Oh boy, my V64 arrived today...

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Something I've been wanting for a while and since I got paid a little extra during Christmas, I thought I might snap one up after seeing one on ebay. Yes, the Xbox/PC emulator can play N64 but I can't be bothered with plugins etc. I noticed the CD drive can be removed. I have a spare CD drive and it can read DVDs (read, not write). If I burn the N64 roms to a blank DVD, will it still read it or is there some bios that can only read if it's burned to CD media only?

Rocco Savadgie

Trophies
XP
Country
afaik, it will only read CD's no matter what. I've never tried it myself though. Let me know if it works
smile.gif

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great unit. Mine still works like a champ. I hope the unit you purchased has the full 256M memory as the 128M expansion is proprietary. There were only a few 512M cartridges produced that it can't run - though they are great games (Conker's BFD, Paper Mario, RE2, ???). You needed the V64Jr-512M version for those.

There is no need to bother with installing a DVD drive unless you enjoy experimenting. Even if you have all of the cartridges backed up they don't fill up more than 6 or 7 CDs. I doubt the BIOS would be able to support anything other than basic CD commands but like I said if you enjoy experimenting
grog.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_V64

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol