tayshun12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all!

I have a switch Original 2.0. Never been online without 90dns blocker and serial truned to xaw00000000000 ( or whatever it is) I have all my backups. I'm currently on SW v.9.something. I was wondering if I should downgrade back to 2.0, official update to a "golden FW" and from there create a Emunand and update that to a current CFW compatible FW.

Let me know what you guys think! Also, thanks for being a great forum and a great community!

T

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all!

I have a switch Original 2.0. Never been online without 90dns blocker and serial truned to xaw00000000000 ( or whatever it is) I have all my backups. I'm currently on SW v.9.something. I was wondering if I should downgrade back to 2.0, official update to a "golden FW" and from there create a Emunand and update that to a current CFW compatible FW.

Let me know what you guys think! Also, thanks for being a great forum and a great community!

T
Update sysnand then make emunand from that there is no "golden fw"

Reactions: tayshun12

tayshun12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update sysnand then make emunand from that there is no "golden fw"

Thanks for the info! one more question. I was planning to take my Switch online for smash bros only (for the little ones). do you think that I should restore the Serial before updating? should I update with Sysnand with Choi or thru the official updater??

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info! one more question. I was planning to take my Switch online for smash bros only (for the little ones). do you think that I should restore the Serial before updating? should I update with Sysnand with Choi or thru the official updater??
Update sysnand officially and be sure everything on sysnand is legit from the game to DLC to updates for game

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your serial number doesn't normally affect system updates but if you plan to go online, you shouldn't use homebrew or unofficial means to update your firmware as those can taint your console. Thus updating online makes the most sense since that should not taint your system but you cannot download the system update without your serial number.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: hi everyone.