God
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so here's the deal. For a while now I've been working with the OfflineList dat files from Advanscene, and for the love of me, I can't figure out what the "im1CRC" and "im2CRC" are CRC's of. Also, it would help if someone could help me identify ROMs quicker - instead of calculating the entire rom's CRC32, to calculate just a part - in a way that would work on trimmed roms too.

As always, thanks in advance.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
im1CRC and im2CRC are the CRC values for the box images, screen caps, etc.

EDIT: I can't see how scanning part of a ROM would work. Assuming you are talking about scaning for a certain file within the ROM you could end up getting a bad dump, where that file is the same as on a proper dump. The all over CRC is easier to calculate, but this would exclude trimmed ROMs because each time you trim it you would get a different CRC.

- Wrath of God -

God
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
im1CRC and im2CRC are the CRC values for the box images, screen caps, etc.

EDIT: I can't see how scanning part of a ROM would work. Assuming you are talking about scaning for a certain file within the ROM you could end up getting a bad dump, where that file is the same as on a proper dump. The all over CRC is easier to calculate, but this would exclude trimmed ROMs because each time you trim it you would get a different CRC.
Well the part of the rom I was thinking of scanning was the header. But, yeah that's exactly what I'm thinking. However when you're scanning 1000 files or even 200, Scanning each file can take a long time. That's why I don't get how OfflineList, Rominator and all those other rom managers can just scan a directory of 300 files and come up with the results in like 5 seconds.

Are there better ways of identifying roms with the information given in OfflineList's dat file? Or maybe there's another dat file I can use?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SFpbRlIfowM&pp=ygUnQW5kIG5vIExpdHRsZSB0aW1teSBnbHVlZCB0byBoaXMgY3Jp...