Status
Not open for further replies.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I've successfully booted up the Switch with ReiNX using the RCMloader-kit, and I've been able to get into RetroArch and appstore and all that through the Album viewer... Buuut I can't seem to find the ReiNX Toolkit anywhere and I'm wondering why, since I wanna do my NAND backup and AutoRCM and all the other stuff that the ReiNX website mentions for the "Finalizing Setup" step of using their CFW.

I'm new to all this so, I've probably missed something at some point of the process. Like, when I power up the Switch with my jig and RCMloader inserted and it boots up ReiNX, is that really all that's supposed to happen before I get into the Switch's OS? I was kinda expecting that ReiNX would first install something onto the Switch's built-in storage, but I'm guessing it doesn't need to do that but simply runs everything off my MicroSD-card instead?

A

a9lh-1user

You should not use the tools from ReiNX to make a backup if you want to be on the safe site!
I use ReiNX from day one and it is very good .... but the Backup function is not as secure as it should be!

So here you go:
1. DL Hekate from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/rcm-payload-hekate-ctcaer-mod.502604/
2. Make your Backup with this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/
3. DL the Toolkit here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/reinx-toolkit.517457/
4. Now you have everything you need ;)

BTW make 2-5- Backups on different locations so you are safe!

Reactions: ConraDargo

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Now you have everything you need ;)

BTW make 2-5- Backups on different locations so you are safe!
Alright I will do as I have been told! ^^ Thanks!
Edit: still wondering about autorcm though! Because I need it in order to keep booting up the Switch without using the dongle and jig every time, right?

Or should I simply use the sleeep mode whenever I’m not using my Switch?

Last edited by ConraDargo, , Reason: added question
A

a9lh-1user

@ConraDargo
I use AutoRCM from the beginning and it is working perfect. You can use briccmii from here: https://switchtools.sshnuke.net
or hekate himself to do that.

And when you use AutoRCM use the sleepmode ;)

I restart my Switch twice or more per day and AutoRCM works like a charme!

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
one of my friend has a problem in her switch
she bought the rcm loader dongle, i told her to download the latest sdfiles and reinx and put it in the root of sd card
she has 200GB card formatted as exfat

when she booted the booset logo of reinx appears, so i think everything is good
but when she go to album, only shows her screenshots, no hbmenu.

she in 5.1 (5.1 ReiNX in settings)

Last edited by aos10,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one of my friend has a problem in her switch
she bought the rcm loader dongle, i told her to download the latest sdfiles and reinx and put it in the root of sd card
she has 200GB card formatted as exfat

when she booted the booset logo of reinx appears, so i think everything is good
but when she go to album, only shows her screenshots, no hbmenu.
Console most likely doesn't support exFAT. Switch units don't support that file format system right out of the box. Reformat it to FAT32 using GUIFormat. Also make sure she has the 100D folder under /ReiNX/titles

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Console most likely doesn't support exFAT. Switch units don't support that file format system right out of the box. Reformat it to FAT32 using GUIFormat. Also make sure she has the 100D folder under /ReiNX/titles
she downloaded the exfat update when the switch was on 5.1, and she downloaded many games, the switch can see the micro sd card
fQW6ShO.jpg

the sd card from amazon and the seller was amazon it self.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
she downloaded the exfat update when the switch was on 5.1, and she downloaded many games, the switch can see the micro sd card
fQW6ShO.jpg

the sd card from amazon and the seller was amazon it self.
The exFAT patch is firmware specific...

If she had it on one firmware then updated her firmware she needs to redownload the patch. A quick way to check is by going to Health & Safety and looking underneath the Error Codes. There should be a set of 6 numbers. If there is an A next to 3, there is no exFAT support for that firmware; if there is a B, then there is exFAT support. Also you didn't indicate whether she has the 100D folder or not.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
The exFAT patch is firmware specific...

If she had it on one firmware then updated her firmware she needs to redownload the patch. A quick way to check is by going to Health & Safety and looking underneath the Error Codes. There should be a set of 6 numbers. If there is an A next to 3, there is no exFAT support for that firmware; if there is a B, then there is exFAT support. Also you didn't indicate whether she has the 100D folder or not.
so every time you download update from nintendo, you must download the exfat update again?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the card is exfat, and the switch can see it as the photo, the update should be already there.

A quick way to check is by going to Health & Safety and looking underneath the Error Codes. There should be a set of 6 numbers. If there is an A next to 3, there is no exFAT support for that firmware; if there is a B, then there is exFAT support.
Also, the screenshots can be saved onto the NAND.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
told her to format the card as FAT32, she also had another 8GB microSD card just for testing

this is the files on the microSD card

e2t1x94.jpg

anything not right here?

also the album homebrew menu not working

Last edited by aos10,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.