Homebrew RELEASE NX Activity Log - View (slightly) more detailed play statistics!

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello there, loving your homebrew, just start using it, but got me to my Wii times thanks a lot.

A couple of suggestions:
  • After you get the code of NX-Activity-Log-NPE with the starting folder dynamic, you could consider put the login.txt file on SD:/Config/NX-Activity-Log-NPE to go with the flow of the majority of homebrew.
  • Add a section on "settings" menu to edit the config.txt file (user & password fields)
  • When selecting "Upload to Nintendo Profiles" a sort of progress bar could be useful, or any feedback, in some of my test the screen seems freezed but only took more time than expected to upload the data.
  • On the page https://www.phalk.net/nintendo after creating my profile, even if my browser is on English and my OS is on English too, the confirmation message was on kinda "Spanish" (I live on Colombia), let me know if I can help you with the translations of the page and/or NX-Activity-Log-NPE.
  • Consider push NPE to tallbl0nde's github.
Thanks a lot for your hard work.

Thank you for the suggestions!
Yeah, I thought about using the already existing NXAL config.ini in the config directory to store the username and password but I decided to make a separate file in the same place as the NRO for ease of use right now. The next step is to be able to edit the username and password from within the settings, like you suggested, then it would save it in the default config.ini and there would be no need for a separate file.
About the feedback, I agree, I should take a better look at Aether so I could at least pop a message up to report it was successful or a failed upload. But you're right: the default behaviour is a little freeze while it is uploading the data.
About the message, opsie, that was a slip on my part, since I'm a native portuguese speaker (that was the language you saw haha).

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thank you for the suggestions!
Yeah, I thought about using the already existing NXAL config.ini in the config directory to store the username and password but I decided to make a separate file in the same place as the NRO for ease of use right now. The next step is to be able to edit the username and password from within the settings, like you suggested, then it would save it in the default config.ini and there would be no need for a separate file.
About the feedback, I agree, I should take a better look at Aether so I could at least pop a message up to report it was successful or a failed upload. But you're right: the default behaviour is a little freeze while it is uploading the data.
About the message, opsie, that was a slip on my part, since I'm a native portuguese speaker (that was the language you saw haha).
ohh, I see, yes that´s why seems a little "odd" but in Portuguese is OK, sorry, I mean no to make any assumptions. Don't forget I could help to translate to Spanish booth the page and the code, I am not versed on Portuguese but can read basic one.

Reactions: lordelan and phalk

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Now you can share your entries individually and the meta-data updates accordingly. Example on discord (also works on other social medias):

This link https://www.phalk.net/nintendo/profile.php?id=1&share=0100000011d90000 embeds on Discord like this:
1661380680838.png

Btw, sorry for hijacking the thread with this project, I'll make a separate thread about it.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
@phalk thanks for doing this, the page has a very professional looking, and can monitorizing and organize my big backlog :P

I can't make it display all my games however, some missing games: SMT V, ApeOut, DOOM 64, SMT III, Ryza 2, Metal Slug Serie, Resident Evil serie, Kirby Super Star, Yoshi's Crafted World, Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem 3 Houses, Fire Emblem Warriors, Hyrule Warriors, GRIS, Dex, West of Dead, Ace Attorney Trilogy, DKCR: TF, Forgotton Anne, Cave Story+, Ikaruga, Binding of Isaac, BoTW, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, etc... All of them are USA releases, if that matters, maybe they have different ID from EUR/JAP

Last edited by cucholix,

Nytrite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
If I clicked the Home Button or switched the Switch to sleep while the game is running, will it count towards total playtime?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I clicked the Home Button or switched the Switch to sleep while the game is running, will it count towards total playtime?

Not 100% sure but I’m extremely curious. Please try the following:

1) note your play time in one game.
2) start the game and click the home button (or switch the Switch to sleep)
3) go do something else for a bit and note about how much time you spent doing it.
4) open the game back up and exit properly.
5) compare your play time and see if it now includes the amount of time your switch was out of the game/sleeping.
6) report back here w/ the results.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: mathew77

Nytrite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Not 100% sure but I’m extremely curious. Please try the following:

1) note your play time in one game.
2) start the game and click the home button (or switch the Switch to sleep)
3) go do something else for a bit and note about how much time you spent doing it.
4) open the game back up and exit properly.
5) compare your play time and see if it now includes the amount of time your switch was out of the game/sleeping.
6) report back here w/ the results.
Apologies, I wanted to try this but apparently the app isn't working on my Switch anymore. It doesn't display any of the games I play.

I'm on 15.0.1 | AMS 1.4.0|E

• Sad
Reactions: binkinator

RadMcFist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@tallbl0nde
Now that's a tool for me!
Since as the dev of it you already know how to deal with the log stored on SYSTEM:/save, can you tell me how to inject the play log from a NAND dump (or at least read that out) to edit it to the new one?
I know my case is pretty unique and special, but I'm one of the few people that really care for the play log.
My Switch got stolen and I bought a new one. Fortunately I have a NAND dump of the old one from less than a month before it was stolen and I would be pretty happy to merge the play log from there into my current emuMMCs play log if possible in any way.
I know that it's 80000000000000F0 in SYSTEM:/save but somehow I don't dare to simply copy it over from my old NAND dump to my new Switch's emuMMC.
Hey, did you ever succeed in transferring your playtime?

duckbill007

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
All you need is to transfer 8000000000000010 to have the same userid and 80000000000000F0 with play stats.
If you wana merge stats you'll need to merge contents of that saves. I'll did that.

Reactions: lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto