Here is the result:

Its really a shame that the developer decided to stop working on this amazing cfw :(

Last edited by slatis,
Reactions: NekoMichi

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I've made a test of NTR recordings under optimised conditions for multiple games:

The exact args I used are:
remoteplay(priorityMode = 0, priorityFactor = 0, quality = 90, qosValue = 101)

Games tested:
00:00 - Home Menu
00:30 - Bravely Default
01:15 - Mario Kart 7
02:00 - Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
03:00 - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
04:00 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
05:00 - Fire Emblem Awakening
06:00 - Resident Evil Revelations
07:00 - Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
08:00 - Hyrule Warriors Legends
09:00 - Pokémon X/Y

EternalSeekerX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here is my third attemp at a proper setting. I have to give hats off to the creator, this was recorded during the day when everyone in the house was using the internet!!

Setting used was: remoteplay(priorityMode = 0, priorityFactor = 0, quality = 80, qosValue = 100)!

Which settings should I tweak to get it more smooth? Also do the frame drops bother anyone watching the video? I wanna do dem lets playz

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Is there no work around for this and please don't say no because it's closed source :/
A workaround is unlikely even if it was open source because NTR runs as a layer on top of CTR firmware, which stops running altogether in DS mode. It might be easier to record DS gameplay through an emulator on PC though.

Ramzh

I am a living meme
Trophies
XP
Country
After *A LOT* of testing I found that using the wifi fix and soft resetting locks up the system consistently after 34 soft resets.

Here is my video with the frame rate usually staying in the 44-54 range which is about 12 better then going online in game which uses more bandwidth.

I'm also on 11.0 firm with the newer bootntr which supports it

Shiny Zekrom

How did you separate the two screens?

EternalSeekerX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How did you separate the two screens?

I to want to know, I am assuming your using OBS? Are you running simultaneous capture windows? Or is there a code for the ntr viewer app that does this? Also what setttings are you running for the remote play? How far is the router, how many connection is on the 2.4Ghz ban?

Framerate looks beast!!

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I to want to know, I am assuming your using OBS? Are you running simultaneous capture windows? Or is there a code for the ntr viewer app that does this? Also what setttings are you running for the remote play? How far is the router, how many connection is on the 2.4Ghz ban?

Framerate looks beast!!

I am not running any special remoteplay settings just the defaults done by running "remoteplay()"
I would guess I am about 18 feet from the router and the 3DS is the only thing on the 2.4 GHz band (My laptop which recorded the video is on the 5 Ghz.

I also from prior knowledge knew that using mixed modes on a router can slow it down a little so I set the 2.4 Ghz to be G-only

To separate the windows with OBS I just added a second source with the "use existing" option to have two copies of the NTR Viewer window. Please note don't do any cropping to either when setting the source up at the window capture selection screen. Since that messes it up.

After having two copies of both the top and bottom going right click on one of the sources and edit the transform. Do the cropping in that window. When that is done edit the transform on the other to crop it down to the alternate screen.

Ramzh

I am a living meme
Trophies
XP
Country
I am not running any special remoteplay settings just the defaults done by running "remoteplay()"
I would guess I am about 18 feet from the router and the 3DS is the only thing on the 2.4 GHz band (My laptop which recorded the video is on the 5 Ghz.

I also from prior knowledge knew that using mixed modes on a router can slow it down a little so I set the 2.4 Ghz to be G-only

To separate the windows with OBS I just added a second source with the "use existing" option to have two copies of the NTR Viewer window. Please note don't do any cropping to either when setting the source up at the window capture selection screen. Since that messes it up.

After having two copies of both the top and bottom going right click on one of the sources and edit the transform. Do the cropping in that window. When that is done edit the transform on the other to crop it down to the alternate screen.
Thanks that will be really helpful! :)

geobou

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im having issues with ntr and i dont now how to fix it.... every time i type remoteplay() this comes out.... Anyone know how to fix it?
Will be disconnected in 10 seconds to enhance performance.
cpu was locked on 804MHz, L2 Enabled
starting remoteplay...
buf: 07001000, size: 0003f000
remotePC: 001231d0
> disconnect()
null
Unable to read data from the transport connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.
Server disconnected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8