Hacking Suggestion online Layer FS hacks work- No Banning

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Umm, then no. Your not pirating the game. Try this when you dump mario kart 8 and then run it inside a different game. Let's see what happens. (hint, insta ban)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well actually yes that was said, but only if you connect online with a pirated game.
As far as I read, it will just trigger Nintendo that you tried to run a game without a cert. That would be a surefire thing to get banned.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHacks/comments/8rxg26/psa_strong_antipiracy_measures_implemented_by/
Look at it and read it fully. If the cert is incorrect and doesn't match with the intended game, instant ban when going online, tldr version
Yes, I read it. Twice actually. It no where say it's an instaban. It just won't allow it to go online with the game if it doesn't have a cert. It however will most likely trigger Nintendo to ban your console future down the line.

D

Deleted User

Yes, I read it. Twice actually. It no where say it's an instaban. It just won't allow it to go online with the game if it doesn't have a cert. It however will most likely trigger Nintendo to ban your console future down the line.
"In the digital game case, Nintendo actually perfectly prevents online piracy here. Tickets cannot be forged, and Nintendo can verify that the device ID in the ticket matches the device ID for the client cert connecting (banning on a mismatch), as well as that the account ID for the ticket matches the Nintendo Account authorizing to log in. Users who pirate games definitionally cannot have well-signed tickets for their consoles, and thus cannot connect online without getting an immediate ban -- this is exactly how I would have implemented authorization for digital games, if I were them."
And before you refute that it's just for digtial downloads, it's very likely an immediate ban would happen for physical releases. Since they solved the issue of trading game headers.

Reactions: linuxares

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
"In the digital game case, Nintendo actually perfectly prevents online piracy here. Tickets cannot be forged, and Nintendo can verify that the device ID in the ticket matches the device ID for the client cert connecting (banning on a mismatch), as well as that the account ID for the ticket matches the Nintendo Account authorizing to log in. Users who pirate games definitionally cannot have well-signed tickets for their consoles, and thus cannot connect online without getting an immediate ban -- this is exactly how I would have implemented authorization for digital games, if I were them."
Ah yes, that part. However, people have yet to be banned. They been playing online with backups and still no ban. So it's proven false. For now.

EDIT: Actually, have they even turned on the service full now that SX OS is released?

Reactions: Deleted User

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheating will get Nintendo's attention more than piracy. Cheating ruined the game online for everyone, especially now Nintendo has a paid online service coming up - they have to protect their games online.

Now that cheating is possible online, Mario Kart and other online games will not be fun anymore... so it's a good time to get the SX and retired offline for good.

Reactions: Solitario

tides

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
urggg why the fuck would you cheat in mario kart. it's not even fun.

i understand why people cheat in splatoon cus it's competitive but mario kart?

this is what ruined mk7 on the 3ds

Jaimy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reported to Nintendo support with video link attached. Thanks for bringing it to our attention OP.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fear of banning is just a conspiracy made by anti piracy team who worked with nintendo
fear is how the sheeps are controlled by the masses

Are you actually stupid? No, it's not a conspiracy, an actual company isn't going to try and spread rumors that you'll get banned when they can just do their job which is to make it so you'll actually get banned.

Your honestly mental if you actually think this.

Don Jon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you actually stupid? No, it's not a conspiracy, an actual company isn't going to try and spread rumors that you'll get banned when they can just do their job which is to make it so you'll actually get banned.

Your honestly mental if you actually think this.
if you read a few posts above you youll see what im talking
and if you didnt know that the fusee gelee developers worked with nintendo as they turned in the switch vulnerabilities to nintendo with disclosures,
you must have been sleeping under a rock this whole time

anyways if you think i was referring to an actual nintendo employee, than...

Last edited by Don Jon,

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and if you didnt know that the fusee gelee developers worked with nintendo as they turned in the switch vulnerabilities to nintendo with disclosures,

*nvidia
they disclosed the bug to nvidia, not nintendo. it's a bug in nvidia chipsets, nintendo didn't have much say in this.

anyway, you're a moron, go do your research and get your facts straight before spreading nonsense.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

*nvidia
they disclosed the bug to nvidia, not nintendo. it's a bug in nvidia chipsets, nintendo didn't have much say in this.

anyway, you're a moron, go do your research and get your facts straight before spreading nonsense.

As @ShroomKing said, they disclosed the bug in a report to NVIDIA since it's their vulnerability.

And once again, you don't know what your talking about, so please, stop making assumptions on half-based knowledge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3