• Views 5,498
  • Replies 23

Samurai Goomba

Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:
99784220100617screen001.png
Am I the only one who thinks that looks more like a younger Link than his adult self? Seriously, if that's the adult model, I wonder what the young Link will look like...
unsure.gif

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
dobz said:
bwillb said:
granville said:
dobz said:
I think i prefer the original adult link model, even with all those sharp angles
tongue.gif

The rest does look nice though.
I don't get how you can prefer the original. Look at the thing, it's creepy as shit. Eyes are really creepy. They changed the model to be more like the official artwork, and it looks far better for it. Beats me how you can prefer jagged edges and creepy eyes over a more natural looking model...
the more high-res link gets, the more he looks like a girl
tongue.gif
Lol, kinda...

You know what would of been better (well, to me)? is if they used toon link and WW's graphical style , THAT would make things more interesting for me, rather than simply improving the textures, i expect a bigger changes in a remake, but I suppose the 3d's something. I'd love to see how he would look as an adult. Toon link has character.

Of course I know this would never happen, just imagining.
Skyward Sword? I mean Link in that isn't fully cell shaded, but almost. That was my first thought at least.

tianeloso1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The models look pretty impressive but they could be better. the lighting and shading effects are top notch. i inspected the pictures on nintendo e3 website (e3.nintendo.com) im not going to judge it completely after all it is a tech demo so when the final version is released thats when we can judge the graphics =)
yaynds.gif

dobz

Trophies
XP
Country
Donald Serrot said:
Skyward Sword? I mean Link in that isn't fully cell shaded, but almost. That was my first thought at least.
Not quite, i mean a fully cell shaded adult version of this -
toonlink_288x288.jpg

This is how i'd imagine him to look (it's pretty good, just found it
biggrin.gif
)
Adult_Wind_Waker_Link_Figure_by_JustSomeRandomDude.png

Skywards sword's Link is a cross between TP and WW, but it's more similar to TP's really.
34zhh04.jpg

3dlinks.gif

The main reason i prefer Toon Link is because only he has ever properly been capable of real facial expressions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1