Hardware O3DS XL, volume slider and 3D slider seem to be connected somehow?

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Halp.
I bought a used O3DS LL that came hacked with rxTools installed (sysnand 4.2, emunand is 10.1).
When I first got it the volume seemed a bit low - at least lower than my small O3DS on 9.9, but it wasn't until I got home that I noticed that the volume actually becomes LOWER when the 3D is on - and it gradually goes up when the 3D is turned off.
Not to mention the volume slider is kind of unresponsive - if I slide it all the way down it takes a while for the volume to become lower (and even then, the music can still be heard, but barely). Same thing happens when I slide it all the way up, it takes a bit for the volume to gradually become higher, and it's not that high compared to my other O3DS. Is the O3DS XL generally quieter than the regular O3DS?
What I'm asking is, what could be the problem? The volume slider? The 3D slider? Both? Other than this the system works fine, and while I can live without 3D, I would like the volume to go a little higher.

SmileCitrus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yikes, that's a strange problem. I don't know about what would cause most of those issues, but yes, in my experience the O3DSXL is significantly quieter at max volume compared to the regular O3DS. The speakers are actually slightly smaller in the O3DS XL compared to the regular one.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Yikes, that's a strange problem. I don't know about what would cause most of those issues, but yes, in my experience the O3DSXL is significantly quieter at max volume compared to the regular O3DS. The speakers are actually slightly smaller in the O3DS XL compared to the regular one.
Thanks for the reply.
I'd like to add to the first post - I noticed that when I press left on the D-Pad the volume becomes normal for a moment (as in, if the volume slider is all the way up, pressing Left will make the sound louder, as it should be, same when the slider is all the way down.) The 3D slider still turns the volume down though.
Any help would be appreciated.

loco365

Trophies
XP
I'm wondering if it has to do with power drain. The screen might be drawing more power than the system can adequately provide, and there's probably a fault with some wiring or resistors in the system. That's my best guess.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Sounds like there is something inside that should not be there, if that is the case then be glad it did not die.
So, what is the best course of action? Just open the sucker up and see if I can remove whatever it is that's gotten in there? How easy is it to disassemble a 3DS XL?

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Update: I've disassembled the 3DS and it doesn't seem like there's anything out of place. There's no loose screws or anything that seems out of place, so at least I can sleep safe knowing the console won't die on me all of sudden. Hopefully.

I suppose there's nothing I can do about it other than disable the 3D from the Parental Settings and wait until I can take it to a technician, right? I'd love to mess with it myself but I'd rather not break it since all the internal components seem so fragile and sensitive (especially those tiny-ass ribbon cables!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    >buys x3 1TB SD cards
    >stores the entire 3DS library on them
    >installs CFW
    >realised why I wasted loads of money and resources
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lol no I clean my sets
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cause it's in my home ready to go
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like uremum
    But 100 games on SNES and Genesis and GBA then TG16 and NES and GB and GBC then all the other random systems and arcade games it all adds up lol
    +1
    Virtual Boy alone has probably 5 games!!! Lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I won't mention any names in chat but some of us wastes $300 on preloaded hdds :tpi:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, The PS5 had none.
    +2
    Lol I spent more than that on a stuffed 4TB drive lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly I've yet to fill the 1tb internal drive on my ps5
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, 1) except final fantasy 16. 2) why would I have a console's whole catalogue if most of the games are either shovelware or terrible games?
    Kind of a waste, but the allure of all those games over 100,000
    Some shovel ware with low ratings you might enjoy more than the ratings would sugest
    +1
    Cruisn on the Wii is one of my personal examples of that, it's considered one of the worst games of all time, I loved it and completed it several times.
    +1
    The trick for me was to go into the settings and crank up the Wiimote sensitivity to the max and it gets twitchy but you can win that way lol
    Lots of other games I enjoyed that reviews would say otherwise lol
  • btei @ btei:
    lethal company servers are down rn
  • btei @ btei:
    my pocket pikachu is going crazy rn
    Pocket Pikachu sounds dirty lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    True lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got bored and started throwing grapes at my friend
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One got in his mouth
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ign.com/articles/dragon-ball-sparking-zero-finally-has-a-released-date-summer-games-f...