Hacking Only Whitescreen on DS Lite

Snakeeater237

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I recently got the r4i Revolution 3ds(this one)
28-130-large.jpg

And while starting up on my DS lite, I only get to the startup screen. But instead of a random game(like its supposed to be) I only get a blank screen, no game Icon, no text, nothing.
When I click it, I only get a white screen, nothing else.
I installed the most recent kernel updates I could find, but still nothing changes.This even happens if I remove the Micro SD card completely( I am using a 512MB Sandisk) it still gives the same blank icon.

I tried it on a friends 3DS XL and it doesnt even register the card :P

So am I simply overlooking something? or might it just be broken?

Thanks in advance^^

Rocc0

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It might be broken, but there is also a change that it is your sd card which is broken or incorrectly formatted instead.

You could try a different sd card with the R4 if possible, and see if the problem persists.

You could also try to do a full format (overwrite) on your current sd card with SD Formatter 4.0 and use FAT16.

The fact that your friends 3DS doesn't register it, means it is likely some old revision or not properly updated. How old is it exactly?

What revision does it say on the back? You can use this picture as a reference where to look (it should be visible without opening the cartridge).
http://gbatemp.net/uploads/gallery/album_245/gallery_746_245_3049140.png

Snakeeater237

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's a "D" actually :/ It wasn't on the picture, so I hope it's a newer version and not a fake one :D

The card is the same as on the picture I posted besides there beeing a star shape form with "RTS" beside the R4i logo.
I'll try a different micro SD tommorow, not at my pc atm^^

Just a quick question for someone who used these cards before, should there be a game icon showing even if theres no SD card entered? Because the only thing I get with or without it is this blank white icon which leads to said whitescreen :P

Rocc0

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Right, D is actually the newest one and star shaped logo on the sticker is exactly the same one that I have as well.

An icon should appear even without sd card inserted, at least it does so for me.

Doesn't sound very promising. :( It probably doesn't hurt to still try formatting the sd card and/or using different card, but sounds to me like that probably isn't the problem after all. If you bought the flashcart recently, the next thing you should be doing is to contact the seller and hopefully they will replace it for you or at least help you troubleshoot it better than I can.

Edit: actually one thing that comes to mind, maybe the R4 doesn't sit in the game slot right? That can happen, sometimes flashcarts can sit in the slot a bit tighter, or looser than retail game cartridge would. Might be worth checking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, https://gbatemp.net/posts/10435312/ +1