Hacking Old games display corrupt icons on new firmware 3.X!

Hidekiadam

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pokenet.co.uk
XP
Country
Hihi

Can you be a bit more specific about the problem? lol

Do you mean homebrew? I've noticed odd behaviour there in 3.0/3.1

If you mean something else I'm at a bit of a loss, all my DS games display correctly

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How many DS games have you got in your directory. If you have over 127 in one directory then there starts to be issues with the games being listed correctly. Out of interest have you tried using an older version of the firmware to see if that is your issue ?

lazyfool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im running 3.1 and the only icon weirdness im getting is from .nds homebrew files (gb.nds work have the normal icon) .nds have weird pink icons w/ nonsence.

as for my old games (i have warioware and sm64) they both look normal, Do you have the files trimmed? and if you are trimming make sure your using the m3/g6 trimming program.
you can allways try taking it off your sdcard and putting it back on... it may help.

snowcorn22

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
funem said:
How many DS games have you got in your directory. If you have over 127 in one directory then there starts to be issues with the games being listed correctly. Out of interest have you tried using an older version of the firmware to see if that is your issue ?

I realised that there was a problem when i updated from 2.9 to 3.0... when scrolling through the games, then want to go back, they vanish!
i have 70 games on a 4GB and a total of 126 files(games,saves, nds_conf and 4 .gmc files)
(What are the ABME.gmc, ABUE.gmc etc... files for?)

I went back to the 2.9 version and all ok...

Now i started an 8GB MicroSD card, still with only a few games, less than 10, and working well with version 3.1...
Do you think that if i have over a certain number of games/files in the NDS folder the same thing will happen?
If so is there an alternative? e.g. having more than 1 NDS file... like puzzle games, favorite, etc....
Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ sypt: anyone know why?