Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, no matter how you look at it, you'll be booting CFW into sysNAND or CFW into emuNAND with A9LH. That being said, it sounds like you have a bad or wrong firmware file if you're getting black screens.

Reinand did work with this firmware.bin.

You said "2. Run sysNAND by default", i'm looking for what to change, but can't find it so far.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

You said "2. Run sysNAND by default", i'm looking for what to change, but can't find it so far.

To my knowledge, ReiNand and AuReiNand use separate firmware.bin files now, so that's probably why you had a black screen.

"Updated sysNAND" mode:
- For this, you NEED A9LH. You can toggle it by creating a "/rei/updatedsysnand" file.
- Normally sysNAND is autobooted.
- If you hold L on boot, emuNAND will be booted with the firmware90.bin on the SD card so you can use exploits (you need to create a 9.0/9.2 emuNAND for this!).
- If you hold R on boot, emuNAND will be booted with the firmware.bin on the SD card.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/reinand-mod-o3ds-n3ds-sysnand.411110/

Regular Reinand can't boot sysNAND yet.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Clarification: It's running AuReiNAND in either case, but you can set it to use the EmuNAND or SysNAND (with latest FIRM launched and a patch to make updates from Settings not change FIRM0/1)

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've decided to accept bitcoin donations at this address: 1BKtYkpHJmYJSsSnRYBBGPRYRMBaNfpHTB

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
I've decided to accept bitcoin donations at this address: 1BKtYkpHJmYJSsSnRYBBGPRYRMBaNfpHTB

not sure how many bitcoins it would take to get a 2DS :/
wouldn't making a paypal to accept donations be easier?

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure how many bitcoins it would take to get a 2DS :/
wouldn't making a paypal to accept donations be easier?
I have one but it's in my real name and I'd prefer to keep it private. A new PayPal account is a real pain to create since they need a bunch of personal info.

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
I have one but it's in my real name and I'd prefer to keep it private. A new PayPal account is a real pain to create since they need a bunch of personal info.
ah, just thought it would be better to do paypal donations since I'm not sure how many people even use bitcoins since you need millions of them to even afford a lot of stuff.

x3402

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
can anyone help me make a9hl?
when i installed Python 2.7.11 and next cant install PyCrypto ,it tell me not found python

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apart from my issue below i was able to downgrade a N3DS XL, get my OTP and nearly restore with Cubic Ninja. Did take a few hours though.

Almost worked first try, it seems that after I set-up ( a new ) emuNAND with emuNAND9, and then restored my backup emuNANDN it seems to link them. Now in the sysNAND
- Nintendo 3DS/<ID-sysNAND>/<ID-A>
is the same as the emuNAND
- Nintendo 3DS/<ID-emuNAND>/<ID-A>

So it didn't restore my MiiPlaza data :( Currently copying the backup of the emuNAND files into the <ID-emuNAND>/<ID-A> folder. Lets see if it works.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to boot AuReinand per default, i want to boot sysNAND and only boot a CFW with button.
I modified my AUReinand build to autoboot into sysnand with the 9.0 FIRM. This way, I have sigpatches from the start, can play GBA and DS stuff on both my o3ds and n3ds, and I can still run Decrypt9 or launch rxTools or GW if I want emunand. Of course, you'll want to keep your sysnand on 9.0~9.2 (upgrading it would defeat the purpose, I think).

can anyone help me make a9hl?
when i installed Python 2.7.11 and next cant install PyCrypto ,it tell me not found python
because you didn't check the box that adds python to your path. Add it yourself.

Reactions: liomajor

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apart from my issue below i was able to downgrade a N3DS XL, get my OTP and nearly restore with Cubic Ninja. Did take a few hours though.

Almost worked first try, it seems that after I set-up ( a new ) emuNAND with emuNAND9, and then restored my backup emuNANDN it seems to link them. Now in the sysNAND
- Nintendo 3DS/<ID-sysNAND>/<ID-A>
is the same as the emuNAND
- Nintendo 3DS/<ID-emuNAND>/<ID-A>

So it didn't restore my MiiPlaza data :( Currently copying the backup of the emuNAND files into the <ID-emuNAND>/<ID-A> folder. Lets see if it works.

Right this did not seem to work. Now I am out of ideass.

After I restored my sysNAND, i inserted the microSD into the computer and it said it was corrupted, so then i let it be formatted, i put this back into my 3DS and then I used EMUNAND9 to create a new emuNAND. I then overwrote this emuNAND by restoring the emuNAND backup I had. I think this may have done something, now the IDs seem to be different and I cannot access my installed apps/mii data on my emuNAND. though sysNAND works fine.

Edit: I have an idea of what happened after analysing the folder paths.

It seems in step after restoring sysNAND(B) I remade my SD. Which clones sysNAND(B) to emuNAND(now B). This was a bad move, as my original emuNAND(A) was linked to a previous sysNAND(A) that I removed by formatting the 3DS. Even after the restore of the original emuNAND(A), it still thinks its linked to sysNAND(B).

Anyone have an idea on how I can solve this? I'd rather not loose my streetpass data and such. Even eShop complains the SD card for saving software is corrupt. So resetting it doesn't do much, it seems my NNID still works and I still have access in eShop. Lookign back at my sd card, it seems my backup is missing the title.db file.

Last edited by :-infern:,

cavolo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I have finally get my OTP, restoring my sysnand without any problem. I'll need help to compile my arm9loader, but I'll try it myself and if possible, someone else too, in that way I can check if my toolchain is good to go :P

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right this did not seem to work. Now I am out of ideass.

After I restored my sysNAND, i inserted the microSD into the computer and it said it was corrupted, so then i let it be formatted, i put this back into my 3DS and then I used EMUNAND9 to create a new emuNAND. I then overwrote this emuNAND by restoring the emuNAND backup I had. I think this may have done something, now the IDs seem to be different and I cannot access my installed apps/mii data on my emuNAND. though sysNAND works fine.

Edit: I have an idea of what happened after analysing the folder paths.

It seems in step after restoring sysNAND(B) I remade my SD. Which clones sysNAND(B) to emuNAND(now B). This was a bad move, as my original emuNAND(A) was linked to a previous sysNAND(A) that I removed by formatting the 3DS. Even after the restore of the original emuNAND(A), it still thinks its linked to sysNAND(B).

Anyone have an idea on how I can solve this? I'd rather not loose my streetpass data and such. Even eShop complains the SD card for saving software is corrupt. So resetting it doesn't do much, it seems my NNID still works and I still have access in eShop. Lookign back at my sd card, it seems my backup is missing the title.db file.

The guide had you make sysNAND and emuNAND backups along with an SD card backup before starting.

Restore both and copy the files back.

Did that to both systems dumped OTP on and both are back to normal plus arm9loaderhax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol