Homebrew ohneswanzenegger (Wii Entry -- PC Software)

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Jehuty25 said:
After creating a new nand based on my old one, I keep getting the 110213 error when I try to test the connection. Is there a way to fix this? I know it's not the hardware because I did a restore of my old nand and the internet works.

Do you have the settings.txt from your NAND dump in the "new" one? I had this problem when using UNEEK+DI with a virgin NAND and found that copying the settings.txt file from my real extracted NAND fixed this. Probably barking up the wrong tree, just thought it might help

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i also experienced that 110213 error, and a couple similar ones, when trying to setup a network connection on a new nand. after some messing around with it, i got a little technique that "fixes" it. if you just go into the settings, setup a new connection, use google's DNS servers ( 8.8.4.4 & 8.8.8.8 ), let it try to connect, click the format button in the settings, repeat, eventually it will work.

it takes messing with it about 5 or 10 minutes now, just setting up a new connection, testing it out, formatting the nand, and trying again. after it successfully creates the connection, then it does it every time after that without any errors.

I looked into it, and i couldnt find the exact cause of the issue, but ive seen reports of it happening from comex's nand formatter, so it is nothing specific to this program. as far as this program is concerned, the issue only happens when you format the nand and wipe out everything and start fresh. if you simply open a nand and start installing titles to it, the existing settings are left untouched, and the issue does happen. i think it has something to do with the way the system menu or IOS creates the necessary files to establish the connection.

Jehuty25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to have worked, thanks
biggrin.gif

Bad_Ad84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
that is the whole purpose of this.

Not entirely...

Bootmii wont overwrite boot2 and the bootmii uninstaller doesnt completely return boot2 to stock either. Only way this would make your wii completely virgin is if you had bootmii as an IOS and never installed as boot2 or used a nand programmer to put it back to stock.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tueidj said:
Bad_Ad84 said:
Bootmii wont overwrite boot2 and the bootmii uninstaller doesnt completely return boot2 to stock either.
Got any evidence to back that up?

Excuse my noobness, but would'nt that prevent installing a clean nand.bin?
You still need bootmii ( or a programmer ).

Or am I completely wrong?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hielkenator said:
Excuse my noobness, but would'nt that prevent installing a clean nand.bin?
You still need bootmii ( or a programmer ).

Or am I completely wrong?
If you're using bootmii as IOS, installing the new nand removes all traces.
If you're using bootmii as boot2, after installing the new nand and without exiting bootmii you can run the mini based hackmii installer to remove both bootmii as boot2 and bootmii as IOS. The result is a clean nand with no traces (unless you believe streamlinehd's incorrect blog post that tries to claim the boot2v4 ticket is evidence of bootmii).

Baboo77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just want to say thanks for making this little collection of apps. I've been fighting with a buggy Wii for for a better part of a year and I've never been able to pin point the problem. I used this to wipe my nand clean and reinstall all my cios's and channels in half the time it would have taken me with conventional methods. My Wii is stable again, in fact I don't remember it ever running this good. Awesome work!!!! Now if only there were a way to just transfer my old gamesaves and miis from one nand.bin to another in one easy step.

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks a lot for this great tool ! I was in about the same case as Baboo77 and never was able to get rid of the problem. Although I have a small question ...

I got all my saves thanks to Savegame Manager GX, but I forgot to backup my Miis, can I extract them with one of your tools without having to juggle between the old NAND and the new one ?

werk

Trophies
XP
Country
Just had to say this tool is fantastic. I had a rarely used virgin launch Wii that, after updating via Skyward Sword disc, developed a semi-brick (got system files corrupted when trying to get to Wii settings). This was super easy to use and I was back up and running in 20 minutes.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you SifJar!

Edit: Gaah, crashes with "The applicaton failed to start because QtCore4.dll was not found." Might find it on the internet later.

Edit2: I put QtCore4.dll in the same directory and it crashes with "The entry point blahblahblah couldn't be found in QtCore4.dll". I'm torn on what to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8