Gaming Out of ALL the Scenes, which is your favorite and why?

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the original question,

I'm not sure what you meant. I use my 36" TV screen. Which helps for this ol' man to see what I'm doing in the games. Here's a shot of the game I'm working on [Splinter Cell Chaos Theory]

20220928_172807.jpg

Acttually, I'm already upto Hokaido level. :D

@JuanBaNaNa

Last edited by AncientBoi,
Reactions: JuanMena and CoolMe

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I did start to know the scenes on the NES but getting serius on the Chinese MP3 players, the wii was fun and even give me a few bucks to spend with my girlfriend then the DS and 3DS are the most challenging ones and now the switch is a brain teaser.

But the best of all the times for me will be wii for ever. Still learning about it🥰

Reactions: JuanMena

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes. Changing the interface, and enabling to play wma files, change the retro lightning modes, was fun
Totally missed that!

All the MP3 players I owned either got lost or completely died.
I recently bought a cheap one, but it lacks a shuffle function... it's awful.

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm curious... like, hacking MP3 players?
Seriously!? 😨
I very much remember the series of S1 MP3 players and hearing about people modifying the splash screens on them.

Reactions: JuanMena

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
On the original question,

I'm not sure what you meant. I use my 36" TV screen. Which helps for this ol' man to see what I'm doing in the games. Here's a shot of the game I'm working on [Splinter Cell Chaos Theory]

View attachment 329744

Acttually, I'm already upto Hokaido level. :D

@JuanBaNaNa
I totally missed your answer my man.

A "Scene" refers to all that's been achieved in the hacking/homebrew activity for a console.

The Nintendo Wii Scene is still active as new homebrew is still being developed.
The Nintendo DS Scene is one of my favorites for all the neat things you can do with such a tiny device. Get a DS Lite and a Slot-1 cartridge and you'll turn a "gaming" console into a fully fledged gadget.

I'm unaware of the PSP Scene, so I don't know what kind of stuff a PSP owner can do with one besides playing games.

Reactions: AncientBoi

trepp0

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The 3DS scene, the first one i joined and it jump started my love for hacking and homebrew.
Post automatically merged:

Side note, fuck the switch and vita scenes. Inconsistent little consoles. Hate those things

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I do think I did manage to LetterBomb my Wii, back in the day, but I never liked that console because MoTiOn CoNtRoLs - ugh.

Nah, my favourite would have to be 3DS, with Luma3DS - so much incredibly useful stuff was developed for that wonderful handheld, such as custom themes, NTR plugins, emulators, local save backups, game dumping, LayeredFS mods, FBI for installing CIAs, free Pokémon Bank/editor, and much more I didn't really experiment with. Plus it worked on all console models, and the handheld was inherently portable, so I could take my modded games and installed CIAs wherever I went.

My second is the Switch scene - while CFW is unfortunately largely restricted to launch-model units (good luck purchasing and installing a modchip, if you've never soldered anything in your life and don't have the spare cash for replacement consoles or chips if you screw up...), and the console isn't quite as portable as the 3DS, there's still plenty of stuff on offer.
LayeredFS mods, EdiZon/Breeze cheats, save backups, Tinfoil for installing NSPs and the Eevee Save File Project thingy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1