Hardware Original XBOX upscale to HD Ready

n00b2015

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Hello

I have PAL original Xbox (not x360) XBMC4Xbox 3.0.1 with component cable and HD Ready tv. I would like to upscale picture, cuz it looks like crap. I have RGH Xbox 360 and xbox classic games look so much better on the same TV. Is there any way i could upscale original Xbox picture with some adapter to look the same as xbox classic games on my RGH xbox 360? Please comment down what hardware do i need to buy.

n00b2015

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
thanx for pointing me in the right direction. i have this component cable
wp20160410004.jpg

i changed from PAL to NTSC with Enigmah PAL to NTSC video switcher...and then i went into a system --> video output and enabled 480p, 720p and 1080i.....

i compared game Black on original xbox and RGH x360 and game on original xbox still looks bad. did i miss something?

Last edited by n00b2015,

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Most Xbox games at best use 480p (NTSC) or 480i (PAL). It lacks 360's convenient near universal upscaling.

Are you using the game's NTSC version?
I don't know how many PAL games left in the ability to auto-detect 480p, 720p, or 1080i, since only region-free releases could've used them legitimately.

Last edited by Lumstar,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was it a PAL version of the game you tried? Many of those might not output higher resolutions where their NTSC counterparts would. Also it is emulation on the 360 so there is that.

You might also have to fiddle with the game launch settings -- the settings you saw in what I guess was still XBMC were for the XBMC program itself rather than things it launched. Emulators tend to have their own but games can be different.

n00b2015

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
i will try NTSC game and report. Where can I change game launch settings? I tried to go to dashboard and it freezes. Cant go to original xbox dashboard.

edit...ntsc game is also bad quality. Trying all day to somehow recover my ms dash but i couldn't figure it out. cant even set ftp with pc. well all afternoon went by for nothing.

Last edited by n00b2015,

n00b2015

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Hello guys :)

Can I ?
Option 1: FTP and transfer MS Dash 5960 to C and launch M$ Dash - turn 720p on?
Option 2: With Slayer Evox Installer Auto 2.7 Final, restore Ms Dash (Will that delete everything on my C - do I need to backup?) and then turn settings to 720p and FTP everything back on C? Will that work? Do I need to unlock drive on xbox?

thanx

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you don't have the MS dash and you FTP in a new MS dash, you will need to resoftmod your Xbox.
I do have a hacked C (with UnleashX on it) drive which you could FTP onto your drive.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I run UnleashX (1080i resolution) Dash as M$ dash only does 480i-480p (newer dash revisions) along with the 480p patch so all games (even 480i ones) are 480p
I am running this on my Debug Kit so I can take advantage of the 128MB worth of ram to play some games in 720p like Futurama (which crashes from lack of ram at 720p on a stock 64MB Xbox)
No need to upscale if it already is HD B-)

However, you will want to stick to 360 as it "upscales" internally, not via some "upscaler" box. the quality reduction will be noticed so the 360 will look better than the Xbox.

Some people will say this is stupid, as I am wasting a debug kit, I say it is a rescue as the debug kit now replaces my 64MB Xbox and saves another Xbox from being cannibalized for RAM, and with no guarantee the ram upgrade will work.

Last edited by driverdis,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch