Hacking NTRCFW 3.4 Preview1(Support video output on New 3DS)

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that preview 2 doesn't work on my system at all... :(
Here is the procedure I used for testing both previews:

Preview 1
N3DS
Deleted/uninstalled all preinstalled ntr.bin and bootntr.cia files
Copied across preview 1 ntr.bin to mSD root
Installed preview 1 bootntr.cia via DevMenu

PC
Launched preview 1 FakeProxy

N3DS
Launched BootNTR, started debbugger

PC
Opened preview 1 ntrclient
>connect('192.168.0.101', 8000)
Connection successful on first attempt
Opened ntrviewer
>remoteplay()
Video mirroring successful

Preview 2
N3DS
Deleted/uninstalled all preinstalled ntr.bin and bootntr.cia files
Copied across preview 2 ntr.bin to mSD root
Installed preview 2 bootntr.cia via DevMenu

PC
Launched preview 2 FakeProxy

N3DS
Launched BootNTR, started debbugger

PC
Opened preview 2 ntrclient
>connect('192.168.0.101', 8000)
Connection unsuccessful on first attempt, returns several lines of Python errors
Connection works eventually without changing the initial command
Opened ntrviewer
>remoteplay()
Video mirroring unsuccessful, returns invalid quality error
>remoteplay(priorityMode = 0, priorityFactor = 0, quality = 90, qosValue = 30)
Video mirroring unsuccessful, returns several lines of Python errors
Repeating the same command returns the same errors, even after 10 repeats
Connection to 3DS automatically fails over time
Does it work for you without using the proxy servers at all? Not that I think it matters but just curious. Also what seemed to fix it for me was merging the old/new preview folders and replacing whatever it asked. Both NTR.cia are exactly the same so that shouldn't matter. I notice I still get the revsc10000 error when I use my LAN on the computer vs Wi-FI on the same network. This version doesn't seem to like my LAN at all. Try running the commands as admin if you haven't and also consider adding the "take ownership" command if you haven't in your registry. I forgot to mention I did that as well on all the NTR folders. I ran the "take ownership" in CMD to overwrite the REG protection and give the system FULL access. Still can't get my LAN to work with Preview 2 though.

Reactions: NekoMichi

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone tried using ntr to stream on twitch? And how was the performance and quality on the viewer side? Any bottlenecking that results in poor twitch stream quality?

Last edited by cooroxd,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious how does the video streaming impact playing online?

Is it reliant on the potential speed of the router or does it really use my bandwidth?
It doesn't seem to effect the throughput very much on a decongested network. Obviously it's still using your bandwidth but not enough to really effect latency. Unless you're playing something with high rendered animations, or high RAM usage of the DS. Seems the viewer takes direct advantage of the quad cores to boost streaming over wi-fi. Games that also access the extra memory in the n3ds seem to falter during gameplay. Especially Xenoblade 3D.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Has anyone tried using ntr to stream on twitch? And was the performance and quality on the viewer side? Any bottlenecking that results in poor twitch stream quality?
I did one the other day. I was WonderTrading Pokemon on stream and it seemed to work just fine. No quality loss for the most part and maybe an average of 7-10 dropped framed on the WT connections before it returned stable. You can find the video on my twitch archives. Twitch.tv/Majickhat

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't seem to effect the throughput very much on a decongested network. Obviously it's still using your bandwidth but not enough to really effect latency. Unless you're playing something with high rendered animations, or high RAM usage of the DS. Seems the viewer takes direct advantage of the quad cores to boost streaming over wi-fi. Games that also access the extra memory in the n3ds seem to falter during gameplay. Especially Xenoblade 3D.

I did one the other day. I was WonderTrading Pokemon on stream and it seemed to work just fine. No quality loss for the most part and maybe an average of 7-10 dropped framed on the WT connections before it returned stable. You can find the video on my twitch archives. Twitch.tv/Majickhat

How about wifi viewers battles?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about wifi viewers battles?
I saw another vid of someone else testing the wi-fi battles and that seemed just as stable assuming you have a good stable connection. Frames were averaging about 25-30 on Preview 1. I can only imagine it has improved a bit on preview 2.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I saw another vid of someone else testing the wi-fi battles and that seemed just as stable assuming you have a good stable connection. Frames were averaging about 25-30 on Preview 1. I can only imagine it has improved a bit on preview 2.

And for the sound, all you need is male to male aux cable right? And does the sounds sync?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And for the sound, all you need is male to male aux cable right? And does the sounds sync?
Yeah, if you have a mic input on your PC you just need a M/M aux cable. I haven't tried sound myself since I have a dual headphone/mic jack on my Laptop and it only wants to read headphones. Still trying to figure that one out Lol.

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
It should be in sync for most screen recorders. I've noticed that using QuickTime on a virtual machine results in sound being a few milliseconds ahead of the video, but most people won't be using that setup.
I have a dual headphone/mic jack on my Laptop and it only wants to read headphones. Still trying to figure that one out Lol.
Is it one of those combi audio ports? I think those are supposed to work with headphones that have built-in microphones so the headphone and microphone are working at the same time through the same port. Maybe the screen recorder you use will have settings to point the audio input to that port?

Last edited by NekoMichi,
Reactions: Majickhat55

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It should be in sync for most screen recorders. I've noticed that using QuickTime on a virtual machine results in sound being a few milliseconds ahead of the video, but most people won't be using that setup.

So how would I set up the sound with the ntr viewer?

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
So how would I set up the sound with the ntr viewer?
NTR Viewer itself doesn't have audio mirroring features, you'll have to set it up separately with your screen capture software. Usually people connect the 3DS to their PC's line-in port via a double-ended 3.5mm audio cable and then set the audio input on their screen recorder to use that.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is it one of those combi audio ports? I think those are supposed to work with headphones that have built-in microphones so the headphone and microphone are working at the same time through the same port. Maybe the screen recorder you use will have settings to point the audio input to that port?

Yeah TBH I haven't tried messing with the sound yet. I do have two headsets with mic, but neither seem to register with windows when plugged in as a mic, only headphones. I use Bandicam to record the video so perhaps that can, like you said choose the correct mic device. Guess I'll test that now. I've also heard deleting the stock mic driver for the laptop will correct the issue.

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Replaced the old NTRbugger/NTRViewer folders with the new ones by merging, not replacing entirely (for some reason a newly created config_xml throws the syntax error, I kept the old one from preview 1 in the NTRbugger folder)
5.Merged the NTRviewer folder with the old one.
6. Ran the program like normal and it worked fine :D
Thanks, I'll try using the merging method as opposed to setting everything up like new. Maybe that's why the commands won't work.

Have to wait until after work to see if this works, fingers crossed! :)

Reactions: Majickhat55

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can it get 60fps video? I feel like it'd be fun to get for Smash.

codeluca

Trophies
Website
www.lucacesarano.tk
XP
Country
Italy
And one last question, has anyone tried streaming xenoblade or monster hunter 4? Or is it still too laggy?

I'm uploading a video of MH4U, i'll post it here.

UPDATE: here's the video:

20 fps stable on hunting and 30 fps on the lobby.

Much better than the Preview1 (~10 fps). If we can achieve another 10 fps for this game, it could be totally playable.

Last edited by codeluca,
Reactions: NekoMichi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT