• 20190111_034519.jpg
    20190111_034519.jpg
    994.3 KB · Views: 186

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so like which is best version to use tr on psx saturn or the pc one? the android one? Can I use the hd fmv's and sound patches people have made for open lara pc?

Last edited by grabman,

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately HD FMV is not supported. Please correct me if I am wrong. It would be amazing to have those in.
Also great would be to get support for the iOS textures which were remastered completely . That would be the ultimate TR version that Lara deserves.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know how to toggle two player mode? I just cannot get it to work. I have my second switch joycon pair attached and active, but I just cannot make the second Lara appear in-game.
Any help is highly appreciated.

sch_ch1

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
just tried it out myself:
when ingame (doenst work at the mansion) go to options -> detail levels -> set stereo settings to "split screen" -> close menu -> hold L and R on the joy cons, they should split into player 1 and p2 -> press stick on p2 joycon and you should be in splitscreen mode, able to move 2 chars.

to switch back just hold r and l on p1 joycon

btw: can anyone help me how to save the game?

Last edited by sch_ch1,
Reactions: naddel81 and Csmrcc

szczuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
just tried it out myself:
when ingame (doenst work at the mansion) go to options -> detail levels -> set stereo settings to "split screen" -> close menu -> hold L and R on the joy cons, they should split into player 1 and p2 -> press stick on p2 joycon and you should be in splitscreen mode, able to move 2 chars.

to switch back just hold r and l on p1 joycon

btw: can anyone help me how to save the game?

In part one? Find save crystal ;)

Reactions: sch_ch1

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i get rpl files from gog release?

can someone explain "copy level and title screen files (PHD, PSX, PCX, PNG, RAW, SAT, SAD, SPR, SND, BIN) into "/switch/OpenLara/level/1/" i just put my data folder in n seem ok? also track_#.ogg work good yes yes

anyone know if .fmv supported? thats what ps1 copy extracts too?

Last edited by grabman,
Reactions: Csmrcc

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
how do i get rpl files from gog release?

can someone explain "copy level and title screen files (PHD, PSX, PCX, PNG, RAW, SAT, SAD, SPR, SND, BIN) into "/switch/OpenLara/level/1/" i just put my data folder in n seem ok? also track_#.ogg work good yes yes
There is some confusion regarding this.

While copying the entire DATA folder into the /level/1/ folder will make it technically playable, there will be no FMV. The FMV files are actually supposed to go in /video/1/.

That said, many of us have been unable to get the title screen to display using the 'advanced' installation method described above. For now, it is recommended to just copy the ensure DATA and FMV folders into the OpenLara as-is without splitting the files into /level/ or /video/.

Regardless of which method you use, the audio files need to be in /audio/1/ and named as 'track_XX.ogg' (note the leading zero is necessary, so e.g. 'track_01.ogg' not 'track_1.ogg'. And using .ogg instead of .mp3 is recommended to avoid skipping and crashes.

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for this info how about my q i post how to get rlp from gog or can i use the .fmv files i extracted from ps1? sorry to be a pain. Thanks again!

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
thanks for this info how about my q i post how to get rlp from gog or can i use the .fmv files i extracted from ps1? sorry to be a pain. Thanks again!

Rename the gog file to ISO - then use an iso extraction tool such as ultraiso to extract the files. FMV files just go in the FMV folder - I tried the pc version and the psx version - an both played FMV properly.

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well when i use the ps1 fmv it is very very choppy audio in the intro movie you did not experience this?

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing properly here, but I prefer PC FMV (rpl files) because they are full screen at least.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I'm currently looking at the TR1 and TR2 file structure as well to get TR2 working.

Still in theory crafting stage.

Will post some names in order here, and in a few minutes make an entire thread out of it. :)

Core
Cafe
Snow
Lift
Vision
Canyon
Pyramid
Prison
Escape
End

edit: Theorycrafting ended preliminarily. ;) Its not just naming the TR2 data files in TR1 fashion. *dang* ;)

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn