ROM Hack Okaeri! Chibi-Robo! Happy Richie Ōsōji!

Status
Not open for further replies.

secretagentmoof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its dead? D: Im waiting for so many years now x~x
You can get quite far without being able to read Japanese. Some of the cultural allusions may not make sense (like the Chono surrogate), and it may be a bit obscure what to do to make the story advance, but it's doable. The ending is probably the most inscrutable for Westerners without being able to read what's going on, but it eventually makes itself clear.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Just unburied my DSTWO and saw this game in my game library. Looks like it may be dead or the creator of said project is REALLY BUSY. (dear God I hope it's the latter)

Wonder if he's getting any help with this?

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Read the first post again. The images are there waiting to be edited. Edit them leave the edited ones in the folder created for that on mediafire or send em to me. Use zkanji to help identify any japanese text in the images and please post that text in the google doc listing graphic completion just in case someone else wants a go at it. Just in case YOU don't send me YOUR edited images. At least that way there will be a way to get it done. Any questions post again...

momin

Trophies
XP
Country
Could you show me an already edited image? Or maybe do you know which font is being used? I think it's important for people who want to help with graphics to used the same font.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Read the first post again. The images are there waiting to be edited. Edit them leave the edited ones in the folder created for that on mediafire or send em to me. Use zkanji to help identify any japanese text in the images and please post that text in the google doc listing graphic completion just in case someone else wants a go at it. Just in case YOU don't send me YOUR edited images. At least that way there will be a way to get it done. Any questions post again...

Basically we need someone who knows Japanese / kanjii

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
my answer to the previous post - not neccessarily...
Zkanji is a program used to identify kanji (japanese characters by stroke count if you don't know about this look it up it also has some translation use). Use zkanji to identify the text in the images - letter by letter. post it in the google doc. even if you cannot get all the text do not worry leave a (?) for that letter. If you cannot translate it do not worry someone else may and probably will do it for you. The point being to get the text down. I have other stuff I work on where I do exactly the same thing. Identify the letter, then identify the next letter and so on until I have all the text in the image down and then I either move on to the next image or I translate the text I just dumped and edit the image. The person I did this for as in started this thread for has yet to contact me back and it has been well over a year. They really wanted proof that the text could be put back in the game... that is not an issue. If you want to see progress start by downloading the images and sit there and get what is in the images down into the spreadsheet. It may not seem like much but being able to say we have the graphics done may be enough to get someone else to do work on the text.

YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOW JAPANESE TO IDENTIFY THE LETTERS USED IN THE IMAGES. think of some of the japanese letters as full english words. You just need to be able to find a part of the japanese letter to help find the whole letter and go form there. It really is that easy. (I have been doing this for a long time). More in the last few months as I am unemployed again... sigh...

Last edited by rastsan,

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Another project has started for this that says they are better organized and I hope that they will actually be faster so this thread will be closed as soon as I can get a mod to do it. ANY LINKS Listed in the first post will no longer work and I will be deleting any work done on this that I have. Any requests or pm's about this or for any files I have on this will be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3