Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

Sniffynose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a good old brick after doing this with my N3ds XL, did the hardmod and have it at the blue screen of death now but I have to wait for the usb adapter to arrive since the 4 I have at home didn't work with interfacing it to the computer.

Honestly not sure what went wrong since everything seemingly went without a hitch until the "cross your fingers" part =/

Sigh... the things we do to get a clean boot sequence

Dr. Dew

Trophies
XP
Country
Sudan
I used TinyFormat to format my EmuNAND, and now all of my games are gone on EmuNAND, which is fine. But if I wanted to actually delete them from my SD Card, where would they be saved at on the SD Card? They're not showing up in BigBlueMenu for me to uninstall, and I need to free up space on my SD card, because it's storage is full.

Update: I'm actually following the OTP Guide found here https://github.com/Plailect/OTP/blob/master/Old_3DS_Spider.md and got to step 16 before I noticed that I'm not going to have enough space on my SD card to copy my EmuNAND/SysNAND backups to my SD card. I'm sure the CIA files I installed are located in SD:/Nintendo 3DS folder but since I've done all the previous steps, I now have 5 folders located there and don't know what is okay to delete. I asked this question in another thread and received an answer, but am still unsure of what is okay to delete in the Nintendo 3DS folder. Everything? Anything? I have to clear space in order to do anything further. Any help will be very appreciative.
if you are following the guide then you have backed up your sd card? I assume you have so with that in mind if you right click
on those 5 folders and chooser properties, look at which one is the biggest in file size. That one is most likely your main one with your cia's and stuff

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you are following the guide then you have backed up your sd card? I assume you have so with that in mind if you right click
on those 5 folders and chooser properties, look at which one is the biggest in file size. That one is most likely your main one with your cia's and stuff

One of the folders is 19.8GB. One is 7.19GB. There's also a private folder. If the folder that's 19.8GB is my EmuNAND, is it safe to delete the entire folder? My EmuNAND and everything else will still work properly? It'll just delete the CIA's?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
One of the folders is 19.8GB. One is 7.19GB. There's also a private folder. If the folder that's 19.8GB is my EmuNAND, is it safe to delete the entire folder? My EmuNAND and everything else will still work properly? It'll just delete the CIA's?
If you don't know what is what, you can cut/paste one of the folders into your pc and see what changes

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care about deleting the installed CIA's. I just don't want to end up deleting something in that folder that's required for my EmuNAND to work properly, or delete something that will not allow me to finish the process.

Dr. Dew

Trophies
XP
Country
Sudan
I don't care about deleting the installed CIA's. I just don't want to end up deleting something in that folder that's required for my EmuNAND to work properly, or delete something that will not allow me to finish the process.
just back it up and test, the emunand is hidden away on the sd card on a different partition so you wont affect it

ShiroKyouma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"11 . After reinstalling the CIA Manager of your choice, install SysUpdater.cia on emuNAND."

If I formatted my emunand and i'm on 10.6 emunand without browserhax and menuhax, how I can doing this?

And another question:

If I format with tiny format what happens with the NNID? Can I relink again to my 3ds after install arm9 without problems?

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"11 . After reinstalling the CIA Manager of your choice, install SysUpdater.cia on emuNAND."

If I formatted my emunand and i'm on 10.6 emunand without browserhax and menuhax, how I can doing this?

And another question:

If I format with tiny format what happens with the NNID? Can I relink again to my 3ds after install arm9 without problems?

Don't you have FBI or BigBlueMenu or some other CIA Installer injected into your Health and Safety App? That's how I completed that step.

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you could load your homebrew channel by using Browserhax. Browserhax works for 10.6 EmuNAND. Just install Browserhax on your EmuNAND and use that. That'll load Homebrew channel, and from there you can use FBI via Homebrew Channel

Last edited by MSearles,

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully retrieved my OTP.Bin file and recovered my 3DS from following this guide. If I can do it, anyone who can read and understand English should have no trouble. It was actually easier than I thought it was going to be.

Last edited by MSearles,
Reactions: FenrirWolf
D

Deleted User

When I try to unbrick emunand, it does this-
"Found nand.fat16.xorpad!"
"Found nand.fat16.0x4.xorpad!"
"No previous unbrick found..."
"Copying emuNAND, please wait..."
1 file(s) copied.

3DSFAT16tool (C version) by d0k3
--------------------------------

dumping & decrypting ctr.bin
from sysNAND.bin
using ../../../Section_I/Backup/nand.fat16.xorpad

processing... done!

injecting & encrypting ctr.bin
to sysNAND.bin
using ../../../Section_I/Backup/nand.fat16.0x4.xorpad

open ctr.bin failed!

rawwrite dd for windows version 0.6beta3.
Written by John Newbigin <[email protected]>
This program is covered by terms of the GPL Version 2.

notrunc
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
Press any key to continue . . .
However, it does output a sysnand.bin in the Unbricked folder, and its the right size. Is this normal?

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the tutorial to inject FBI into Health & Safety. I had to look it up myself since I never had it injected (having installed FBI to sysNAND before cloning it to emuNAND originally).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When I try to unbrick emunand, it does this-
1 file(s) copied.

from sysNAND.bin

processing... done!

to sysNAND.bin

open ctr.bin failed!

notrunc
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
However, it does output a sysnand.bin in the Unbricked folder, and its the right size. Is this normal?

No, here's what it looks like when I run it:
1 file(s) moved.
1 file(s) copied.

from sysNAND.bin

processing... done!

to sysNAND.bin

processing... done!

notrunc
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
A subdirectory or file Unbricked already exists.
1 file(s) moved.
1 file(s) moved.

Try it again, and if that fails, I'd try dumping the emuNAND and the xorpads again.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using a Spare SD (and fresh EmuNAND) what made it easy for me after running tinyformat to make sure they are unlinked, since the downgrad eto 2.1 step always failed, i updated emuNAND to 10.3 then the downgrade was successful. after restoring SysNAND just had to stick my actual Main SD back in and right as Rain (o3DSXL)

Sno0t

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey everyone :)

I got a little stuck here...
used tiny format on emunand...
then changed theme on emunand..and the theme on Sysnand changed..therefore I have to use tiny format again.
Do I really have to use tiny format again? Wouldn't I need to go onto the SD and create a new 'alotofnumbersfolder/extdata' folder with empty dbs file?
I mean, what would change If i use tiny format again?
Furthermore? 'Use tiny format again'. Means to use it again on emuNAND right?
Or am I supposed to use it on sysNAND this time?
Thanks in adavance and kind regards.
Sno0t

( Its steps 7-10 in Section II )

EDIT:
Okay, on the 4th try, the emunand booted up...
However, How am I supposed to start HBL when the browserexploits have been fixed (My emuNAND is 10.6)

Should i 'just' create a completely new emuNAND? (using emuNAND9).
And if yes, am I still, able to later import my backed up EmuNAND?

Last edited by Sno0t,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Hey there!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking energy drinks may as well be alcohol I remember chugging down 40oz half my body went numb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, I don't even drink alcohol either.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my throat still hurts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Slightly less tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Same
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Get well soon
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i hope both of you guys get better
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Thanks mate.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I used to drink alcohol fairly often. Never to the point of it being a problem, but like 2-3 beers with dinner each night, or a few cocktails or glasses of Scotch or something. Started smoking/vaping weed a lot a few years back which killed 90% of my interest in booze. Now I stopped smoking/vaping weed as much and just deal with life the boring way most of the time
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only drank alcohol once and it was by accident
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt know it was beer, it was on a juice bottle
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yeah, I'm addicted to smoking, sadly. It's very addictive but I wish I didn't start.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    May just order a 5700g for a nas/emulation set up tbh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast you were asleep on 4/20
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, you played that Mario flash game called Mario 63?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No, but I've seen it on Vinesauce's stream.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that game is one of the reasons i met newgrounds bc the full versión of it is in that site
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also somebody is remaking it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.