Hacking NTR CFW 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanuskun

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Works for me on new3DS, never tested old3DS. You can try Y+X after starting something else (do not close MH4U, that will like Sm4sh load your sysNAND).
CONFIRMED! NTR is closing when playing MH4U.

I started another game while MH4U is not closed (Fire Emblem to be exact), after pressing X+Y nothing happened.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Works for me on new3DS, never tested old3DS. You can try Y+X after starting something else (do not close MH4U, that will like Sm4sh load your sysNAND).

Tried to close MH4U or SSB after taking screenshots on N3DS, won't load sysNAND but O3DS. For SSB, after closing, NTR will be ended on EmuNAND, need a reboot.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know if there is a way to use this to upgrade my sysnand from 8.1J to 9.2? I only have a gateway and OoT, no CN.
You can use rxtools' Devmode + sysupdater for that.

Edit: oh, I guess you're using a N3DS? RxTools wouldn't work in that case :(

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@cell9
Is there a way to write a single byte into the RAM with NTR Debugger? For some reason I always have to enter a minimum of two bytes for it to work

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New CFW is always nice but can someone who is knowledgeable tell me what this does that others can't (besides screenshots of course)?

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@cell9
Is there a way to write a single byte into the RAM with NTR Debugger? For some reason I always have to enter a minimum of two bytes for it to work

Workaround, read bytes and keep the other to fullfil min. bytes.

New CFW is always nice but can someone who is knowledgeable tell me what this does that others can't (besides screenshots of course)?

Read up NTR 2.2 > Same but now with emuNAND/old3DS Support.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshots, plugins, debugger. If you expect to use this on its own, you won't get very far. If your goal is to augment that functionality (which worked great in NTR2) to whatever else you have, this is what you need.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Workaround, read bytes and keep the other to fullfil min. bytes.

Can you do that with only the debugger though? I know that you can read bytes when making plugins (but you can also write a single byte there) but how would you read a byte in the Debugger? You'd have to store it as a variable to use it later, too...

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you do that with only the debugger though? I know that you can read bytes when making plugins (but you can also write a single byte there) but how would you read a byte in the Debugger? You'd have to store it as a variable to use it later, too...
You can dump memory in the debugger as well, though dumping a single byte I doubt (not that it matters since you know where it should be, right?)

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There is no VAR needed, only on the fly the commands to read/write or dump.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...eu-us-aus-new-3ds.385142/page-26#post-5476380

Instead of dumping, without filename you can display it inside debugger (use a small range!).

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshots, plugins, debugger. If you expect to use this on its own, you won't get very far. If your goal is to augment that functionality (which worked great in NTR2) to whatever else you have, this is what you need.
i'll stick with PASTA and wait for rxTools

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'll stick with PASTA and wait for rxTools
Fair enough. This is really more of "if you need it, you know you need it" currently, though its big feature of this version is booting it from other solutions.
Though considering your response, I doubt you have need for it presently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3