Hacking Official Gateway 3DS Brick

Status
Not open for further replies.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
this story is a bit weird TBH... you were having problems installing the other firmwares, then did 2.02b and it bricked.

the firmwares following the video tutorials are so easy to install, i can't really understand how you can mess it up 3 times on 3 different firmwares. this brick sounds like it could be an error on your party as well as gateways.

Reactions: ground

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL I am so sorry again, but I can just imagine some poor Russian teenager walking in 3 feet of snow across a city to get a flashcart so he can play all the 3DS games he wants, it's probably the only thing he owns, and his game system broke. Such a sad tale
crying-smiley-emoticon.jpeg

Why's he gotta be Russian? According to your beliefs people like him are liars, and he's engaged in t3h piracies and homebrewz, so obviously YOU don't believe him; maybe he's from Belarus, never know.

PS: Nothing against Russian dude, just poking fun at lonesome for various reasons.

AngryRussianKid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Why's he gotta be Russian? According to your beliefs people like him are liars, and he's engaged in t3h piracies and homebrewz, so obviously YOU don't believe him; maybe he's from Belarus, never know.

PS: Nothing against Russian dude, just poking fun at lonesome for various reasons.
I can talk in russian, pal

Waiting for Service Centre. I will love this world again if they replace my console. Then I will return this piece of crap called GW.

Squall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
my letter to gateway
Hello.

I write to you with a bad news
Today I see a blue screen on my 3DS XL
Let’s I saying my story:
I buy 3DS XL MoH3 edition in beginning of December 2013, after I found with firmware 4.5
After that I order 2pcs of GW from aliexpress (2 – because I read that about 10% of defect and because want to buy in closest future 2nd 3DS for my son)
I receive it in NewYear. Make tests for both – all fine. Know that microsd card 4 class didn’t working with red flash, only with blue for ds games.
Make backup and emunand and begin using it.
I play mario 3d land, donkey kong and Bravely Default.
Some days ago I see that new firmware is out – watch internet about review it with GW – ‘all working fine”, I see.
I update it and continue working Bravely Default. Almost all time I didn’t turn off console and even didn’t close the game.
Today I buy a WiiU console.
After I begin it tune up – it ask me for Mii. I choose – copy from 3DS. So I close the game and going into mii editing
When all done – I try again launch the game, but it will stop on picture 3DS (that came after we launch any game)
I reboot 3DS and try again (launch emunand with enter L+Ds profile and choose GW mode) – repeat all.
I reboot again and going to test GW flash – all test is fine. I try another my GW flash – the same.
I format microSD card with my PC and write Bravely Default on it again.
I again try launch and again stop screen. But After reboot I see a blue screen
Bootrom 8046
Errcode: 00F800EF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
00000008 00000000

I didn’t use any GW clones and didn’t try region free patch (I don’t need this)

I afraid – if I return console by warranty – they change into the new with older than 4.5 firmware
[\spoiler]

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i dont get it anymore, did you took it to the nintendo sevice centerntoday or to the reseller?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well that sucks, you only options now are,
1. Replacement motherboard....sell your old one to cover some of the costs (I'm sure one of the people working out the Unbricking methods might be interested, as they might find a way to unlock the nand without wiping) ......but don't expect much for it as it would be a pretty big gamble for them

2. Wait to see if a Unbricking methods is found with no nand dump required

3. Send it off too gateway

4. Give up and sit in a dark room

Ps you should return the gateway card regardless, it's faulty anyway

AngryRussianKid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
я тоже не в Москве, поэтому и думаю
хотя можно попробовать сдать в магазин, но там на обмен только с поками новые с не той прошивкой.. так что даже не знаю
вроде GW обещают все сделать если мы ничего не нарушали..
так что если они клятвенно пообещают починить - давай вместе вышлем
Talk in English plz, Cyan is warning.

I aware, it would take 2 months for replace. I will replace it, if they return me unbricked 3DS(with my serial) PLUS new Gateway card which will definitely work.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'me tired of all these bricking threads, there's already a thread to post in about bricked 3DS systems... please go there and lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's why I had to stop wearing shorts in public. B-) +1