The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Slimmmmmm said:
linuxares said:
I know this isnt a retail disc, but how well do you think a GCOS disc would work?

Only one way to find out
tongue.gif

and... let us know
wink.gif

I will
smile.gif
I just need to get a savecard first. So irritating to never get my games saved
tongue.gif

vinzanity

Trophies
XP
Country
Will this work on a back-up game using Wiikey or any other mod-chip?

Ooops didn't see Slimmm's last line :
QUOTE said:
- Should work on backups too if you have a hard mod.

Gotta try this one out.

dsfgd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiPower said:
chartube12 said:
Ok i have decrypted and convertered codes for the sonic mega collection. going to test. Let you know if the programs worked.

None of the codes worked. I used code manager to turn them on and make a gct file. Neo doesnt give me a no codes found message. So i don't know.

update: After searching for awhile i found a link to this http://geckocodes.org/index.php?chid=G&r=E&l=all
Been awhile didnt know there was a cube section. Too bad i don't own any games listed on there.

It says "codes applied" but none of the codes is working? Ok, i have no idea of possible error sources in that case other than the codes are not working or NeoGamma is just failing.
same problem,

Wii -> 4.0E, cMIOSv4, NeoGammaR9b13 -> Hardmoded
Game -> Super Mario Sunshine (PAL)(GMSP01) -> Backup
Codes from CheatHappens, Decrypted + Converted to WiiRD, saved in sd:\\codes, sd:\\NeoGamme\\Codes

No Error, No "codes applied" message, Game works fine

another thing, config doesn't save to sd:\\NeoGamma\\NeoGamma.cfg,

maybe Neogamma uses always the default settings (Ocarina = no) ?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dsfgd said:
[...]same problem,

Wii -> 4.0E, cMIOSv4, NeoGammaR9b13 -> Hardmoded
Game -> Super Mario Sunshine (PAL)(GMSP01) -> Backup
Codes from CheatHappens, Decrypted + Converted to WiiRD, saved in sd:\\codes, sd:\\NeoGamme\\Codes

No Error, No "codes applied" message, Game works fine

another thing, config doesn't save to sd:\\NeoGamma\\NeoGamma.cfg,

maybe Neogamma uses always the default settings (Ocarina = no) ?

1. If it does not say "codes found", the codes won't work
2. If it doesn't say anything at all about the codes loading, then you did something wrong, you should get "codes applied", "no codes found" or "storage error"
3. If it doesn't write the config to sd card, well, i see the following reasons for that:
You are not using the latest version
You are using an incompatible sd (sdhc!) card
NeoGamma is failing

So what sd card are you using?

dsfgd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
NeoGamma is failing

i use a normal 512 MB (not SDHC) SD Card, FAT16, and latest NeoGamma

WiiPower said:
I had the hope one of you finds it out by himself. You need to select a hook when you want to use Ocarina.

my settings are

Wii Hook Type: VBI
Wii Ocarina: Yes
Wii Debugger: No
GC Hook Type: VI
GC Ocarina: Yes
GC Debugger: No

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dsfgd said:
QUOTE said:
NeoGamma is failing

i use a normal 512 MB (not SDHC) SD Card, FAT16, and latest NeoGamma

WiiPower said:
I had the hope one of you finds it out by himself. You need to select a hook when you want to use Ocarina.

my settings are

Wii Hook Type: VBI
Wii Ocarina: Yes
Wii Debugger: No
GC Hook Type: VI
GC Ocarina: Yes
GC Debugger: No

It's not saying "Searching codes" at least for 0.5 seconds? No "Codes found. Applying", no "Storage access failed...", no "No SD codes found", no nothing?

If it's not saving the config to sd card, that could be the problem. Is the card write protected? Does the card work in other homebrew?

dsfgd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiPower said:
It's not saying "Searching codes" at least for 0.5 seconds? No "Codes found. Applying", no "Storage access failed...", no "No SD codes found", no nothing?

If it's not saving the config to sd card, that could be the problem. Is the card write protected? Does the card work in other homebrew?

i use this card for every homebrew, Gecko 1.9.3.1 + SD Codes works without problems,
i found the problem with config -> it was write protected... (strange is i can write on it even with write protection on pc...)

but this doesn't help with the code problem, it says nothing.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I was about to say: "what happens if you also enable debugging?" which btw wouldn't boot the game any different. But then i checked my code, and there has to be some big bug, as it should even say that it looks for codes, if no hook is selected, just Ocarina.

I will look into it tomorrow, but i really don't see a reason why it doesn't say anything.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hooked types...I have never messed with them before. With gecko os, I always left them at default. I have no idea what they're for. I only got neogamma because of your cmios support for codes.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to try this out right now on both retail and backup gamecube discs. Nice work Wiipower.

WiiThoko said:
So, from what I understand here, there is no way to use cheats on backup Gamecube games yet?

Yes, there is no way to use backup gamecube games with cheats yet. Modded users should work, I am going to try a backup on my modded Wii right now to see.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ninjadudexp said:
the wiird codes do not work with gc games for me why?
Make sure in the options that GC Ocarina is on and you have set a hook type (try VI first), also make sure the gamecube mode is set to "internal", otherwise it will not work.

ninjadudexp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
ninjadudexp said:
Make sure in the options that GC Ocarina is on and you have set a hook type (try VI first), also make sure the gamecube mode is set to "internal", otherwise it will not work.
it is on vi and it set to yes it says applying but when i get into the game there not applied

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ninjadudexp said:
FIX94 said:
ninjadudexp said:
it is on vi and it set to yes it says applying but when i get into the game there not applied
Are you using a backup or a retail disc? You can only apply cheats to retail disc's.

ninjadudexp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[/quote]
Are you using a backup or a retail disc? You can only apply cheats to retail disc's.
[/quote]
i use a retail disc. it doesnt work. and then i used a backup game and it also says applying and doesnt work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, That's when Victor invented the Rusty Trombone!