Old games made for old android versions

Szabon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Hi Everyone,

(Unfortunately, because I am a new user, I will have to remove the links so I can post this. I am happy to share those after, if possible, somehow)

I wonder if there was one emulator for the old Android games pre-ART [**LINK-1**].
My goal would be to play this one [**LINK-2**] on a computer, preferentially in one running Mac OS. I suspect that it was created during the Dalvik era - but to be honest I am not sure about that too.
When looking for solutions I have just realized that all these old Android games cannot be played anymore unless old devices are used.
There are some programs emulating Android. Unfortunately, beside requiring big amounts of memory and internet connection, these are also not running these old apps well. Most of those were created after the introduction of ART.
It would be amazing to be able to run these old apps in a simple way, as it is with currently with ROMs using an emulator or a frontend like Retroarch.

Ideas, thoughts?

**LINK-1**: Information about Dalvik and ART in Android
**LINK-2**: Link to a wiki page talking about a game called "Salamander HD Remaster". That page is part of a Gradius fan community

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: