Hacking RELEASE [Official] ReiNX thread [DEAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surprised that I don't seem to be a corner case, hopefully we can help others then.

The only way to get game carts to work is to disable no GC patch in hekate,but then you won't be able to downgrade and use game carts on the lower firmware!
Edit I see you were already on firmware 4.1.0 so you can disable nogc in hekate and you will be fine when downgrading!

So am I then somehow booting reinx with hekate? What do I need to modify to make hekate look for reinx? Or do I just need to use hekate to boot basically standard firmware once with the "stock" profile, and then go back to the reinx payload? tried this, reinx still won't read GCs.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

Spoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does restoring a NAND backup undo the (offline) exFat update? I followed a guide here on gbatemp to install the exFat update.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is there a way to access the Album app when using ReiNX? I’m using AutoRCM so I don’t burn a fuse, so I can’t go into stock OS to access it.

Discord wasn’t any help. :(

kamo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Is there a way to access the Album app when using ReiNX? I’m using AutoRCM so I don’t burn a fuse, so I can’t go into stock OS to access it.

Yes, please I want that too. Wasn't there a way to launch homebrew using another button?

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does restoring a NAND backup undo the (offline) exFat update? I followed a guide here on gbatemp to install the exFat update.

Since the exfat update is baked into the NAND, if you restore an old NAND it won't be installed anymore. So, yes, if you restore a NAND backup you will lose the exfat update (I think). It certainly can't be installed on the SD card :D

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to know this as well.
If the exFAT update was installed after the NAND backup was made, then it will be removed when you restore said NAND backup. However, if you are patching the system to have exFAT support (e.g. via a kip), then it will only be removed once that kip is removed.

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France

You can definitelly boot stock OS using hekate, it won't burn any fuses since it's the nintendo bootloader that burns them and not the firmware itself. I assume ReiNX's bootloader prevents burning fuses too.

Reactions: regnad

BryanNigson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you installed a backup with tinfoil. Can you add dlc with devmenu or homemnu without weirdness? Because I heard several times tinfoil can't install dlc.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are now fully legal my doods! This makes the official release as well. Thanks to all the people that helped make this possible. Now i gotta refactor the hell out of it since its a mess lol.. but it works.
Thanks SO MUCH.

Are you planning on doing the "hold R to open HBL" or something similar? BTW how does DevMenu works in ReiNX?

Reactions: Pluupy

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Q: Why was sigpatches removed from <insert user>'s pack?
A: Because FS.kip and ES patch are patched nintendo code. Some people on here have a fit about copyright. If you still have those files, you can continue to use them. If not, be patient, things will happen.

Hey Rei did you wanna remove the q/a or not, considering the latest release removed both of those and added the hot patching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
  • DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma:
    I'm new! Hi!
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Welcome
  • DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma:
    What are your favorite topics?
    DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma: What are your favorite topics?